Batavia Windmill shaping up

Max

Guest
Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be
interested to know that the Kane County Park District has
put the top and the blades back on the Fabyan Windmill.

Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk
appreciatively from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25,
just north of Fabyan Parkway.

here's a picture
<http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html>

enjoy!

.max

--
the part of <[email protected]> was played by maxwell
monningh 8-p

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:00:09 GMT, Max <[email protected]> wrote:

>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be
>interested to know that the Kane County Park District has
>put the top and the blades back on the Fabyan Windmill.
>
>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk
>appreciatively from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25,
>just north of Fabyan Parkway.
>
>here's a picture
><http://home.earthlink.net/~betatron/id9.html>

We were actually riding by the day the riggers were removing
the old top and replacing it with the temporary wood and
fibreglass cap several years ago. We walked our bikes up the
hill to get a better look and chatted a bit with the crew.
We asked how long it would be before the reconstruction was
complete. I wish I could recall exactly what they said but
I'm pretty certain it was nowhere near May 2004.
:-(

Even though the project has taken so long to complete it's
nice to see it looking like a windmill again. A recent
article in a local paper said the internals have also been
rebuilt, including a new wooden main shaft inported from the
Netherlands. Hope this means we'll actually get to see it in
action sometime soon.

jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

wrote:

>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be
>interested to know that the Kane County Park District has
>put the top and the blades back on the Fabyan Windmill.
>
>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk
>appreciatively from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25,
>just north of Fabyan Parkway.

It would be nice if it were done by June 06. That's the day
of the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure ride in
DuPage County. We've used Fabyan Woods as a rest stop on
that ride in the past but too many riders didn't recognize
the windmill as their landmark- "What? You mean back there
at the big round building?"
<g>

Regards, Bob Hunt

On 07 May 2004 00:05:09 GMT, [email protected] (Hunrobe) wrote:

>>Max [email protected]
>
>wrote:
>
>>Those of you who ride the Fox River Trail might be
>>interested to know that the Kane County Park District has
>>put the top and the blades back on the Fabyan Windmill.
>>
>>Although it's NOT yet open to the public, you may gawk
>>appreciatively from the surrounding park. It's on Rt. 25,
>>just north of Fabyan Parkway.
>
>It would be nice if it were done by June 06. That's the day
>of the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure ride in
>DuPage County. We've used Fabyan Woods as a rest stop on
>that ride in the past but too many riders didn't recognize
>the windmill as their landmark- "What? You mean back there
>at the big round building?"

Work may not be completed, but at least it now looks like a
windmill again.