assholes who throw things

Darjevon said:
no lie - i used to carry a paintball gun when i biked in memphis. i used it to shoot flingers of glass bottles and people with W stickers on their back bumpers.
ha ha, funny :p

When I lived in the States I had my share of lit cigarette butts,spit,etc.. thrown at me,but the Germans do something I've never seen before,they drive past you at Mach 7 while squriting their windshield wiper fluid and the overspray flies back and get's all over you,they use alcohol based fluid and it tastes terrible!
saturnsc2 said:
i know there was many threads about assholes here, but i must rant. i was riding my bike yesterday & some moron in a mini-van threw a empty wendy's cup at me. what was funny was the moron was 2 lanes to my left & when he threw the cup, the wind just took it & it flew back & so did the ice from the cup & hit the car behind him & the driver layed on his horn! duh! the cup came nowhere near me, buit it still annoys me that drivers would do something like that. just one time i would love to catch them at a red light! only a coward would throw something knowing i can't catch him & he'll get away with it.

Darjevon said:
no lie - i used to carry a paintball gun when i biked in memphis. i used it to shoot flingers of glass bottles and people with W stickers on their back bumpers.
That's great:D

By the way, I have gotten into the habbit, of every once in a while........Stealing one of those little yellow magnet ribbons off cars when no one is looking & stick them in my jersey pocket & take off as fast as I can. It gives me a rush:)

ryan_velo. said:
By the way, I have gotten into the habbit, of every once in a while........Stealing one of those little yellow magnet ribbons off cars when no one is looking & stick them in my jersey pocket & take off as fast as I can. It gives me a rush:)

Admitting to a crime? Petty theft is still a misdemeanor. You will ride for that offense and it could leave a record...

ryan_velo. said:
You are pathetic. I'd like to send you over to a place where people shoot at you every day. I feel bad for you.

roadhog said:
You are pathetic. I'd like to send you over to a place where people shoot at you every day. I feel bad for you.
where, downtown Miami? sounds good to me. When will we expect to recieve the flight tickets?

saturnsc2 said:
i know there was many threads about assholes here, but i must rant. i was riding my bike yesterday & some moron in a mini-van threw a empty wendy's cup at me. what was funny was the moron was 2 lanes to my left & when he threw the cup, the wind just took it & it flew back & so did the ice from the cup & hit the car behind him & the driver layed on his horn! duh! the cup came nowhere near me, buit it still annoys me that drivers would do something like that. just one time i would love to catch them at a red light! only a coward would throw something knowing i can't catch him & he'll get away with it.
remarkably unlikely scenario. where to begin. ok so the cup was moving presumably at the same initial velocity as the car who threw it, with the added force produced by the thrower's throw. also, it can be assumed that the car behind is moving at a similar velocity. therefore, assuming the car behind did not decelerate, the ice would hit the ground in 2-3 seconds tops, long before the wind (unless you're in a tornado) could slow down the ice significantly. now assuming the guy didn't throw the ice backwards, it would never reach the car behind.

possible exceptions are as follows:

the cars were accelerating very, very, very quickly. (this would require a LOT of acceleration. more than most saturn cars could produce, anyway.)

the cars were braking suddenly. (I doubt there were any red lights; his sentence second to last suggests that this is not the case.)

gloating, and glad to be able to prove that he knows his physics, jojo.

Kenman said:
When I lived in the States I had my share of lit cigarette butts,spit,etc.. thrown at me,but the Germans do something I've never seen before,they drive past you at Mach 7 while squriting their windshield wiper fluid and the overspray flies back and get's all over you,they use alcohol based fluid and it tastes terrible!
that sounds like a great idea. free booze, man! i think ill move to germany. :D

Darjevon said:
remarkably unlikely scenario. where to begin. ok so the cup was moving presumably at the same initial velocity as the car who threw it, with the added force produced by the thrower's throw. also, it can be assumed that the car behind is moving at a similar velocity. therefore, assuming the car behind did not decelerate, the ice would hit the ground in 2-3 seconds tops, long before the wind (unless you're in a tornado) could slow down the ice significantly. now assuming the guy didn't throw the ice backwards, it would never reach the car behind.

possible exceptions are as follows:

the cars were accelerating very, very, very quickly. (this would require a LOT of acceleration. more than most saturn cars could produce, anyway.)

the cars were braking suddenly. (I doubt there were any red lights; his sentence second to last suggests that this is not the case.)

gloating, and glad to be able to prove that he knows his physics, jojo.
damn. I am immature.

