Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

Mark Hickey wrote:
> Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mark Hickey wrote:
>>> Very few of us consider us "holier than anyone", but I also think
>>> most of us are pragmatic enough to realize that we (the "west") are
>>> currently in the early stages of the next true "world war".

>> On this you are correct, but will it be a holy war, or will we just
>> finally ******** the rest of the world to the point where we become
>> the equivalent of the Nazi's???

> Get back to me when we've initiated genocide on millions of a
> particular people group. World opinion is just an opinion, nothing
> more. Suggesting a correlation to the Nazi regime does two things.
> One, it shows you have no perspective or historical knowledge. Two,
> it ends the thread. ;-)

You dreamer you.

In article <[email protected]>,
Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

> Get back to me when we've initiated genocide on millions of a
> particular people group. World opinion is just an opinion, nothing
> more. Suggesting a correlation to the Nazi regime does two things.
> One, it shows you have no perspective or historical knowledge. Two,
> it ends the thread. ;-)

what about vietnam? the big u.s accomplishment

casualties:

Vietnamese Army, National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam
50,000-150,000 KIA/MIA

South Vietnamese Army
1,125,000 KIA/MIA

Vietnamese Civilians
2,000,000 to 3,500,000 Killed
3,000,000 affected by Agent Orange

between 2 and 3 millions civilian casualties. how do you qualify that?
an other american action to defend the free world?

--
*** USA, THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED PLUTOCRACY ***

http://www.usenet.com

In article <[email protected]>,
Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> Who sponsored Saddam Hussein against Iran? Who sponsored the Taliban
> against the Russian Army?

Well, look also more recently at Iran.
Did you watch the recently broadcasted images about the last round of
iranian war games and military exercises?
Noticed the equipment used? American helicopters and planes, etc...
where do you think they got that? and if you know anything about
armament, you know that for every piece of equipment sold three time as
much money is spent on parts and supplies. And where do they get them.
Teheran Walmart?
"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them,"
said Lenin.
The US being the biggest arm dealer in the world...

--

Tom Keats wrote:

> Meanwhile, solar energy is there for the harnessing. Heck,
> the whole planet is driven by it.
>
> Last Saturday was a beautiful sunny day here. I did my weekly
> trip to the laundromat. While I was there, people were drying
> their clothes in the mechanical dryers there. I took my wet
> laundry home and hung it on the clothesline, in the sunshine.
>
> I had to bury hardly anything.

Wouldn't work too well today and yesterday here (western MA).
Rain, drizzle, clouds, no sun.

And then there's always that $0.30/KW cost (compared w/ coal
at about 3 cents) according to an NPR report I heard a few
days ago.

Sounds like solar thermal (at about $0.15/KW) has a lot more
potential than solar PV for quite some time to come and a lot
more efficient. The sun heats a rod that converts water to
steam that drives a generator.

Still, unless you're in Arizona, there are too many days like
today to shut down the system.

SMH

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 07:04:46 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

>> developing weapons of mass destruction."
>>

>> Jay Rockefeller > October 10, 2002
>> "There was unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
>> aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear
>> weapons within the next five years. We also should remember that we
>> have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development
>> of weapons of mass destruction."
>>

>> Joe Biden > August 4, 2002
>> "[H]e does have the capacity, as all terrorist-related operations do,
>> of smuggling stuff into the United States and doing something
>> terrible. That is true. But there's been no connection, hard
>> connection made yet between he and al-Qaida or his willingness or
>> effort to do that thus far. Doesn't mean he won't. This is a bad guy."
>>

>> **** Durbin > September 30, 1999
>> "One of the most compelling threats we in this country face today is
>> the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Threat assessments
>> regularly warn us of the possibility that North Korea, Iran, Iraq, or
>> some other nation may acquire or develop nuclear weapons."
>>

>> Bill Nelson > August 25, 2002
>> "[M]y own personal view is, I think Saddam has chemical and biological
>> weapons, and I expect that he is trying to develop a nuclear weapon.
>> So at some point, we might have to act precipitously."
>>
>> Nancy Pelosi > October 10, 2002
>> "Yes, he has chemical weapons. Yes, he has biological weapons. He is
>> trying to get nuclear weapons."
>>
>> Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998
>> "We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st
>> Century.... They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build
>> arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles
>> to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no
>> more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."
>>

>> Johnny Edwards > February 6, 2003
>> "The question is whether we're going to allow this man who's been
>> developing weapons of mass destruction continue to develop weapons of
>> mass destruction, get nuclear capability and get to the place where --
>> if we're going to stop him if he invades a country around him -- it'll
>> cost millions of lives as opposed to thousands of lives."
>>

>> Al Gore > September 23, 2002
>> "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
>> weapons throughout his country."
>>
>> John Kerry > February 23, 1998
>> "Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear
>> that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity
>> and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability
>> of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of
>> terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions
>> near but not exactly in the Middle East."

