Armstrong's back

Ken Very Big Liar

Guest
I was talking to a chiropractor today and we got on the subject of Armstrong.
He mentioned that he had a back condition that he gets treatment for. The name
of that condition of course I can't remember but he did say that in his elder
years it'll be a pretty big problem for him. It actually creates the hump in
his back. This guy said his lower back becomes concave allowing the upper back
to stick out. He said that this actually is supposed to give Armstrong an
aerodynamic advantage on the TT bike. I remember Rominger having a similar
hump. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

Ken Very Big Liar wrote:

> I was talking to a chiropractor today and we got on the subject of Armstrong.
> He mentioned that he had a back condition that he gets treatment for. The name
> of that condition of course I can't remember but he did say that in his elder
> years it'll be a pretty big problem for him. It actually creates the hump in
> his back. This guy said his lower back becomes concave allowing the upper back
> to stick out. He said that this actually is supposed to give Armstrong an
> aerodynamic advantage on the TT bike. I remember Rominger having a similar
> hump. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

Rominger's affliction is called the Rominger Hump.

From "The Lance Armstrong Performance Program", pg 37, Lance has
spondylolisthesis, a fracture in his fifth lumbar vertibrae.

Dan

"Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was talking to a chiropractor today and we got on the subject of

Armstrong.
> He mentioned that he had a back condition that he gets treatment for. The

name
> of that condition of course I can't remember but he did say that in his

elder
> years it'll be a pretty big problem for him. It actually creates the hump

in
> his back. This guy said his lower back becomes concave allowing the upper

back
> to stick out. He said that this actually is supposed to give Armstrong an
> aerodynamic advantage on the TT bike. I remember Rominger having a

similar
> hump. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

I noticed in one of the episodes of "The Lance Commercial" on OLN he had
some big, weird yellow thing around his torso. It actually looked a bit
like a giant one of his Livestrong wrist bands. If that's what it was, I'll
bet it costs more than $1.

Anyway, I assumed it was delivering some kind of back therapy. If I recall
correctly, this was something he had on immediately after a stage in some
early-season race. I remember he was still in his team kit.

They've also shown scenes of him having people pop his back and stuff like
that.

Bob C.

Ken Very Big Liar <[email protected]> writes:

> I was talking to a chiropractor today and we got on the subject of Armstrong.
> He mentioned that he had a back condition that he gets treatment for. The name
> of that condition of course I can't remember but he did say that in his elder
> years it'll be a pretty big problem for him. It actually creates the hump in
> his back. This guy said his lower back becomes concave allowing the upper back
> to stick out. He said that this actually is supposed to give Armstrong an
> aerodynamic advantage on the TT bike. I remember Rominger having a similar
> hump. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

I don't know, but I always adhered to the ``Flatten The Back'' philosophy
personally.

http://www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=6467

--
le Vent a Dos
Davey Crockett

Dan Connelly wrote:
> From "The Lance Armstrong Performance Program", pg 37, Lance has
> spondylolisthesis, a fracture in his fifth lumbar vertibrae.
>
> Dan

I think you mean spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis is a slipped disk.

Ken Very Big Liar <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was talking to a chiropractor today and we got on the subject of Armstrong.
> He mentioned that he had a back condition that he gets treatment for. The name
> of that condition of course I can't remember but he did say that in his elder
> years it'll be a pretty big problem for him. It actually creates the hump in
> his back. This guy said his lower back becomes concave allowing the upper back
> to stick out. He said that this actually is supposed to give Armstrong an
> aerodynamic advantage on the TT bike. I remember Rominger having a similar
> hump. Has anyone else read or heard about this?

I was looking at a picture of Lance from the side and was thinking
about that hump of his. I think that he has scoliosis which wouldn't
be surprising since it is pretty common.

David Off wrote:

> Dan Connelly wrote:
>
>> From "The Lance Armstrong Performance Program", pg 37, Lance has
>> spondylolisthesis, a fracture in his fifth lumbar vertibrae.
>>
>> Dan

> I think you mean spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis is a slipped disk.

Taking medical advice on the Internet means that you can easily die from
a typo.