BEWARE bent content enclosed: Speedmachine, blabbing about my new ride

"Just zis Guy, you know?" skrev...
> You have to shake vigorously, and use lots of cleaner (which you can keep in the bottle for next
> time). Then rinse out with fast-running water and spin to dry. Repetition may be needed for badly
> crudded chains, but mine seems OK even after a couple of weeks of winter riding.

I did, it didn't.

M.

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" skrev...
>
>>Top Tip No. 2: chain cleaning the Sheldon way! The Sheldon Shake, as seen at
>><url:http://www.sheldonbrown.com/chains.html> - I use a plastic milk bottle instead of a Coke
>>bottle. Remember to make yourself a hook from the rest of that coathanger to get the chain
>>back out ;-)
>

> I must say that I tried that one and it didn't really do it for me. The chain did not get clean
> enough. Maybe I'm just more of a piggy with my chains....

You are supposed to completely disassemble the chain first. ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:05:27 -0600, "harv"
<harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com> wrote:

>Going from a five year affair with my V-REX to the Speedmachine is going to be a quite the
>experience. I spent some time on it at the LBS trying to sort out a few bits, and get the bike
>dialled in, but there's still a lot of tinkering to do. Good news...by turning my Forester into a
>one passenger car, I can put the whole bike, wheels on, in the car. Bad news, I'm not sure how I'll
>be able to hook up the rear wheel tray brace of the Sportwork hitch rack to the back wheel on the
>SM. To get the brace around the rear rack is going to be a challenge.

I have a Rex and would be very interest in how the SM compares on hills, flats, turns, etc

Thanks

That's a coincedence. I have a V-REX too. I too would like to be able to compare and contrast it to
the SM on the hills (such as they are around here), flats and twistys, and maybe even the occasional
hill. It's gonna' wait till the waether warms up and dries out. Big difference on the trainer. On
the V-REX I had to look down to see the TV, from the SM, I look up at it.