Darjevon said:
No wonder you had your ass beat as a kid...So you give us all a bad name looking for trouble...If you want to do that in retaliation, fine but don't bring a knife to a gunfight sonny....

zapper said:
No wonder you had your ass beat as a kid...So you give us all a bad name looking for trouble...If you want to do that in retaliation, fine but don't bring a knife to a gunfight sonny....
i dont like you.

ryan_velo. said:
I don't lik him that much my self. Seldomly do I find him tolerable, he's a "crawfish haed". :D
Hey, don't you have a TV to kick in or something???? and thats "crawfish head"...no "haed" oh, I get it..thats how you all say it there in mayberry...

The whole thing is getting beyond a joke. Every week I have abuse shouted by car drivers. Seems to me like jealousy too. Don't see the point of sitting in a car stuck in a queue for ages.

p38lightning said:
I've had lots of stuff thrown at me over the years, but the most memorable was an unopened 16oz beer can, which just missed my head, and exploded on impact with the ground. This from a car full of backward cap teenagers. Forgetting their wreckless sociopathy, what teen in his right mind would waste a perfectly good can of beer?

Carrera said:
The whole thing is getting beyond a joke. Every week I have abuse shouted by car drivers. Seems to me like jealousy too. Don't see the point of sitting in a car stuck in a queue for ages.
i agree totally. especially on the jealousy thing. just the other day a young fat girl shouted to me to ride on the sidewalk. a lot of these people are just jealous because their fat, out of shape & miserable with themselves. these people don't like themselves, so they just unleash their venom on the world. we are easy targets for their harrasment. another thing is it makes me also wonder if these young punks even realize that we have a right to the road like automobiles. the only people who seem to shout to me about riding on the sidewalk are just young punks. when i went to driving school (1979) the first thing they taught me is to share the road with bicycles not to mention to show courtesy to all motorists & other vehicles on the road. i wonder what they teach these numbnuts these days....

I've been spat on, had cans thrown, abuse yelled and threats made. So far as I'm concerned, if they get out of the vehicle to carry out those threats it's gloves off time.
It really annoys me. In my area, cyclists are treated like garbage. I've had people sneering and yelling abuse during hard uphill climbs. Neanderthals never became extinct I reckon.

saturnsc2 said:
i agree totally. especially on the jealousy thing. just the other day a young fat girl shouted to me to ride on the sidewalk. a lot of these people are just jealous because their fat, out of shape & miserable with themselves. these people don't like themselves, so they just unleash their venom on the world. we are easy targets for their harrasment. another thing is it makes me also wonder if these young punks even realize that we have a right to the road like automobiles. the only people who seem to shout to me about riding on the sidewalk are just young punks. when i went to driving school (1979) the first thing they taught me is to share the road with bicycles not to mention to show courtesy to all motorists & other vehicles on the road. i wonder what they teach these numbnuts these days....

Carrera said:
I've been spat on, had cans thrown, abuse yelled and threats made. So far as I'm concerned, if they get out of the vehicle to carry out those threats it's gloves off time.
It really annoys me. In my area, cyclists are treated like garbage. I've had people sneering and yelling abuse during hard uphill climbs. Neanderthals never became extinct I reckon.
it's no different here. cyclists are treated like used condoms! these people are just cowards! notice how they always never get caught by a red light? because they pull their stunts where there's no lights so they don't get caught...

I caught one. This was someone who blasted a horn and forced me to swerve at a roundabout to make room for the car.
I was so angry I can't describe it. I went straight for the car pedaling at a speed I'll bet I never reached before. I just kept going and, to my immense joy, I finally caught the car at a red light.
A huge argument followed, with the woman in the passenger seat also yelling abuse and me taking the licence plate of the vehicle. The driver was yelling stuff like he was out to knock cyclists off the road as they shouldn't be allowed. I could have taken things further and flagged down a police car but I said my bit and took the number.
saturnsc2 said:
it's no different here. cyclists are treated like used condoms! these people are just cowards! notice how they always never get caught by a red light? because they pull their stunts where there's no lights so they don't get caught...