Any one but Ras!

mjfc44

Sep 9, 2004
I was pulling for Levi to win the overall, but being 4:29 behind is tough but still in there to do it with two Mt. Stages left and a TT. Contador is a beast this guy is the future of cycling in my mind the way he attacks on the Mts and does it with so little effort is out of this world!! I was a fan of Ras but after reading some stuff I dont want this guy to win it, as a cycling fan I dont want another doping scandal in what has been a great tour so far! I think it Levi still has a shot but I'm pulling for Contador and the DC team!! Any sponsors out there that were hesitent on giving the DC team a look for next year, well they better start getting the money ready!! Thoughts of who will win?!

My predictions:

1-Contador or Levi
2-Whoever does not get first on the above
3-Evans

Ras has to worry way to much and will crack!

I would not worry about Ramussen winning, he is not a serious contender for the GC (thats what I was told in an early reply to a post I had). I must not know much about cycling since I remarked about Rasmussen winning the first climbing stage with such ease. I wondered about him being doped since knowone was close to him. I was laughed at and ridiculed for even considering such. Well...well...well. Where is the wiley professor now?

leerobbs said:
I would not worry about Ramussen winning, he is not a serious contender for the GC (thats what I was told in an early reply to a post I had). I must not know much about cycling since I remarked about Rasmussen winning the first climbing stage with such ease. I wondered about him being doped since knowone was close to him. I was laughed at and ridiculed for even considering such. Well...well...well. Where is the wiley professor now?
Great post:

I especially chuckle at the; 'my money is on .....(Kloden)' to win the long TT or other such silly posts.

TDF stage winners are a lotto outcome.

Obviously, the GC is a lotto too.

Nobody really knows what the actual performance details and truth is.

However, TV race action aside, the drunken Basque fans and beautiful countryside appear very real.

Doctor.House said:
Great post:

I especially chuckle at the; 'my money is on .....(Kloden)' to win the long TT or other such silly posts.

However, TV race action aside, the drunken Basque fans and beautiful countryside appear very real.
No discovery rider can ever have any credibility. They lost that when they hired Basso. If you want a clean winner, you'll probably have to look all the way down the bottom of the GC to find your contenders.

Contador used to ride with Liberty Seguros and managed by Manolo Saiz. Mr. I have a refrigerated suitcase of transfusion material. Now, he's managed by Johan Bruyneel, who... oh by the way... used to ride for ONCE which was managed by Manolo Saiz. There is no doubt that should contador win... there will be some connect the dots doping controversy.

Levi doesn't have the legs to win a 3 week Tour. A 1 week tour maybe... but not 3 weeks.

Evans has no balls to attack in the mountains. To finish high on the GC, he needs someone to follow. I was quite surprised at his TT abilities.

Dope or no dope... the same guys will be at the front winning. So get over it.

to the original poster, I would like anyone but Rass/Contador/Levi. I have never liked disco. so that's that. Evans won't win so I don't have to include him with previous trifecta. I don't think rass should have been allowed to race with the recent revelations, and when I saw contador's demeanor today, huge red flags went up. I was actually pulling for soler to steal the stage. he is a maverick.

to the other poster, you know who you are. why are you alway so arrogant? turning up your nose b/c others want to speculate and discuss startegies? this is a message board afterall. are we to just keep mum and not engage in discussion b/c its just a lottery, etc etc etc? how glib. how boring. not say a word b/c of such mater of factness attitudes is not fun. I think you need to try being more nice. :)

thecyclist said:
Anyone but Discovery. It will be sad if Fuentes' son Contador takes the win.
Fuentes doesn't know Contador. There is zero evidence linking the two.

K'Ching said:
No discovery rider can ever have any credibility. They lost that when they hired Basso. If you want a clean winner, you'll probably have to look all the way down the bottom of the GC to find your contenders.
So no rider can ever have any credibility. They all ride for teams that have hired dopers or have DS's that are known to have been dopers. With your attitude, why are you hanging around a cycling forum. Why not go watch bowling?

