Bikes on trains- Ireland

Robert Norton

Guest
Any Irish bikers (Garry from Cork, maybe?) able to tell me the present
position of carriage of bikes on Intercity in Ireland. Some have facilities,
some dont. I dont know which. Thanks.
Irish Rail's website is vague/ evasive but significantly offers details of
bike hire places at destinations!
Rob Norton

Robert Norton wrote:
> Any Irish bikers (Garry from Cork, maybe?) able to tell me the present
> position of carriage of bikes on Intercity in Ireland. Some have
> facilities, some dont. I dont know which. Thanks.
> Irish Rail's website is vague/ evasive but significantly offers
> details of bike hire places at destinations

I have a feeling that the latter is the solution to some new train stock
which was ordered without cycle spaces. The CTC (UK) email mentioned it a
few weeks ago.

Yes, you need local information which I cannot supply.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/