approaching horses

"Mike Gayler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "bob watkinson" <[email protected]> writed in news:cqufth$596
> [email protected]:
>

>> might be an idea to post this to a horsey type group to get a wider
>> consensus, then report the result back here.
>>

> Nice idea, but when I've asked this amongst horsey people I've nearly
> started a riot, as they disagree with each other, and then end up
> disagreeing with the point they started making.
> Much better - in my opinion - to ask the horses - you'll get more sense.

LOL. I like it. It's not just us cyclists then :)

I should of said --- "people (including those not on a horse)". Sorry.

The Open University some years ago did an experiment to see if people
could tell if someone who was behind them was looking at them. It was a
very simple experiment that could be repeated anywhere. Conventional
wisdom would expect about a 50/50 correctness.
The outcome was that people were correct......60% of the time!
Sean.