Doctor.House said:

So with all the pissing and moaning why do you watch? Or is this just one of those, "I'm so superior because I'm so cynical" posts.

saluki said:
Fuentes doesn't know Contador. There is zero evidence linking the two.
Uh-huh. He was on a team with an organized doping program and then he got hired this year by the dirtiest team in the sport.

This Tour is turning into a situation where it would be nice if they could all lose. Ras, Contador, Lamprey Leipheimer, who can believe their not all juiced to the gills.

saluki said:
So with all the pissing and moaning why do you watch? Or is this just one of those, "I'm so superior because I'm so cynical" posts.
No worries here.

Much like Lance, I pity those who do not 'believe in miracles'.

It is my understanding of such intolerance that permits me to accept those less insightful.

I have been a Chicken fan since his first Tour. Until he or any other rider has a positive test, or is caught with dope, or is sanctioned for doping by the governing body, I will continue to support the rider.

I'm just glad that I won't lose my job, career and livelyhood everytime I may get accused of something. I wonder how some of you would feel about this "evidence" if it was your job and reputation at stake.

I really have to be suspicious of information that comes to light during the middle of the TDF, and when the yellow jersey is on a guy's back. Information (the diary stuff) that I read on Ras' blog prior to the tour and five year old allegations. Why now? What's the big deal?

Let's remember the origins of the Tour, to sell newspapers! Old habits die hard.

Amist all the politics surrounding the governing bodies, the tour, the teams, national pride, jealousy, sponsor money, ect. why does it not suprise me that the maillot jeanne is under attack again.

I don't know how we even have an organized sport. I suspect its always going to be harder to defend the yellow jersey off the road than on. At least that was the case for every wearer in my memory.

Fly chicken, Fly. If not you, someone else would be getting the abuse from the haters. Don't believe me, call Lance. Your consellation prize, well its on your back.

stilesiii said:
I have been a Chicken fan since his first Tour. Until he or any other rider has a positive test, or is caught with dope, or is sanctioned for doping by the governing body, I will continue to support the rider.

I'm just glad that I won't lose my job, career and livelyhood everytime I may get accused of something. I wonder how some of you would feel about this "evidence" if it was your job and reputation at stake.

I really have to be suspicious of information that comes to light during the middle of the TDF, and when the yellow jersey is on a guy's back. Information (the diary stuff) that I read on Ras' blog prior to the tour and five year old allegations. Why now? What's the big deal?

Let's remember the origins of the Tour, to sell newspapers! Old habits die hard.

Amist all the politics surrounding the governing bodies, the tour, the teams, national pride, jealousy, sponsor money, ect. why does it not suprise me that the maillot jeanne is under attack again.

I don't know how we even have an organized sport. I suspect its always going to be harder to defend the yellow jersey off the road than on. At least that was the case for every wearer in my memory.

Fly chicken, Fly. If not you, someone else would be getting the abuse from the haters. Don't believe me, call Lance. Your consellation prize, well its on your back.
Very funny. Floyd Landis and FFF are seeking more volunteers.

stilesiii said:
If I were a lowlife shitweasel like Ras who had tried to trick a friend into internationally smuggling dope for me, I don't think I would be too surprised at the consequences.

Bro Deal said:
he got hired this year by the dirtiest team in the sport.
Explain....... You need to tell us how you come to that conclusion. Tell us which Disco/US Postal riders have been convicted while at either team. Tell us which Disco riders were attached to OP while riding for Disco.
Because they are the most high profile team in the peloton the last 9 years and have little controversy except for undocumented allegations , that really makes them one of the cleanest cycling teams.

Bro Deal said:
Uh-huh. He was on a team with an organized doping program and then he got hired this year by the dirtiest team in the sport.
You must be cofused about who he rides for. T-Mobile didn't hire him.