Best tape for carbon frame?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Hi,

I am working on a Di2 build and I need to tape down the wires (my frame is not Di2 compatible with internal cable routing, etc). The kit did not come with any adhesive strips, so I need to find something. I have used black electrical tape for things in the past. It leaves a bit of a gummy residue on the frame, but not too bad.

Anything other tape or frame adhesives out there? Thanks

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
If you do use electrician's tape, get the best...3M Super 33 or Super 88.

I prefer the thinner vinyl tape by Gardner-Bender in a color to match the paint color it is applied over or a contrasting color. Menard's carry G-B tapes and the adhesion is pretty good.

Zip ties still work best in some areas of the routing IMO.

You can also use the self-adhesive, semi-permanent wire routing pads...like these:

http://www.panduit.com/wcs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=Panduit_Global%2FPG_Layout&cid=1345564328975&packedargs=locale%3Den_us%26prod_cat_id%3D164%26prod_id%3D164&pagename=PG_Wrapper

Those are from Panduit. They are available from multiple companies in a wide range of sizes and colors for single or multiple wire runs and are made in sizes to accommodate most smaller wire gauges. A local or online hobby shop would be a good place to look for them as the RC plane and helo crowd use them in their builds.