Asher is like SO Cool

Tom Kunich

Guest
http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2007-03-04-1.html

"Here's the raw truth:
All the computer models are wrong. They have not only failed to predict the
future, they can't even predict that past.

That is, when you run their software with the data from, say, the 1970s or
1980s, and project what should happen in the 1990s or 2000s, they project
results that have absolutely nothing to do with the known climate data for
those decades.

In other words, the models don't work. The only way to make them "work" is
to take the known results and then fiddle with the software until it finally
produces them. That's not how honest science is done."

"Science isn't done by consensus. It's done by rigorous testing. When a
hypothesis -- or a computer model -- fails to correspond to the actual
real-world data, you throw it out."

"And Kerr quotes glaciologist Richard Alley of Penn State:

"The ... data are sufficiently convincing that [solar variability] is now
the leading hypothesis to explain the roughly 1,500-year oscillation of the
climate seen since the last ice age, including the Little Ice Age of the
17th century" (p.8)."

Asher tells us, on the other hand, that it is ALL caused by man. He cries
that there is NOW nothing that we can do about it and that the whole earth
will suffer from Bill C's back surgery and all of the energy that it took to
perform it.

Asher of course, is a true believer. He will see nothing but anthropogenic
global warming no matter what real science says.

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2007-03-04-1.html
>
> "Here's the raw truth:
> All the computer models are wrong. They have not only failed to predict

the
> future, they can't even predict that past.

snipped

> Asher of course, is a true believer. He will see nothing but anthropogenic
> global warming no matter what real science says.

Houston we have a problem. Thomas has derailed, he is off-track. Maybe his
Meds should be re-evaluated.

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2007-03-04-1.html
>
> "Here's the raw truth:
> All the computer models are wrong. They have not only failed to
> predict the future, they can't even predict that past.
>
> That is, when you run their software with the data from, say, the
> 1970s or 1980s, and project what should happen in the 1990s or 2000s,
> they project results that have absolutely nothing to do with the known
> climate data for those decades.
>
> In other words, the models don't work. The only way to make them
> "work" is to take the known results and then fiddle with the software
> until it finally produces them. That's not how honest science is
> done."
>
> "Science isn't done by consensus. It's done by rigorous testing. When
> a hypothesis -- or a computer model -- fails to correspond to the
> actual real-world data, you throw it out."
>
> "And Kerr quotes glaciologist Richard Alley of Penn State:
>
> "The ... data are sufficiently convincing that [solar variability] is
> now the leading hypothesis to explain the roughly 1,500-year
> oscillation of the climate seen since the last ice age, including the
> Little Ice Age of the 17th century" (p.8)."
>
> Asher tells us, on the other hand, that it is ALL caused by man. He
> cries that there is NOW nothing that we can do about it and that the
> whole earth will suffer from Bill C's back surgery and all of the
> energy that it took to perform it.
>
> Asher of course, is a true believer. He will see nothing but
> anthropogenic global warming no matter what real science says.

A couple of interesting articles ..........

http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/ci/31/special/may01_viewpoint.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ogy.html?in_article_id=440049&in_page_id=1965

Phil H

"Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2007-03-04-1.html
>>
>> "Here's the raw truth:
>> All the computer models are wrong. They have not only failed to predict
>> the future, they can't even predict that past.
>>
>> That is, when you run their software with the data from, say, the 1970s
>> or 1980s, and project what should happen in the 1990s or 2000s, they
>> project results that have absolutely nothing to do with the known climate
>> data for those decades.
>>
>> In other words, the models don't work. The only way to make them "work"
>> is to take the known results and then fiddle with the software until it
>> finally produces them. That's not how honest science is done."
>>
>> "Science isn't done by consensus. It's done by rigorous testing. When a
>> hypothesis -- or a computer model -- fails to correspond to the actual
>> real-world data, you throw it out."
>>
>> "And Kerr quotes glaciologist Richard Alley of Penn State:
>>
>> "The ... data are sufficiently convincing that [solar variability] is now
>> the leading hypothesis to explain the roughly 1,500-year oscillation of
>> the climate seen since the last ice age, including the Little Ice Age of
>> the 17th century" (p.8)."
>>
>> Asher tells us, on the other hand, that it is ALL caused by man. He cries
>> that there is NOW nothing that we can do about it and that the whole
>> earth will suffer from Bill C's back surgery and all of the energy that
>> it took to perform it.
>>
>> Asher of course, is a true believer. He will see nothing but
>> anthropogenic global warming no matter what real science says.
>>

> A couple of interesting articles ..........
>
> http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/ci/31/special/may01_viewpoint.html
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ogy.html?in_article_id=440049&in_page_id=1965

It wouldn't be any really big deal if the results of this mythical man-made
climate change wasn't being born mostly by the third world nations.

