Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Doki

Guest
I've got an old quick release seatpost clamp with buggered quick release.
Can I get an allen bolt, epoxy / weld a nut on the other side and use it as
a standard seat clamp? Thinking of it as a way to save myself locking my
seatpost up as well as everything else if I leave the bike outside.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:38:36 +0100, "Doki" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>I've got an old quick release seatpost clamp with buggered quick release.
>Can I get an allen bolt, epoxy / weld a nut on the other side and use it as
>a standard seat clamp? Thinking of it as a way to save myself locking my
>seatpost up as well as everything else if I leave the bike outside.

Nut should not be required - mine has a hand-knurly type of nut plus a
thread in the collar. Replacing the QR with an Allen bolt would work
perfectly well. But I wouldn't be able to drop the saddle so I can
get the bikes in the optimum configuration on the rack on the car...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk