Bike Courier Melbourne

Roadie_scum <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Rickster wrote: [snip]

> I'm not sure who has been 'confrimed' as a moron... Could
> you explain what 'confriming' is please? How is it
> different to regular 'friming'? What about 'ney' (neigh?)
> and 'relevent' (see above)?
>
> Note for Rickster: Although I've been pretty insulting, I
> haven't sworn in my post, nor have I reproduced your
> smallminded language directed towards byron27. Perhaps you
> could try running with this - you never know who might
> read this stuff and get offended.

Mr Scum, I don't think you know who you are responding too,
'cos there is some serious mix up in the quotes here.

And you pull me up on spelling mistakes ? Sure sign of
the beaten.

In article <[email protected]>,
hippy <[email protected]> wrote:

> It seems to work like this:
> 1) You hear about singlespeeds
> 2) You decide to build one on the cheap because you might
> not like it
> 3) You love it
> 4) You decide to build a "nice" singlespeed
> 5) You spend more money on your "nice" singlespeed than
> your "good" bike!
> 6) You buy/build more singlespeeds...
> 7) ...then you discover fixies...

8) And then you have one of those light-bulb monets, where
you realise why someone invented the derailleur...

--
Shane Stanley

>Originally posted by Shane Stanley
>8) And then you have one of those light-bulb monets, where
>you realise why someone invented the derailleur...

Yeah, it's for use as a cheap chain tensioner on a singlespeed, right? :p

I have 3 singlespeed bikes and 3 geared bikes. What did I do
this weekend? I rode 100k on Sat on the GT SS and another
100k on Sun on the GT SS. I can't explain it, but I LIKE riding
the SS. I commuted to work on it today as well and still
managed a good time in on it.
Yeah, I could probably save some more time riding the roadie
in, but how much would that be due to skinny tyres and better aero positioning? I'll let you know when I finish building my next project - the street fixie.

I now have a frame...

hippy

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Not too late to take up the offer of a free bonus cat with said frame. :D

D'ya reckon the cat would hang around if I took him (her?) all
the way to <cue shamisen player> the far east?

hippy
- meow!

Originally posted by hippy
D'ya reckon the cat would hang around if I took him (her?) all
the way to <cue shamisen player> the far east?

hippy
- meow!

Dunno, he's a amicable little bugger (is 7.5kg small?). He's bit of a Cat About Town, friends with practically half the street. Nice cat, thought he would match the frame when it's built up. Put a postal rack on the back? Just attempting find him a good home.:p

Originally posted by Rickster
byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Drs wrote:
> > "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:YeBqc.-4.usenetserver.comnews:[email protected]
> > etserver.com [...]
> > > 8) Be a deviant when the cops arent looking and a
> > > model citizen when they are. Traffic lights are
> > > for cars, not bikes (oh oh, i might have started
> > > something here!)
> > That's exactly the sort of antisocial behaviour that
> > causes the rest of us so much grief because we cop the
> > backlash.
>

> mmmmm..... i dont know about that. I dont make any excuses
> for what i did when i was a courier and i know i
> broke the law. There are reasons for what i did and
> if you like i can go through them all. Essentially
> the faster i cut through the city the more coin i
> made.

well thank goodness every single road user does not adpat
the philosophy of lawlessness for the "more coin".

[crock of **** and made excues after you said I dont make
excuses snipped]

Once more for the benefit of rickster....

Firstly, if you take my above "statement" as an excuse, you are interpreting in a way not intended. If you want to interpret things in a way which just confirms your own arguments or statements, good luck for you, and good luck in life trying to understand different points of view. I stated why i did why i did. Defined, an excuse is "To explain in the hope of being forgiven or understood". Im explaining to let you know, i dont care for the forgiveness of someone like you.

Secondly, i find it rather mischevious for people to pick and choose what parts of a post they choose to refute or criticise. This isnt TV where you can choose a sound bites and utilise them to back up your "argument". If you want to face up to me in a discussion/argument then do it face on and dont slink around picking and choosing statements and slagging me off. Either utilise you intellect and maturity to have a "real" discussion or go to "critical thought and argument 101" and learn, because i assure you i have.

