"Bay Area dreams that could be realized" (Humans Think They Own the Earth)

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:43:29 +1300, Westie <[email protected]> wrote:

..Mike Vandeman wrote:
.. > Most species don't like having us around
..
..And likewise; we don't like having them around. Natural selection. We,
..like them, are just one of the many species inhabiting the planet. The
..difference is that some of us will try to save some of them. As yet, I
..haven't seen ANY mountain lions trying to save ANY humans and you can be
..sure of one thing - if the mountain lions outnumbered us, they'd be
..eating us into extinction without a second thought.

Did you have a point?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
..> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
..> humans?
..> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
..> other
..> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
..> available
..> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
..> other
..> free services.
..<demented ramblings snipped>
..> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
..>
..>
..> Bay Area dreams that could be realized
..>
..> Tom Stienstra
..>
..> Sunday, October 2, 2005
..>
..> One of my ultimate outdoor fantasies -- one that is now illegal -- is to
..> plunk
..> my old green canoe into Crystal Springs Reservoir on the Peninsula, paddle
..> to a
..> hidden cove and then, as the orange glow of dawn arrives, cast with my fly
..> rod
..> for giant rainbow trout, catch-and-release.
..
..<snip>
..
..The writer is a CATCH-and-RELEASE fly fisher. Do some research about Trout
..Unlimited and their catch-and-release viewpoint. You will discover is that
..TU is very involved in stream restorations projects.

So what? Catch & release is still harmful.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
> .> humans?
> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
> .> other
> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
> .> available
> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
> .> other
> .> free services.
> .<demented ramblings snipped>
> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
> .>
> .>
> .> Bay Area dreams that could be realized
> .>
> .> Tom Stienstra
> .>
> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
> .>
> .> One of my ultimate outdoor fantasies -- one that is now illegal -- is to
> .> plunk
> .> my old green canoe into Crystal Springs Reservoir on the Peninsula, paddle
> .> to a
> .> hidden cove and then, as the orange glow of dawn arrives, cast with my fly
> .> rod
> .> for giant rainbow trout, catch-and-release.
> .
> .<snip>
> .
> .The writer is a CATCH-and-RELEASE fly fisher. Do some research about Trout
> .Unlimited and their catch-and-release viewpoint. You will discover is that
> .TU is very involved in stream restorations projects.
>
> So what? Catch & release is still harmful.

Mike, how much habitat is being destroyed at Perdue University by
mountain bikers as you have claimed?

> Who cares?

Are you still alive? Nothing better to do do with your limited time? Never
mind......Perhaps one day you'll realise you aren't making a difference and
decide to have children......

Ooops, you're one of those save the earth by humanicide weirdos though
aren't you? Too little too late methinks.

Ah well, welcome to my killfile saddo.

Andy H

(Tis my real name too BTW.)

P.S. AB-672 is a HUGE security risk, since it would vastly increase access to
our watershed lands. Homeland Security woult have a fit!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 6 Oct 2005 05:20:22 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
..> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
..> .> humans?
..> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
..> .> other
..> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
..> .> available
..> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
..> .> other
..> .> free services.
..> .<demented ramblings snipped>
..> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
..> .>
..> .>
..> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
..> .>
[...]

Too much.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 6 Oct 2005 05:20:22 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .news:[email protected]...
> .> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
> .> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
> .> .> humans?
> .> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
> .> .> other
> .> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
> .> .> available
> .> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
> .> .> other
> .> .> free services.
> .> .<demented ramblings snipped>
> .> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
> .> .>
> .> .>
> .> .> Bay Area dreams that could be realized
> .> .>
> .> .> Tom Stienstra
> .> .>
> .> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
> .> .>
> .> .> One of my ultimate outdoor fantasies -- one that is now illegal -- is to
> .> .> plunk
> .> .> my old green canoe into Crystal Springs Reservoir on the Peninsula, paddle
> .> .> to a
> .> .> hidden cove and then, as the orange glow of dawn arrives, cast with my fly
> .> .> rod
> .> .> for giant rainbow trout, catch-and-release.
> .> .
> .> .<snip>
> .> .
> .> .The writer is a CATCH-and-RELEASE fly fisher. Do some research about Trout
> .> .Unlimited and their catch-and-release viewpoint. You will discover is that
> .> .TU is very involved in stream restorations projects.
> .>
> .> So what? Catch & release is still harmful.
> .
> .Mike, how much habitat is being destroyed at Perdue University by
> .mountain bikers as you have claimed?
>
> Too much.

Cite please, otherwise it's just more nonsense.