The same whack-jobs that are crying Global Warming are pushing ethanol which
has already caused a sharp increase in corn prices and reduced other grains
as farmers switch over to the more profitable corn.

Think about this - Al Gore and "Buffy" Edwards
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q) are buying "carbon credits".
This is rich people giving money to poor people so that the rich can
continue their profligate lifestyles while poor people sit in dark cold
rooms without energy. Pretty hypocritical for people claiming to be for the
working man.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> Think about this - Al Gore and "Buffy" Edwards
> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q) are buying "carbon credits".
> This is rich people giving money to poor people so that the rich can
> continue their profligate lifestyles while poor people sit in dark cold
> rooms without energy. Pretty hypocritical for people claiming to be for the
> working man.

Not necessarily. If carbon credits are costly enough, the poor will have
money to burn.

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> Think about this - Al Gore and "Buffy" Edwards
>> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q) are buying "carbon credits".
>> This is rich people giving money to poor people so that the rich can
>> continue their profligate lifestyles while poor people sit in dark cold
>> rooms without energy. Pretty hypocritical for people claiming to be for
>> the working man.

> Not necessarily. If carbon credits are costly enough, the poor will have
> money to burn.

If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy explain
to me what having money means?

in message <[email protected]>, Tom
Kunich ('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:

> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>>> Think about this - Al Gore and "Buffy" Edwards
>>> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q) are buying "carbon
>>> credits". This is rich people giving money to poor people so that the
>>> rich can continue their profligate lifestyles while poor people sit in
>>> dark cold rooms without energy. Pretty hypocritical for people claiming
>>> to be for the working man.

>> Not necessarily. If carbon credits are costly enough, the poor will have
>> money to burn.

> If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy
> explain to me what having money means?

http://www.colnago.com/

;; An enamorata is for life, not just for weekends.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>>> Think about this - Al Gore and "Buffy" Edwards
>>> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q) are buying "carbon credits".
>>> This is rich people giving money to poor people so that the rich can
>>> continue their profligate lifestyles while poor people sit in dark cold
>>> rooms without energy. Pretty hypocritical for people claiming to be for
>>> the working man.

>> Not necessarily. If carbon credits are costly enough, the poor will have
>> money to burn.

> If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy explain
> to me what having money means?

I don't know what you've missed here, it seems plain to me.

They wont be sitting in the dark and they wont be cold because they will
have money to burn. Combustion has that effect.

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Not necessarily. If carbon credits are costly enough, the poor will have
>>> money to burn.

>> If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy
>> explain to me what having money means?
>>

> I don't know what you've missed here, it seems plain to me.
>
> They wont be sitting in the dark and they wont be cold because they will
> have money to burn. Combustion has that effect.

Somehow it's not surprising that you don't understand what carbon credits
are and are commenting on it anyway.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy
>>> explain to me what having money means?
>>>

>> I don't know what you've missed here, it seems plain to me.
>>
>> They wont be sitting in the dark and they wont be cold because they will
>> have money to burn. Combustion has that effect.

> Somehow it's not surprising that you don't understand what carbon credits
> are and are commenting on it anyway.

Somehow, it's not surprising that you are ... YOU!

in message <[email protected]>, Tom
Kunich ('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:

> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> in message <[email protected]>, Tom
>> Kunich ('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:
>>> If you can't buy electricity, gasoline or any other form of energy
>>> explain to me what having money means?

>> http://www.colnago.com/

> Leave it to Simon to find some hole in the logic. But you still aren't
> going to convince me that carbon credits are a good idea.

Does that mean I /can't/ have a carbon Colnago?

;; For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth
;; knowledge increaseth sorrow.." - Ecclesiastes 1:18

> in message <[email protected]>, Tom
> Kunich ('cyclintom@yahoo. com') wrote:
>
>> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> in message <[email protected]>, Tom
>>>
>>> http://www.colnago.com/

>> Leave it to Simon to find some hole in the logic. But you still aren't
>> going to convince me that carbon credits are a good idea.

> Does that mean I /can't/ have a carbon Colnago?

Does that put lead in your pencil?