Anyone have the NEW Polar CS600X?

No bugs with my CS600 either. Rode it yesterday with a PT for comparison. 2 hour ride and after downloading, NP and averages for all time periods very close - usually within 5 watts of one another (under 5 seconds, however, the PT was always about 10% higher). I have ridden it for 1.5 years now with no complaints. Would be nice to have the CS600X's memory tho.

Good luck
Joe

Again no bugs with my CS600. Plenty of things I would like to see improved however it's not a bug if it was intended by Polar to work that way.

Just turned on all my sensors:

Power (& cadence -automatic), Speed, Altitude, R-R Recording, GPS & Heart Rate (which is automatic). You get 3h20m. If you take off the R-R you get 3h30m.

In other words it is still pretty useless if you want to use all the features. Yes they more than doubled the memory but then they introduced GPS which is data intensive meaning that you end with a device that is barely better than the CS600 in terms of memory if you want to use all those features.

That says they really haven't paid much attention to the many, many complaints about their product. Again the fact that they still don't average power on greater than 1 sec recording really is for me the most basic of errors in this supposedly upgraded model. Polar has lost its way. It should have been supporting ant+ sport (and not its own proprietary 2.4ghz standard) from the start and its sensors and headunits should have run off those. I could see people going for the power module and Garmin 705 combo.

The way Polar actually allows you setup and run workouts on their headunit is fantastic and if they broke the absolute insistance upon heart rate in their products and concentrated on improving the power features, found a GPS partner they could easily have a headunit and range of sensors to rival Garmin as someone needs to take on Garmin before they run away with the whole market to detriment of us all.

Originally Posted by tarmacjunkie .

Again no bugs with my CS600. Plenty of things I would like to see improved however it's not a bug if it was intended by Polar to work that way.

Just turned on all my sensors:

Power (& cadence -automatic), Speed, Altitude, R-R Recording, GPS & Heart Rate (which is automatic). You get 3h20m. If you take off the R-R you get 3h30m.

In other words it is still pretty useless if you want to use all the features. Yes they more than doubled the memory but then they introduced GPS which is data intensive meaning that you end with a device that is barely better than the CS600 in terms of memory if you want to use all those features.

That says they really haven't paid much attention to the many, many complaints about their product. Again the fact that they still don't average power on greater than 1 sec recording really is for me the most basic of errors in this supposedly upgraded model. Polar has lost its way. It should have been supporting ant+ sport (and not its own proprietary 2.4ghz standard) from the start and its sensors and headunits should have run off those. I could see people going for the power module and Garmin 705 combo.

The way Polar actually allows you setup and run workouts on their headunit is fantastic and if they broke the absolute insistance upon heart rate in their products and concentrated on improving the power features, found a GPS partner they could easily have a headunit and range of sensors to rival Garmin as someone needs to take on Garmin before they run away with the whole market to detriment of us all.

Are you saying you can see average power on the CS600X at 1 sec while riding? No average power is the one thing I miss on my CS600.

Joe

Joe,

Sorry I wasn't really clear there. No you can't get average power info at any recording interval whilst on the bike. It's only available in post ride analysis. What I was referring to was the way that power is recorded for 2 secs and beyond. The way it records is to take the power at each set interval and record that so say we have:

1s - 500w
2s - 250w
3s - 240w
4s - 245w
5s - 400w
6s - 240w

The way that the Polar would record that on 2sec recording would be:

2s - 250w
4s - 245w
6s - 240w

so the average watts for those 6secs was 245w

The actual power @ 1sec recording was (500+250+240+245+400+240)/6 which is 312w so as you can see 2sec recording which doesn't average the data over the interval period can give very misleading power data.

To highlight these even further take the 5sec recording then you have 400w recorded where in all actuality it was (500+250+240+245+400)/5 which is 327 watts. Quite a difference. So basically the Polar is useless for anything other than 1 sec recording and then you run into the problem of memory.

Let's hope they get the Look/Polar power meter right.

Just FYI for anyone interested. I recently had to send my CS600 in for service (one of the mounting tabs broke so I could no longer mount it to my bike) and when in for service, Polar offered an upgrade to the CS600x for $40. Now I have twice the memory. Not sure if they would do it for anyone (ie CS600 without any current issues) but might be worth a call to Polar. I always hated the switch to 5 second recording at 3h on my CS600. Now I'll have to ride 6 hours to fill the memory.

Joe

Could you tell me in particular which Service Center you sent it to? There are so many of them, I want to have the best chance of being offered the upgrade, as Polar is not admitting to it over the phone.

Thanks,

Jeff

Originally Posted by vetboy .

Just FYI for anyone interested. I recently had to send my CS600 in for service (one of the mounting tabs broke so I could no longer mount it to my bike) and when in for service, Polar offered an upgrade to the CS600x for $40. Now I have twice the memory. Not sure if they would do it for anyone (ie CS600 without any current issues) but might be worth a call to Polar. I always hated the switch to 5 second recording at 3h on my CS600. Now I'll have to ride 6 hours to fill the memory.

Joe