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong
> with
> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
> .> humans?
> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
> .> other
> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
> .> available
> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
> .> other
> .> free services.
> .<demented ramblings snipped>
> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
> .>
> .>
> .> Bay Area dreams that could be realized
> .>
> .> Tom Stienstra
> .>
> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
> .>
> .> One of my ultimate outdoor fantasies -- one that is now illegal -- is
> .> plunk
> .> my old green canoe into Crystal Springs Reservoir on the Peninsula,
> paddle
> .> to a
> .> hidden cove and then, as the orange glow of dawn arrives, cast with my
> fly
> .> rod
> .> for giant rainbow trout, catch-and-release.
> .
> .<snip>
> .
> .The writer is a CATCH-and-RELEASE fly fisher. Do some research about
> Trout
> .Unlimited and their catch-and-release viewpoint. You will discover is
> that
> .TU is very involved in stream restorations projects.
>
> So what? Catch & release is still harmful.

<snip>

According to your website, sushi is one of your favorite foods. You need to
consider the environmental damage you are causing by eating sushi. Catch
and release fishing causes much less damage than you eating sushi. NOTE: a
fish is killed prior to it being prepared for your dining enjoyment. Trout
Unlimited has a verifiable record on stream restoration projects, just do a
quick search. Where is PROOF that you're improving the environment?

This is cut and pasted from Mikey's web blog.
"Favorite Foods:
Fruit juice (especially pomegranate), Indian, Japanese (especially sushi),
Mexican, Native American (especially pumpkin soup), olalieberry pie, organic
tomatoes, Persian (especially chicken pomegranate), tropical fruit
(especially durian, mango, and papaya), Washington State apples, Bartlett
pears, blackberry pie, persimmons, and rhubarb pie"

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> Did you have a point?

What a funny coincidence, I was thinking the same thing about your life.
--
Westie

..
..> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
..> .>
[...]

But it doesn't say I actually EAT it, does it?

You need to
..consider the environmental damage you are causing by eating sushi. Catch
..and release fishing causes much less damage than you eating sushi.

BS. IN ADDITION to catch & release, you are also eating. I am only eating.

NOTE: a
..fish is killed prior to it being prepared for your dining enjoyment. Trout
..Unlimited has a verifiable record on stream restoration projects, just do a
..quick search. Where is PROOF that you're improving the environment?

See above. And my web site.

..This is cut and pasted from Mikey's web blog.
.."Favorite Foods:
..Fruit juice (especially pomegranate), Indian, Japanese (especially sushi),
..Mexican, Native American (especially pumpkin soup), olalieberry pie, organic
..tomatoes, Persian (especially chicken pomegranate), tropical fruit
..(especially durian, mango, and papaya), Washington State apples, Bartlett
..pears, blackberry pie, persimmons, and rhubarb pie"
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:12:22 +1300, Westie <[email protected]> wrote:

..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..> Did you have a point?
..
..What a funny coincidence, I was thinking the same thing about your life.

Don't worry, if you comb your hair right, it won't show.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 7 Oct 2005 11:37:02 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
..> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> .> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
..> .> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
..> .> .> humans?
..> .> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
..> .> .> other
..> .> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
..> .> .> available
..> .> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
..> .> .> other
..> .> .> free services.
..> .> .<demented ramblings snipped>
..> .> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
..> .> .>
..> .> .>
..> .> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
..> .> .>
[...]

ALL mountain biking destroys habitat.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2005 11:37:02 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .> On 6 Oct 2005 05:20:22 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .> .> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
> .> .>
> .> .> .
> .> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .> .> .news:[email protected]...
> .> .> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
> .> .> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
> .> .> .> humans?
> .> .> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
> .> .> .> other
> .> .> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
> .> .> .> available
> .> .> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
> .> .> .> other
> .> .> .> free services.
> .> .> .<demented ramblings snipped>
> .> .> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> Bay Area dreams that could be realized
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> Tom Stienstra
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> One of my ultimate outdoor fantasies -- one that is now illegal -- is to
> .> .> .> plunk
> .> .> .> my old green canoe into Crystal Springs Reservoir on the Peninsula, paddle
> .> .> .> to a
> .> .> .> hidden cove and then, as the orange glow of dawn arrives, cast with my fly
> .> .> .> rod
> .> .> .> for giant rainbow trout, catch-and-release.
> .> .> .
> .> .> .<snip>
> .> .> .
> .> .> .The writer is a CATCH-and-RELEASE fly fisher. Do some research about Trout
> .> .> .Unlimited and their catch-and-release viewpoint. You will discover is that
> .> .> .TU is very involved in stream restorations projects.
> .> .>
> .> .> So what? Catch & release is still harmful.
> .> .
> .> .Mike, how much habitat is being destroyed at Perdue University by
> .> .mountain bikers as you have claimed?
> .>
> .> Too much.
> .
> .Cite please, otherwise it's just more nonsense.
>
> ALL mountain biking destroys habitat.

Explain how riding a mountain bike on campus destroys habitat. Thank
you.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:12:22 +1300, Westie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .
> .> Did you have a point?
> .
> .What a funny coincidence, I was thinking the same thing about your life.
>
> Don't worry, if you comb your hair right, it won't show.