Finally, if you have ever taped a show off TV, drunk alcohol in public, or EVER broken the law on your bike, then you have no place in playing the part of the law-abiding citizen telling me what i am doing wrong. I will refrain from utilising the H word as im aassuming this may become apparent to you and we can have a *real* discussion instead of the utilisation of slippery slope arguments to prove yourself.

good luck!

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Dunno, he's a amicable little bugger (is 7.5kg small?). He's bit of a Cat About Town, friends with practically half the street. Nice cat, thought he would match the frame when it's built up. Put a postal rack on the back? Just attempting find him a good home.:p

I'm a big boy.. I can handle him! :)
Like I said, he seemed VERY friendly for a stray..
Mmm.. black bikes...
Postal rack? I don't geddit. :S

I was thinking of naming it "Undie Soiler" in honour of the frame's
father/saviour and in reference to what might tend to happen whilst riding a fixed gear bike in traffic.. is this too tasteless?
Would Mr. Soiler take offence? I think it's quite funny personally.. :)

hippy

Roadie_scum wrote:

> Rickster wrote:
<cut some stuff out>
> > Note: Even if there are smaller identifiable 'we's,
> > there's definitely no you and me buddy. Just
> > confriming really that there are morons in all
> > walks of life
>
> I'm not sure who exactly has been 'confrimed' as a moron.
> Perhaps you could explain? Is it bad to be confrimed? How
> is this different to regular friming?
>
> Other words to look up when your done correcting the error
> of your ways with 'A Primer in Reason and Logic': 'ney'
> 'relevent'
>
> --

Um, if you're going to correct the grammar of others,
perhaps you should check your own. When *you're* done
ranting, that is.

See, it doesn't add to a discussion when you get anal, does
it? I've just wasted a post.

Originally posted by Tamyka Bell
Roadie_scum wrote:

> Rickster wrote:
<cut some stuff out>
> > Note: Even if there are smaller identifiable 'we's,
> > there's definitely no you and me buddy. Just
> > confriming really that there are morons in all
> > walks of life
>
> I'm not sure who exactly has been 'confrimed' as a moron.
> Perhaps you could explain? Is it bad to be confrimed? How
> is this different to regular friming?
>
> Other words to look up when your done correcting the error
> of your ways with 'A Primer in Reason and Logic': 'ney'
> 'relevent'
>
> --

Um, if you're going to correct the grammar of others,
perhaps you should check your own. When *you're* done
ranting, that is.

See, it doesn't add to a discussion when you get anal, does
it? I've just wasted a post.

thanks for that insightful observation.

Anything constructive to say?

Originally posted by hippy
I'm a big boy.. I can handle him! :)
Like I said, he seemed VERY friendly for a stray..
Mmm.. black bikes...
Postal rack? I don't geddit. :S

I was thinking of naming it "Undie Soiler" in honour of the frame's
father/saviour and in reference to what might tend to happen whilst riding a fixed gear bike in traffic.. is this too tasteless?
Would Mr. Soiler take offence? I think it's quite funny personally.. :)

hippy

No offence taken, go ahead & use the name.
My handle came about from last years rain spell. I got 3 bikes dirty within 2 weeks.

Bikes are like socks, just change them when they get dirty! ;)

>Originally posted by Bikesoiler
>No offence taken, go ahead & use the name.

Cool, thanks!

>Bikes are like socks, just change them when they get dirty! ;)

Those poor buggers with a 1-bike allowance wouldn't
understand the joys of having a BikeRoom(tm)... :)

On a courier-related note I just received "The immortal Class - Bike Messengers and the Cult of Human Power" by Travis Hugh Culley. Sounds like a book about bike messengers huh? ;-)

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
I was thinking of naming it "Undie Soiler" in honour of the frame's
father/saviour and in reference to what might tend to happen whilst riding a fixed gear bike in traffic.. is this too tasteless?
Would Mr. Soiler take offence? I think it's quite funny personally.. :)

hippy [/B]

"Downunder Soiler" ?

