Bianchi??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hell and High Water, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Two questions:

    How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    general... I know that's a loaded question.)

    and

    Are there any other big teams who ride Bianchi??

    TIA,

    -Bob

    Tags:

  2. > Are there any other big teams who ride Bianchi??

    > TIA,
    >
    > -Bob

    I've always wanted a Bianchi. But I'm waiting till they show up at
    Wal-Mart.

  3. Hell and High Water wrote:
    > Two questions:
    >
    > How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    > general... I know that's a loaded question.)
    >
    > and
    >
    > Are there any other big teams who ride Bianchi??
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Bob

    Liquigas-Bianchi is the only team currently riding Bianchi AFAIK.

    But a number of teams have used Bianchi in the last decade or so,
    Mercatone Uno, GB-MG, and of course the Coast replacement Bianchi
    team.

  4. "Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Two questions:
    >
    > How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    > general... I know that's a loaded question.)

    Well, they have the current #1 ranking cyclist in the team, that's pretty
    good. Other members of their team have had a disappointing season so far - I
    think Garzelli, Cioni and Backstedt had expected better results.

    Compared to other teams, it's difficult to say, since different teams have
    different goals, depending on budget, nationality, sponsor exposure, etc.
    Again, due to DiLuca, the team hasn't failed as a whole. A single rider's
    accomplishments can mean a lot.

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Bianchi are appalling and last 365 days.

  6. Robert Chung wrote:
    > Bianchi are appalling and last 365 days.

    No, appaling.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  7. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >> Bianchi are appalling and last 365 days.

    > No, appaling.

    Ooops. You're right. I stand corrected. "Bianchi are appaling and last 365
    days."

  8. trg

    trg Guest

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Hell and High Water" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
    > de
    > news:[email protected]
    >> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid says...
    >>
    >> > Bianchi are appalling and last 365 days.

    >> What does THAT mean??
    >>

    >> -Bob
    >>

    > Means they break after a year.

    It was a particular problem around 1998. Their top AL models had a tendency
    to break where the down tube met the head tube. IRC, they began to put a
    gusset at that place.

  10. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    It is a reference to a thread where some butt head tried to trash
    Bianchi's reputation because HE was unhappy with the warranty and his
    broken frame. It was pretty funny and worth digging up. There are a
    number of inside jokes that still flow from that thread. I think the
    fool's name was "Justin"...so that and Bianchi as search words should
    get you there.

  11. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    Hell and High Water wrote:

    > Two questions:
    >
    > How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    > general... I know that's a loaded question.)

    Liquigas-Bianchi was a very deep and powerful team right out of the box,
    and they've only gotten better since Cipollini retired with them in May.
    Danilo Di Luca, who has been highly regarded but has not had the
    results to match his talent, has been fabulous this year and is
    currently in place as the #1 ranked rider. In addition, their other
    stars (climbers Garzelli, Cioni and Pellizotti, sprinters Zanotti and
    Pagliarini, and the ultra-powerful rouleur Backstedt) have also had fine
    seasons, just barely falling short of the very best. Liquigas also has
    some interesting young riders, namely Michael Albasini (Swi) and Enrico
    Gasparotto (Ita). The latter was a surprise winner of the road race
    portion of the Italian Championships, so he gets to wear a red, green
    and white jersey in competition until next June. It's a very impressive
    showing for a new team in its first year.

  12. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    sonarrat wrote:
    > In addition, their other stars (climbers Garzelli, Cioni and Pellizotti,
    > sprinters Zanotti and Pagliarini, and the ultra-powerful rouleur
    > Backstedt)

    Surely the winner of a Paris Roubaix should at least be called a
    super-rouleur.

  13. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Hell and High Water wrote:
    >
    > > Two questions:
    > >
    > > How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    > > general... I know that's a loaded question.)

    > Liquigas-Bianchi was a very deep and powerful team right out of the box,
    > and they've only gotten better since Cipollini retired with them in May.
    > Danilo Di Luca, who has been highly regarded but has not had the
    > results to match his talent, has been fabulous this year and is
    > currently in place as the #1 ranked rider. In addition, their other
    > stars (climbers Garzelli, Cioni and Pellizotti, sprinters Zanotti and
    > Pagliarini, and the ultra-powerful rouleur Backstedt) have also had fine
    > seasons, just barely falling short of the very best. Liquigas also has
    > some interesting young riders, namely Michael Albasini (Swi) and Enrico
    > Gasparotto (Ita). The latter was a surprise winner of the road race
    > portion of the Italian Championships, so he gets to wear a red, green
    > and white jersey in competition until next June. It's a very impressive
    > showing for a new team in its first year.

    Thanks for the responses, everyone!

    -Bob

  14. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    Donald Munro wrote:
    > Hell and High Water wrote:
    >
    >>>How does the Liquigas-Bianchi team compare to other teams. (In
    >>>general... I know that's a loaded question.)

    > sonarrat wrote:
    >
    >>In addition, their other stars (climbers Garzelli, Cioni and Pellizotti,
    >>sprinters Zanotti and Pagliarini, and the ultra-powerful rouleur
    >>Backstedt)

    > Surely the winner of a Paris Roubaix should at least be called a
    > super-rouleur.

    I chose that superlative for a reason; though he is definitely super
    himself in a number of ways, I thought it most vivid to accent his raw
    power above all else. He can tow the entire peloton all day without
    strain, and he puts out over 2000 watts in a dead sprint. At least one
    rider has said that drafting behind him is like tailing a derny or a
    motorcycle.