I think that I'd rather be debating environmental issues. Humour is not
your strongest attribute.
--
Westie

On 7 Oct 2005 21:49:34 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
..> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> .> .> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:46:53 -0400, "Sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> .> Humans own the entire Earth, right? So what could possibly be wrong with
..> .> .> .> flooding yet more of our scanty remaining wildlife habitat with more
..> .> .> .> humans?
..> .> .> .> What could be wrong is that we are 100% dependent on the existence of
..> .> .> .> other
..> .> .> .> species. They clean our air, clean our water, "fix" nitrogen (make it
..> .> .> .> available
..> .> .> .> to living things), and provide food, medicines, pleasure, and countless
..> .> .> .> other
..> .> .> .> free services.
..> .> .> .<demented ramblings snipped>
..> .> .> .> Mike Vandeman, Ph.D.
..> .> .> .>
..> .> .> .>
..> .> .> .> Sunday, October 2, 2005
..> .> .> .>
[...]

All natural areas are habitat. DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:34:44 GMT in
<[email protected]>, "Andy H"
<[email protected]> graced the world with this thought:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Who cares?
>>

>Are you still alive? Nothing better to do do with your limited time? Never
>mind......Perhaps one day you'll realise you aren't making a difference and
>decide to have children......
>
>Ooops, you're one of those save the earth by humanicide weirdos though
>aren't you? Too little too late methinks.
>
>Ah well, welcome to my killfile saddo.
>
>Andy H
>
>(Tis my real name too BTW.)

And thank <you> for crossposting your lameass comment to five
newsgroups.
Welcome to <my> killfile.

In article <[email protected]>,
Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 7 Oct 2005 21:49:34 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:

BS snipped for brevity

> .> .> .mountain bikers as you have claimed?
> .> .>
> .> .> Too much.
> .> .
> .> .Cite please, otherwise it's just more nonsense.
> .>
> .> ALL mountain biking destroys habitat.
> .
> .Explain how riding a mountain bike on campus destroys habitat. Thank
> .you.
>
> All natural areas are habitat. DUH!
> ===

Mike, there are not any "Natural Areas" left at the Purdue University
Campus, as it has been occupied by humans for better than 200 years.
Nothing "natural" left .......so by your definition there is no
"habitat" left, either......

Me who has been there, and seen that......

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:56:15 GMT, Me <[email protected]> wrote:

..In article <[email protected]>,
.. Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
..
..> On 7 Oct 2005 21:49:34 -0700, "tillio" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..
..BS snipped for brevity
..
..> .> .> .mountain bikers as you have claimed?
..> .> .>
..> .> .> Too much.
..> .> .
..> .> .Cite please, otherwise it's just more nonsense.
..> .>
..> .> ALL mountain biking destroys habitat.
..> .
..> .Explain how riding a mountain bike on campus destroys habitat. Thank
..> .you.
..>
..> All natural areas are habitat. DUH!
..> ===
..
..Mike, there are not any "Natural Areas" left at the Purdue University
..Campus, as it has been occupied by humans for better than 200 years.
..Nothing "natural" left .......so by your definition there is no
.."habitat" left, either......

That's impossible, unless there are no living things left.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:30:26 GMT, bizbee <[email protected]> wrote:

..On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:34:44 GMT in
..<[email protected]>, "Andy H"
..<[email protected]> graced the world with this thought:
..
..>
..>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..>> Who cares?
..>>
..>>
..>Are you still alive? Nothing better to do do with your limited time? Never
..>mind......Perhaps one day you'll realise you aren't making a difference and
..>decide to have children......
..>
..>Ooops, you're one of those save the earth by humanicide weirdos though
..>aren't you? Too little too late methinks.
..>
..>Ah well, welcome to my killfile saddo.
..>
..>Andy H
..>
..>(Tis my real name too BTW.)
..>
..And thank <you> for crossposting your lameass comment to five
..newsgroups.
..Welcome to <my> killfile.

Good riddance. BTW, Governor Schwartzenegger took my advice and vetoed this
idiotic bill.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> On 3 Oct 2005 17:22:47 -0700, "x1134x" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Hey Mikey! Another question. When I go out to one of the "off limits
> .to humans" areas with my spray can of DDT, and a couple cartons of 90
> .weight, who is going to be out there to arrest me? Isn't it off
> limits .to ALL humans, so that would include enforcement officers as
> well? .
> .So now you're locked into a catch 22. set aside land that's off
> limits .to humans because we scare the animals, but won't the
> enforcement .prescence / flyovers be disturbing and totally waste what
> you were .trying to create anyway? OR without the disturbance of
> enforcement .boots/tires on the ground or flyovers, how do you know
> that I haven't .made it my personal toxic waste dump?
> .
> .LOL you are trying to achieve a pipe dream
>
> WHAT enforcement? You will always be free to be as big an asshole as
> you already are, of course -- subject to the laws of nature, such as
> the extinction of stupid species like you.
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Your name calling and death threats are duly noted