>Oh, come on. It's obvious that George W. Bush /influenced/ all those people
>to say those things -- even the ones that were two-plus years before he

That's more than the response you'd get from a liberal, they just
ignore it and go on to their next "fair and balanced" viewpoint.

M. Bakunin wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Get back to me when we've initiated genocide on millions of a
>> particular people group. World opinion is just an opinion, nothing
>> more. Suggesting a correlation to the Nazi regime does two things.
>> One, it shows you have no perspective or historical knowledge. Two,
>> it ends the thread. ;-)

> what about vietnam? the big u.s accomplishment
>
> casualties:
>
> Vietnamese Army, National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam
> 50,000-150,000 KIA/MIA
>
> South Vietnamese Army
> 1,125,000 KIA/MIA
>
> Vietnamese Civilians
> 2,000,000 to 3,500,000 Killed
> 3,000,000 affected by Agent Orange
>
> between 2 and 3 millions civilian casualties. how do you qualify that?
> an other american action to defend the free world?

You didn't mention the 50,000 or so Americans, mostly naive younger
ones, who were killed, or the war shock effect on many that returned alive.
That is what I am concerned Iraq and the war on terrorism (which country
do we invade today?) will turn into. Since all the terrorists are either
Muslim or Islamic, they could eventually view it as genocide on our
part, hence the comparison to the Nazis. In the Muslim point of view we
may be the equivalent of the Nazi regime. The other side of the coin is
that the Muslims in the southern end of their territory actually are
practicing genocide on the Black Africans in mid-Africa and we are doing
absolutely nothing. I think Bush is trying to keep that covered up.
The final kick in the ass is that I saw a recruiting ad in the
employment section of the paper a few days back. It said "Join the
National guard and defend the United States". It did not mention that if
you were stupid enough to fall for it you would be getting a free ride
to Iraq. Having lived through the Viet Nam era without winding up in the
military over there, I am having a case of deja vu.
Bill Baka

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:00 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

> Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

Classic political wisdom from Planet Baka.

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:00 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>M. Bakunin wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Get back to me when we've initiated genocide on millions of a
>>> particular people group. World opinion is just an opinion, nothing
>>> more. Suggesting a correlation to the Nazi regime does two things.
>>> One, it shows you have no perspective or historical knowledge. Two,
>>> it ends the thread. ;-)

>> what about vietnam? the big u.s accomplishment
>>
>> casualties:
>>
>> Vietnamese Army, National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam
>> 50,000-150,000 KIA/MIA
>>
>> South Vietnamese Army
>> 1,125,000 KIA/MIA
>>
>> Vietnamese Civilians
>> 2,000,000 to 3,500,000 Killed
>> 3,000,000 affected by Agent Orange
>>
>> between 2 and 3 millions civilian casualties. how do you qualify that?
>> an other american action to defend the free world?
>>

>You didn't mention the 50,000 or so Americans, mostly naive younger
>ones, who were killed, or the war shock effect on many that returned alive.

What "war shock effect" are you talking about?

>That is what I am concerned Iraq and the war on terrorism (which country
>do we invade today?) will turn into. Since all the terrorists are either
>Muslim or Islamic, they could eventually view it as genocide on our
>part, hence the comparison to the Nazis. In the Muslim point of view we
>may be the equivalent of the Nazi regime. The other side of the coin is
>that the Muslims in the southern end of their territory actually are
>practicing genocide on the Black Africans in mid-Africa and we are doing
>absolutely nothing. I think Bush is trying to keep that covered up.
>The final kick in the ass is that I saw a recruiting ad in the
>employment section of the paper a few days back. It said "Join the
>National guard and defend the United States". It did not mention that if
>you were stupid enough to fall for it you would be getting a free ride
>to Iraq. Having lived through the Viet Nam era without winding up in the
>military over there, I am having a case of deja vu.
>Bill Baka

Deja vu? Of what, pray tell? Having escaped serving your country?

> > Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

You mean like Timothy McVeigh ? or Theodore Kaczynski?

--

"n5hsr" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Even though my last name is of French origin, and I did take French in

Who cares?
No need to apologize. You're not what your ancestors were, lucky you,
you're just an average american moron.

