Attn James Thomson

Twitchell

Guest
"Twitchell" <[email protected]> a écrit:

> Are the Manitou front forks adjustable? I ask because the German
> words seem to indicate that they are. If so, is there a rule of thumb
> for the adjustment?

I'm afraid I've no idea: I've decided not to dabble in off-road suspension
until the technology's had some time to mature...

Normally with elastomer-based suspension, adjustment is limited to changing
the elastomers for harder or softer versions, or setting the preload on the
elastomer stack.

> The bottom of the forks rest on top of the front wheel lever (that
> lever for quick tire removal...says Shimano on the rim so I guess
> it's the original rim).

If I had to guess, I'd say that the knurled cap at the bottom of the fork
leg is your way in, but it would be no more than a guess. If you don't get a
more helpful response from this group, you might try the forum at:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk

While Googling for information, I found this, which you might like to read
and consider:

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia97/compliance/cr3b.pdf

There's a manual included in the latter part of that document, but I didn't
have time to look closely enough to see whether or not that relates to your
fork.

Best of luck.

James Thomson

In article <[email protected]>, James Thomson says...

>"Twitchell" <[email protected]> a écrit:
>
>> Are the Manitou front forks adjustable? I ask because the German
>> words seem to indicate that they are. If so, is there a rule of thumb
>> for the adjustment?

>I'm afraid I've no idea: I've decided not to dabble in off-road suspension
>until the technology's had some time to mature...
>
>Normally with elastomer-based suspension, adjustment is limited to changing
>the elastomers for harder or softer versions, or setting the preload on the
>elastomer stack.
>
>> The bottom of the forks rest on top of the front wheel lever (that
>> lever for quick tire removal...says Shimano on the rim so I guess
>> it's the original rim).

>If I had to guess, I'd say that the knurled cap at the bottom of the fork
>leg is your way in, but it would be no more than a guess. If you don't get a
>more helpful response from this group, you might try the forum at:
>
>http://www.retrobike.co.uk
>
>While Googling for information, I found this, which you might like to read
>and consider:
>
>http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia97/compliance/cr3b.pdf
>
>There's a manual included in the latter part of that document, but I didn't
>have time to look closely enough to see whether or not that relates to your
>fork.
>
>Best of luck.
>
>James Thomson

WOW...thanks. Don't know how you found it but it's in my PCs bike folder which
seems to be growing in size by the hour.

twitch