"hippy x 1"

"one-geared-wonder"

"Gearless-Wonder"

"Back-in-black"

"Black, single, GSOH"

byron27 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Rickster wrote: [snip]
>
> Once more for the benefit of rickster....
>
> Firstly, if you take my above "statement" as an excuse,
> you are interpreting in a way not intended. If you want to
> interpret things in a way which just confirms your own
> arguments or statements, good luck for you, and good luck
> in life trying to understand different points of view. I
> stated why i did why i did. Defined, an excuse is "To
> explain in the hope of being forgiven or understood". Im
> explaining to let you know, i dont care for the
> forgiveness of someone like you.
>
> Secondly, i find it rather mischevious for people to pick
> and choose what parts of a post they choose to refute or
> criticise. This isnt TV where you can choose a sound
> bites and utilise them to back up your "argument". If you
> want to face up to me in a discussion/argument then do it
> face on and dont slink around picking and choosing
> statements and slagging me off. Either utilise you
> intellect and maturity to have a "real" discussion or go
> to "critical thought and argument 101" and learn, because
> i assure you i have.

These are just generic comments. They really don't mean
anything and can be applied by anyone to any debate. Here's
some more: You use reasoning and logic to explain your
point. Unfortunately your reasoning does not incorporate
action and consequence, as in you pay no regard to the
consequence of your action upon anyone but your self.

You can apply that comment, which is lifted from my first
year philosphy text, to anyone "explaining" any action of
theirs which is against the law, and was in the "Crime,
consequence and punishment" section.

> Finally, if you have ever taped a show off TV, drunk
> alcohol in public, or EVER broken the law on your bike,
> then you have no place in playing the part of the law-
> abiding citizen telling me what i am doing wrong. I will
> refrain from utilising the H word as im aassuming this may
> become apparent to you and we can have a *real* discussion
> instead of the utilisation of slippery slope arguments to
> prove yourself.

That is ridiculous, under this comment no individual can
critise another for breaking any law, unless that individual
has never broken any laws. That person does not exist. Now
you can reply with a bit more generic rubbish which I'll
ignore, 'cos really, why bother.......

That is ridiculous, under this comment no individual can
critise another for breaking any law, unless that individual
has never broken any laws. That person does not exist.

That person does exist, just not in your world. Its a concept called "minding your own business".

you can reply with a bit more generic rubbish which I'll
ignore, 'cos really, why bother....... [/B]

indeed, the question could also be asked why your parents bothered....

>Originally posted by R
>Quick google search, couple of reviews and came up with
>(supposedly better) Nerves of Steel.
>http://www.iplayoutside.com/Articles/2001/03/29-Nerves.html

Cheers!

I tried to order this one already, but it appears to be VERY
limited and would cost something insane like $250 to buy.

The Lambchop's website is down:
http://www.lambchopnervesofsteel.com/
but it appears the other site selling it is up and running.. SUPER!

I've recently got hold of:
- Under the Steel Wheels DVD (Thanks: www.urbanbicyclist.org)
- Breaking Away DVD (Amazon)
- American Flyers DVD (Amazon)
- The Immortal Class book by Travis Hugh Culley (Amazon)

I've ordered:
- Quicksilver DVD (Amazon)
- 2 Seconds DVD (Amazon)
- a Miche track group set (Croydon Cycleworks)
- 25.6mm seatpost (bikesoiler.. the seattube was flared a bit)

I'm waiting for release of:
- Red Light Go DVD
- Pedal DVD
- Critical Mass DVD

I'm investigating:
- http://www.daveshields.com/TheRaceSynopsis.html

hippy

I remember going to see "Breaking Away" back when it came
out. "Don't wanna go to college dad".

Quicksilver? Doesn't that have Kevin Bacon? Couple of my
courier pushie mates quote the movie as their main
motivation.