--
*** USA, THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED PLUTOCRACY ***

http://www.usenet.com

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:55:00 -0500, "M. Bakunin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> > Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

>You mean like Timothy McVeigh ? or Theodore Kaczynski?

No, I think he probably means this kind of terrorist:

— November 1979: Muslim extremists (Iranian variety) seized the U.S.
embassy in Iran and held 52 American hostages for 444 days, following
Democrat Jimmy Carter's masterful foreign policy granting Islamic
fanaticism its first real foothold in the Middle East.

— 1982: Muslim extremists (mostly Hezbollah) began a nearly
decade-long habit of taking Americans and Europeans hostage in
Lebanon, killing William Buckley and holding Terry Anderson for 6 1/2
years.

— April 1983: Muslim extremists (Islamic Jihad or possibly Hezbollah)
bombed the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, killing 16 Americans.

— October 1983: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) blew up the U.S. Marine
barracks at the Beirut airport, killing 241 Marines.

— December 1983: Muslim extremists (al-Dawa) blew up the U.S. Embassy
in Kuwait, killing five and injuring 80.

— September 1984: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) exploded a truck bomb
at the U.S. Embassy annex in Beirut, killing 24 people, including two
U.S. servicemen.

— December 1984: Muslim extremists (probably Hezbollah) hijacked a
Kuwait Airways airplane, landed in Iran and demanded the release of
the 17 members of al-Dawa who had been arrested for the bombing of the
U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, killing two Americans before the siege was
over.

— June 14, 1985: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) hijacked TWA Flight 847
out of Athens, diverting it to Beirut, taking the passengers hostage
in return for the release of the Kuwait 17 as well as another 700
prisoners held by Israel. When their demands were not met, the Muslims
shot U.S. Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem and dumped his body on the
tarmac.

— October 1985: Muslim extremists (Palestine Liberation Front backed
by Libya) seized an Italian cruise ship, the Achille Lauro, killing
69-year-old American Leon Klinghoffer by shooting him and then tossing
his body overboard.

— December 1985: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed airports
in Rome and Vienna, killing 20 people, including five Americans.

— April 1986: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed a discotheque
frequented by U.S. servicemen in West Berlin, injuring hundreds and
killing two, including a U.S. soldier.

— December 1988: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed Pan Am
Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 259 on board and 11
on the ground.

— February 1993: Muslim extremists (al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, possibly
with involvement of friendly rival al-Qaida) set off a bomb in the
basement of the World Trade Center, killing six and wounding more than
1,000.

— Spring 1993: Muslim extremists (al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, the Sudanese
Islamic Front and at least one member of Hamas) plot to blow up the
Lincoln and Holland tunnels, the U.N. complex, and the FBI's lower
Manhattan headquarters.

— November 1995: Muslim extremists (possibly Iranian "Party of God")
explode a car bomb at U.S. military headquarters in Saudi Arabia,
killing five U.S. military servicemen.

— June 1996: Muslim extremists (13 Saudis and a Lebanese member of
Hezbollah, probably with involvement of al-Qaida) explode a truck bomb
outside the Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American
servicemen and injuring hundreds.

— August 1998: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) explode truck bombs at
U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, killing 224 and injuring
thousands.

— October 2000: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) blow up the U.S. Navy
destroyer USS Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors.

— Sept. 11, 2001: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) hijack commercial
aircraft and fly planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and
a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 Americans.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:00 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

> Classic political wisdom from Planet Baka.

Correction, just for you, MOST of the terrorists.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:00 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> M. Bakunin wrote:

>>> what about vietnam? the big u.s accomplishment
>>>
>>> casualties:
>>>
>>> Vietnamese Army, National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam
>>> 50,000-150,000 KIA/MIA
>>>
>>> South Vietnamese Army
>>> 1,125,000 KIA/MIA
>>>
>>> Vietnamese Civilians
>>> 2,000,000 to 3,500,000 Killed
>>> 3,000,000 affected by Agent Orange
>>>
>>> between 2 and 3 millions civilian casualties. how do you qualify that?
>>> an other american action to defend the free world?
>>>

>> You didn't mention the 50,000 or so Americans, mostly naive younger
>> ones, who were killed, or the war shock effect on many that returned alive.

> What "war shock effect" are you talking about?

Something like "Shell shock" from WWII. A lot of the returning soldiers
came back totally freaked out from the experience.

