Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Big and Tall Clothing! Help!

Started by Christy · · Last activity · 15 posts · 530 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 June 2006
Last activity
26 June 2006
Original author
Christy
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
530
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

  2. Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    I'm the same height and weight. I find the Primal Wear XXL and the
    Pearl Izumi XXL fits me fine. There are a number of other ranges but I
    have not had problems finding the right size in so perhaps look around a
    bit more

    --
    Tony

    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
    his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    assos

  4. mrbubl said:
    Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    assos

    Bless you!

    --
    Tony

    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
    his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  5. Tony Raven said:

    mrbubl wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    assos

    Quoted message said:

    Bless you!

    I was waiting for jtaylor to accuse him of name-calling.

    <eg>

  6. "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    At 6'6, I'm assuming you're a man, even though you have a name more
    associated with women. If you're female, Terry carries large sizes for
    women.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
    See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

  7. Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    Try www.boure.com

    Matt O.

  8. Claire Petersky said:

    "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    At 6'6, I'm assuming you're a man, even though you have a name more
    associated with women. If you're female, Terry carries large sizes for
    women.

    I'm 6' 4", 225 pounds (and male). I find that I'm right on the border
    of Performance clothing sizes XL and XXL. Unfortunately, I've been
    finding that I'm starting to fit XXL better lately. (Expanding
    waistline.) I have yet to find a set of full-finger gloves that fit
    properly.

    BTW: another source for female specific bike clothing:
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/ .
    They claim to have clothing in sizes 2-28 (XS-4X).

    Jeff

  9. "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/
    If they don't have something big enough for you then you might be in
    trouble.

  10. Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    I am 6' 1" and 245 pounds. I buy NashBar bibs shorts and add a few
    inches to the suspenders. It is a pain but they fit better that way.

  11. Yup, I'm a guy. Named after the baseball pitcher, Christy Mathewson.

    Claire Petersky said:

    "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    At 6'6, I'm assuming you're a man, even though you have a name more
    associated with women. If you're female, Terry carries large sizes for
    women.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
    See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

  12. Cool idea! Thanks!

    Fritz said:
    Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    I am 6' 1" and 245 pounds. I buy NashBar bibs shorts and add a few
    inches to the suspenders. It is a pain but they fit better that way.

  13. I'll try it!

    mrbubl said:
    Christy said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    assos

  14. Yes; Nashbar's largest bibs are the only option I know of. I'd spend $150
    on a good set of bibs. Where are the entrepreneurs?
    Jim
    "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yup, I'm a guy. Named after the baseball pitcher, Christy Mathewson.

    Claire Petersky said:

    "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    At 6'6, I'm assuming you're a man, even though you have a name more
    associated with women. If you're female, Terry carries large sizes for
    women.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
    See the books I've set free at:


    http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

    Quoted message said:
  15. Jim said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Christy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > I'm a 6'6" and 230lb roadie. I need tall clothing. Years ago, Bike
    > Nashbar offered a whole slug of options. Now they have all but dried
    > up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    Quoted message said:

    Yes; Nashbar's largest bibs are the only option I know of. I'd spend


    $150

    Quoted message said:

    on a good set of bibs. Where are the entrepreneurs?

    At his size I'm not sure why he'd need custom. I use custom stuff
    sometimes for jackets and tights (6'10"/230). There are many sources for
    custom-made cycling clothing (youngoriginals.com, coldlizard.com,
    foxwear.com, etc.). I find off-the-shelf shorts & ss jerseys fit OK (PI,
    Voler, etc.).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.