Batavia Windmill shaping up

Max

Guest
Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
on the Fabyan Windmill.

Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
Parkway.

here's a picture <http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html>

enjoy!

..max

--
the part of <[email protected]>
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:00:09 GMT, Max <[email protected]> wrote:

>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
>that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
>on the Fabyan Windmill.
>
>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
>from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
>Parkway.
>
>here's a picture <http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html>

We were actually riding by the day the riggers were removing the old
top and replacing it with the temporary wood and fibreglass cap
several years ago. We walked our bikes up the hill to get a better
look and chatted a bit with the crew. We asked how long it would be
before the reconstruction was complete. I wish I could recall exactly
what they said but I'm pretty certain it was nowhere near May 2004.
:-(

Even though the project has taken so long to complete it's nice to see
it looking like a windmill again. A recent article in a local paper
said the internals have also been rebuilt, including a new wooden main
shaft inported from the Netherlands. Hope this means we'll actually
get to see it in action sometime soon.

wrote:

>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
>that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
>on the Fabyan Windmill.
>
>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
>from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
>Parkway.

It would be nice if it were done by June 06. That's the day of the American
Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure ride in DuPage County. We've used Fabyan
Woods as a rest stop on that ride in the past but too many riders didn't
recognize the windmill as their landmark-
"What? You mean back there at the big round building?"
<g>

Regards,
Bob Hunt

On 07 May 2004 00:05:09 GMT, [email protected] (Hunrobe) wrote:

>>Max [email protected]

>wrote:
>
>>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be interested to know
>>that the Kane County Park District has put the top and the blades back
>>on the Fabyan Windmill.
>>
>>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk appreciatively
>>from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25, just north of Fabyan
>>Parkway.

>It would be nice if it were done by June 06. That's the day of the American
>Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure ride in DuPage County. We've used Fabyan
>Woods as a rest stop on that ride in the past but too many riders didn't
>recognize the windmill as their landmark-
>"What? You mean back there at the big round building?"

Work may not be completed, but at least it now looks like a windmill
again.