>> That is what I am concerned Iraq and the war on terrorism (which country
>> do we invade today?) will turn into. Since all the terrorists are either
>> Muslim or Islamic, they could eventually view it as genocide on our
>> part, hence the comparison to the Nazis. In the Muslim point of view we
>> may be the equivalent of the Nazi regime. The other side of the coin is
>> that the Muslims in the southern end of their territory actually are
>> practicing genocide on the Black Africans in mid-Africa and we are doing
>> absolutely nothing. I think Bush is trying to keep that covered up.
>> The final kick in the ass is that I saw a recruiting ad in the
>> employment section of the paper a few days back. It said "Join the
>> National guard and defend the United States". It did not mention that if
>> you were stupid enough to fall for it you would be getting a free ride
>> to Iraq. Having lived through the Viet Nam era without winding up in the
>> military over there, I am having a case of deja vu.
>> Bill Baka

> Deja vu? Of what, pray tell? Having escaped serving your country?

I actually tried to enlist and got turned down thanks to my traffic
ticket collection. My final attempt was to volunteer for the draft and
even that failed. I tried, even though I thought the war was bogus.
Besides, serving my country would have had meaning for WWII, not the
"Police action" in Viet Nam.
Bill Baka

M. Bakunin wrote:
>>> Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

> You mean like Timothy McVeigh ? or Theodore Kaczynski?

There will always be a few nut cases that live in this country, just
because we are free, but I was referring in general to the organized
groups that hate us as a country. I doubt that McVeigh would have had
the guts to wire himself with C4 and blow himself up. I was referring to
the religious radicals that will do that and I doubt that even the most
radical born again Christian would even contemplate the thought.

We Americans value our own lives much more than the Muslims for some
reason. Any religion that is based on the belief that if you kill
yourself to kill others you will go to heaven and have 70? virgins is
totally whacko to begin with. So these guys are blowing themselves up
just for a fantasy of getting laid, and they need 70 virgins for that?

That defines (to me at least) a totally crazy religion.
Bill Baka

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:28:55 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:00 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Since all the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic...

>> Classic political wisdom from Planet Baka.

>Correction, just for you, MOST of the terrorists.

Baka: "Most of the terrorists are either Muslim or Islamic..."

Let me try it this way:

If Terrorist A is Muslim and Terrorist B is Islamic, what's the
difference between the two?

R Brickston wrote:

> [...]

> explode a car bomb at U.S. military headquarters in Saudi Arabia,
> killing five U.S. military servicemen.
>
> — June 1996: Muslim extremists (13 Saudis and a Lebanese member of
> Hezbollah, probably with involvement of al-Qaida) explode a truck bomb
> outside the Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American
> servicemen and injuring hundreds.
>
> — August 1998: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) explode truck bombs at
> U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, killing 224 and injuring
> thousands.
>
> — October 2000: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) blow up the U.S. Navy
> destroyer USS Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors.
>
> — Sept. 11, 2001: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) hijack commercial
> aircraft and fly planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and
> a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 Americans.

Wow,
I am amazed that you quoted the whole list that I was thinking of, but
that's the kind of terrorist I meant. It goes back farther than that,
where the Israeli (sp?) Olympians were killed by more of the same ilk.
Since when are you on my side?
Bill Baka

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:33:24 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:

>>> You didn't mention the 50,000 or so Americans, mostly naive younger
>>> ones, who were killed, or the war shock effect on many that returned alive.

>> What "war shock effect" are you talking about?

>Something like "Shell shock" from WWII. A lot of the returning soldiers
>came back totally freaked out from the experience.

That's complete and total ********. There was an initial slightly
higher incidence of suicide, but only for about 5 years post
discharge, after which the Vietnam vet's rate was lower than
non-veteran's.

>>> That is what I am concerned Iraq and the war on terrorism (which country
>>> do we invade today?) will turn into. Since all the terrorists are either
>>> Muslim or Islamic, they could eventually view it as genocide on our
>>> part, hence the comparison to the Nazis. In the Muslim point of view we
>>> may be the equivalent of the Nazi regime. The other side of the coin is
>>> that the Muslims in the southern end of their territory actually are
>>> practicing genocide on the Black Africans in mid-Africa and we are doing
>>> absolutely nothing. I think Bush is trying to keep that covered up.
>>> The final kick in the ass is that I saw a recruiting ad in the
>>> employment section of the paper a few days back. It said "Join the
>>> National guard and defend the United States". It did not mention that if
>>> you were stupid enough to fall for it you would be getting a free ride
>>> to Iraq. Having lived through the Viet Nam era without winding up in the
>>> military over there, I am having a case of deja vu.
>>> Bill Baka

>> Deja vu? Of what, pray tell? Having escaped serving your country?

>I actually tried to enlist and got turned down thanks to my traffic
>ticket collection.

Sorry, I find this story hard to believe.

> My final attempt was to volunteer for the draft and
>even that failed.

As is this one lacking credibility. And you had no physical
impairment. Do you know how many tried to evade the draft during this
time period? Going to Canada, Europe, physically injuring themselves.
And all they had to do was regurgitate some of your rambling dialogue?

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:51:18 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

>> outside the Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American
>> servicemen and injuring hundreds.
>>
>> — August 1998: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) explode truck bombs at
>> U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, killing 224 and injuring
>> thousands.
>>
>> — October 2000: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) blow up the U.S. Navy
>> destroyer USS Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors.
>>
>> — Sept. 11, 2001: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) hijack commercial
>> aircraft and fly planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and
>> a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 Americans.

>Wow,
>I am amazed that you quoted the whole list that I was thinking of, but
>that's the kind of terrorist I meant. It goes back farther than that,
>where the Israeli (sp?) Olympians were killed by more of the same ilk.

The list is only transgressions against Americans.

In article <[email protected]>,
R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

> No, I think he probably means this kind of terrorist:
>
> — November 1979: Muslim extremists (Iranian variety) seized the U.S.
> embassy in Iran and held 52 American hostages for 444 days, following
> Democrat Jimmy Carter's masterful foreign policy granting Islamic
> fanaticism its first real foothold in the Middle East.

ah! good! i was afraid he was talking about american terrorists, white,
anglos, good republicans. or worse, the american terrorist state.
here's a partial list (we can do list too. more at
http://www.intellnet.org/resources/american_terrorism/)
but i seriously doubt you'll have the intellectual honesty to step back
and try to understand.

1948 ‹ Present American/Israeli State Terrorism of the Palestinian People
Estimated civilian deaths: 100,000 Palestinian people

1960s ‹ Present American Support for Colombian State Terrorism of the
Colombian People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 67,000 people

1991 ‹ Present American/British State Terrorism of the Iraqi People
Estimated total civilian deaths: at least 200,000 people directly from
the 1991 terror campaign;
1,000,000 ‹ 2,000,000 people since then from the combined effects of
depleted uranium poisoning, polluted water and sanctions

1992 ‹ Present American/NATO State Terrorism of the Yugoslavian People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 3000 people from the 1999 terror-bombing
Weapons of mass-destruction used by U.S.-dominated NATO forces included
cluster bombs, depleted uranium missiles, fuel-air bombs, napalm, cruise
missiles and other so-called "smart bombs."
250,000 people were killed during the U.S./German-sponsored civil war in
Bosnia, 1992-1995 and Krajina, 1995.

1960 ‹ Present American Assassination of Patrice Lumumba and Backing of
State Terrorism of the People of The Congo/Zaire

1959 ‹ Present American Subversion and State Terrorism of the Cuban
People

1953 ‹ Present American-backed Genocide of the Guatemalan People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 200,000 people

1980 ‹ Present American Terrorism of the El Salvadoran People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 75,000 people

1975 ‹ 1999
American-backed Genocide of the People of East Timor
Estimated civilian deaths: over 200,000 people

1987 ‹ 1994
American-supported State Terrorism of the Haitian People
The U.S. supported the Duvalier family dictatorship for 30 years, then
opposed the reformist priest, Jean-Bertrand Aristide. Meanwhile, the CIA
was working intimately with death squads, torturers, and drug
traffickers.

1993
American Slaughter of People in Somalia

1979 ‹ 1992
American Subversion in Afghanistan
Estimated civilian deaths: over 1,000,000 people

1981 ‹ 1990
American Terrorism of the Nicaraguan People
Estimated civilian deaths: over 13,000 people

1989 American Invasion of Panama
Estimated civilian deaths: several thousand people

etc... etc... etc...

--

Mark Hickey wrote:
> Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mark Hickey wrote:
> >> Very few of us consider us "holier than anyone", but I also think most
> >> of us are pragmatic enough to realize that we (the "west") are
> >> currently in the early stages of the next true "world war".

> >On this you are correct, but will it be a holy war, or will we just
> >finally ******** the rest of the world to the point where we become the
> >equivalent of the Nazi's???

> Get back to me when we've initiated genocide on millions of a
> particular people group. World opinion is just an opinion, nothing
> more. Suggesting a correlation to the Nazi regime does two things.
> One, it shows you have no perspective or historical knowledge. Two,
> it ends the thread. ;-)

No it doesn't. See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law>.

Usenet flame wars end when the arguments become repetitive so the
participants become bored and quit.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain