Bill Baka is a Diamond in the Rough!

Edward Dolan

Guest
I do not think others on this newsgroup fully appreciate Bill Baka. He is a
diamond in the rough.

I have known his type in a former life when I was young and full of beans.
He is super strong, brave and good. I used to like to attach myself to types
like him when I was in the Navy because I am basically a wimp and over
intellectualized. His type always seemed to like my type too. Apparently, it
is all about yin and yang.

Bill Baka will say the most outrageous things, but his candidness comes
through strong as well as his basic honesty. I have decided not to take him
to task for his liberalism as he is not all that far wrong on that either.
In fact, I have decided to ally myself with him whether he likes it or not.
He posts consistently interesting messages to RBM and that is all that
matters to me. We should all strive to be as honest and open as him.

I frankly do not have the slightest idea what newsgroups are all about. To
stay on-topic forever is a form of death. I like to get off-topic as much as
possible and I note that Bill Baka will field whatever proposition is put to
him. This marks him as an intellectual in my world. We should all of us
appreciate Bill Baka more than we do. After all, a newsgroup that just goes
on and one forever on cycling topics is a fate worse than death.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

More like a lump of whatever coal was before it became coal.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> I do not think others on this newsgroup fully appreciate Bill Baka. He is a
> diamond in the rough.
>
> I have known his type in a former life when I was young and full of beans.
> He is super strong, brave and good. I used to like to attach myself to types
> like him when I was in the Navy because I am basically a wimp and over
> intellectualized. His type always seemed to like my type too. Apparently, it
> is all about yin and yang.
>
> Bill Baka will say the most outrageous things, but his candidness comes
> through strong as well as his basic honesty. I have decided not to take him
> to task for his liberalism as he is not all that far wrong on that either.
> In fact, I have decided to ally myself with him whether he likes it or not.
> He posts consistently interesting messages to RBM and that is all that
> matters to me. We should all strive to be as honest and open as him.
>
> I frankly do not have the slightest idea what newsgroups are all about. To
> stay on-topic forever is a form of death. I like to get off-topic as much as
> possible and I note that Bill Baka will field whatever proposition is put to
> him. This marks him as an intellectual in my world. We should all of us
> appreciate Bill Baka more than we do. After all, a newsgroup that just goes
> on and one forever on cycling topics is a fate worse than death.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Ummm,
Thanks, I think.
Bill Baka

R Brickston wrote:
> More like a lump of whatever coal was before it became coal.

Brickston, you are plonked, Dolan I will let in for a while, but you are
hopelessly stupid so I am not wasting any more time reading or
responding. I have a life and it will not include you.
Bye now.......Plonk.
Bill Baka

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> I do not think others on this newsgroup fully appreciate Bill Baka. He is
>> a diamond in the rough.
>>
>> I have known his type in a former life when I was young and full of
>> beans. He is super strong, brave and good. I used to like to attach
>> myself to types like him when I was in the Navy because I am basically a
>> wimp and over intellectualized. His type always seemed to like my type
>> too. Apparently, it is all about yin and yang.
>>
>> Bill Baka will say the most outrageous things, but his candidness comes
>> through strong as well as his basic honesty. I have decided not to take
>> him to task for his liberalism as he is not all that far wrong on that
>> either. In fact, I have decided to ally myself with him whether he likes
>> it or not. He posts consistently interesting messages to RBM and that is
>> all that matters to me. We should all strive to be as honest and open as
>> him.
>>
>> I frankly do not have the slightest idea what newsgroups are all about.
>> To stay on-topic forever is a form of death. I like to get off-topic as
>> much as possible and I note that Bill Baka will field whatever
>> proposition is put to him. This marks him as an intellectual in my world.
>> We should all of us appreciate Bill Baka more than we do. After all, a
>> newsgroup that just goes on and one forever on cycling topics is a fate
>> worse than death.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>

> Ummm,
> Thanks, I think.
> Bill Baka

Somehow the phrase "Damming with faint praise" comes to mind. It would be
like if my brother's neighbor came and endorsed you for running for Governor
of Illinois. (My brother's neighbor is George Ryan, the now-convicted
former governor of Illinois.)

I think you're a great guy, from what I've seen on the RBM mailing list.

Charles of Schaumburg

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:55:26 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> More like a lump of whatever coal was before it became coal.

>Brickston, you are plonked, Dolan I will let in for a while, but you are
>hopelessly stupid so I am not wasting any more time reading or
>responding. I have a life and it will not include you.
>Bye now.......Plonk.
>Bill Baka

What's the matter, Billy the Bad Ass Baka? Just because you the facts
exposed you to be a chronically insecure liar and wimp doesn't mean
you have to run off and hide (but I hope you do).

>I have a life and it will not include you.

Bwaaaahahahahahahaha.....!!!!!!!!!!!

>Dolan I will let in for a while

Damn you Dolan, you have all the luck.

n5hsr wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> I do not think others on this newsgroup fully appreciate Bill Baka. He is
>>> a diamond in the rough.
>>>
>>> I have known his type in a former life when I was young and full of
>>> beans. He is super strong, brave and good. I used to like to attach
>>> myself to types like him when I was in the Navy because I am basically a
>>> wimp and over intellectualized. His type always seemed to like my type
>>> too. Apparently, it is all about yin and yang.
>>>
>>> Bill Baka will say the most outrageous things, but his candidness comes
>>> through strong as well as his basic honesty. I have decided not to take
>>> him to task for his liberalism as he is not all that far wrong on that
>>> either. In fact, I have decided to ally myself with him whether he likes
>>> it or not. He posts consistently interesting messages to RBM and that is
>>> all that matters to me. We should all strive to be as honest and open as
>>> him.
>>>
>>> I frankly do not have the slightest idea what newsgroups are all about.
>>> To stay on-topic forever is a form of death. I like to get off-topic as
>>> much as possible and I note that Bill Baka will field whatever
>>> proposition is put to him. This marks him as an intellectual in my world.
>>> We should all of us appreciate Bill Baka more than we do. After all, a
>>> newsgroup that just goes on and one forever on cycling topics is a fate
>>> worse than death.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>>> aka
>>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
>>>

>> Ummm,
>> Thanks, I think.
>> Bill Baka

> Somehow the phrase "Damming with faint praise" comes to mind. It would be
> like if my brother's neighbor came and endorsed you for running for Governor
> of Illinois. (My brother's neighbor is George Ryan, the now-convicted
> former governor of Illinois.)
>
> I think you're a great guy, from what I've seen on the RBM mailing list.
>
> Charles of Schaumburg

Well,
Ed Dolan responds to everything and I try to keep it to a lower level of
response, but there are just too many detractors out there too keep it
nice. My initial screw up was estimating my tricycle run at 40 MPH,
later proven by me, in a car on the same hill, to be impossible, since
the car only got to barely touching 25, so that was an improper post.
The other stuff I have done, avoid now, and feel sorry somehow that most
people will never experience the level of Adrenalin / sheer terror, of
some of my exploits. Now I try to keep it real, even if the only
terrible thing I do is an occasional wrong way ride, which seems to be a
hot button among people who have never had to ride with a convoy of
trucks with no bike lane of speed limit.
I live differently and count on never seeing the inside of a
'retirement' home.
I am what I am, an over the hill (57 is over the hill?) big kid rider.
Bill Baka

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:29:14 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
wrote:

>n5hsr wrote:
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ummm,
>>> Thanks, I think.
>>> Bill Baka

>> Somehow the phrase "Damming with faint praise" comes to mind. It would be
>> like if my brother's neighbor came and endorsed you for running for Governor
>> of Illinois. (My brother's neighbor is George Ryan, the now-convicted
>> former governor of Illinois.)
>>
>> I think you're a great guy, from what I've seen on the RBM mailing list.
>>
>> Charles of Schaumburg
>>

>Well,
>Ed Dolan responds to everything and I try to keep it to a lower level of
>response, but there are just too many detractors out there too keep it
>nice. My initial screw up was estimating my tricycle run at 40 MPH,
>later proven by me, in a car on the same hill, to be impossible, since
>the car only got to barely touching 25, so that was an improper post.
>The other stuff I have done, avoid now, and feel sorry somehow that most
>people will never experience the level of Adrenalin / sheer terror, of
>some of my exploits. Now I try to keep it real, even if the only
>terrible thing I do is an occasional wrong way ride, which seems to be a
>hot button among people who have never had to ride with a convoy of
>trucks with no bike lane of speed limit.
>I live differently and count on never seeing the inside of a
>'retirement' home.
>I am what I am, an over the hill (57 is over the hill?) big kid rider.
>Bill Baka

>40 MPH

You claimed 50 MPH.

Your exploits are ****. Reason 1. Unprovable; Reason 2. Facts don't
agree with the claims; Reason 3. No none gives a ****.

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> n5hsr wrote:
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ummm,
>>> Thanks, I think.
>>> Bill Baka

>> Somehow the phrase "Damming with faint praise" comes to mind. It would
>> be like if my brother's neighbor came and endorsed you for running for
>> Governor of Illinois. (My brother's neighbor is George Ryan, the
>> now-convicted former governor of Illinois.)
>>
>> I think you're a great guy, from what I've seen on the RBM mailing list.
>>
>> Charles of Schaumburg

> Well,
> Ed Dolan responds to everything and I try to keep it to a lower level of
> response, but there are just too many detractors out there too keep it
> nice. My initial screw up was estimating my tricycle run at 40 MPH, later
> proven by me, in a car on the same hill, to be impossible, since the car
> only got to barely touching 25, so that was an improper post.
> The other stuff I have done, avoid now, and feel sorry somehow that most
> people will never experience the level of Adrenalin / sheer terror, of
> some of my exploits. Now I try to keep it real, even if the only terrible
> thing I do is an occasional wrong way ride, which seems to be a hot button
> among people who have never had to ride with a convoy of trucks with no
> bike lane of speed limit.
> I live differently and count on never seeing the inside of a 'retirement'
> home.
> I am what I am, an over the hill (57 is over the hill?) big kid rider.
> Bill Baka

Well I held the record for our little neighborhood track for nearly 2 years
when I was in high school. Finally, the last month I lived there, the other
kids finally figured out how I was getting an average of 9 mph, when they
could only make 6+ (Yes, it was a tiny little oval . . . .) And that was
on a Schwinn Racer 19" frame with S-6 26 + 1 3/8 tires. They finally
learned the laws of physics. I guess I'm over the hill now, too, at 48.

He who is a lilberal at 20 has no heart.
He who is not a conservative at 40 has no head.

- Winston Churchill.

Charles of Schaumburg

n5hsr wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I live differently and count on never seeing the inside of a 'retirement'
>> home.
>> I am what I am, an over the hill (57 is over the hill?) big kid rider.
>> Bill Baka

> Well I held the record for our little neighborhood track for nearly 2 years
> when I was in high school. Finally, the last month I lived there, the other
> kids finally figured out how I was getting an average of 9 mph, when they
> could only make 6+ (Yes, it was a tiny little oval . . . .) And that was
> on a Schwinn Racer 19" frame with S-6 26 + 1 3/8 tires. They finally
> learned the laws of physics. I guess I'm over the hill now, too, at 48.
>
> He who is a lilberal at 20 has no heart.
> He who is not a conservative at 40 has no head.
>
> - Winston Churchill.

Churchill had it right from what I am seeing.

> Charles of Schaumburg

On the high school front we never had any bike events, but I could
outrun any kid in the school for long distance. The taller kids had an
obvious long legged sprint advantage but I was the long distance king.
One of the reasons my gym coach hated me was that he would make the
class run laps as punishment for some imaginary infraction and I would
lead the class RUNNING BACKWARDS. He just couldn't stand that I could
mock anything he could throw at us. I stunk at basketball and still do
but give me a baseball and bat and it was home run time. I used to love
soccer in Illinois but they didn't even have it when I came to
California. I can still play it with the high school age kids but it is
rare to see kids do any organized sports after school these days.
"The times, they are a changin'". Was that a Bob Dylan line?
Whoever said it was right on.
Bill Baka

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:52:49 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
wrote:

>n5hsr wrote:
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> I live differently and count on never seeing the inside of a 'retirement'
>>> home.
>>> I am what I am, an over the hill (57 is over the hill?) big kid rider.
>>> Bill Baka

>> Well I held the record for our little neighborhood track for nearly 2 years
>> when I was in high school. Finally, the last month I lived there, the other
>> kids finally figured out how I was getting an average of 9 mph, when they
>> could only make 6+ (Yes, it was a tiny little oval . . . .) And that was
>> on a Schwinn Racer 19" frame with S-6 26 + 1 3/8 tires. They finally
>> learned the laws of physics. I guess I'm over the hill now, too, at 48.
>>
>> He who is a lilberal at 20 has no heart.
>> He who is not a conservative at 40 has no head.
>>
>> - Winston Churchill.

>Churchill had it right from what I am seeing.
>>
>> Charles of Schaumburg
>>

>On the high school front we never had any bike events, but I could
>outrun any kid in the school for long distance. The taller kids had an
>obvious long legged sprint advantage but I was the long distance king.
>One of the reasons my gym coach hated me was that he would make the
>class run laps as punishment for some imaginary infraction and I would
>lead the class RUNNING BACKWARDS. He just couldn't stand that I could
>mock anything he could throw at us. I stunk at basketball and still do
>but give me a baseball and bat and it was home run time. I used to love
>soccer in Illinois but they didn't even have it when I came to
>California. I can still play it with the high school age kids but it is
>rare to see kids do any organized sports after school these days.
>"The times, they are a changin'". Was that a Bob Dylan line?
>Whoever said it was right on.
>Bill Baka

>my gym coach hated me

Yet /another/ authority figure that somehow has it in for Superior
Bill. You were the high scoring Army IQ testee and the Sargent had it
in for you. The cops had it in for you. The list goes on. You got a
problem Baka and the biggest one is that none of your postings about
your "illustrious" past contain ANY truth.

And the gym coach arbitraily flunked you? ******** on both accounts.

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> n5hsr wrote:
>>

> On the high school front we never had any bike events, but I could outrun
> any kid in the school for long distance. The taller kids had an obvious
> long legged sprint advantage but I was the long distance king.
> One of the reasons my gym coach hated me was that he would make the class
> run laps as punishment for some imaginary infraction and I would lead the
> class RUNNING BACKWARDS.

> Bill Baka

Next it will be running backwards with one leg tied behind your back.

R Brickston wrote: Correction, scribbled semi-literately.
>> On the high school front we never had any bike events, but I could
>> outrun any kid in the school for long distance. The taller kids had an
>> obvious long legged sprint advantage but I was the long distance king.
>> One of the reasons my gym coach hated me was that he would make the
>> class run laps as punishment for some imaginary infraction and I would
>> lead the class RUNNING BACKWARDS. He just couldn't stand that I could
>> mock anything he could throw at us. I stunk at basketball and still do
>> but give me a baseball and bat and it was home run time. I used to love
>> soccer in Illinois but they didn't even have it when I came to
>> California. I can still play it with the high school age kids but it is
>> rare to see kids do any organized sports after school these days.
>> "The times, they are a changin'". Was that a Bob Dylan line?
>> Whoever said it was right on.
>> Bill Baka

>> my gym coach hated me

> Yet /another/ authority figure that somehow has it in for Superior
> Bill. You were the high scoring Army IQ testee and the Sargent had it
> in for you.

The Sergeant was a good soldier with a nice low I.Q. who you could order
into a suicide mission and he would not know the difference.

The cops had it in for you.

As I have mentioned here before, the Santa Clara 'city' police are as
bad as it gets. The county sheriffs are some pretty nice guys and even
they hate the city cops.

The list goes on. You got a
> problem Baka and the biggest one is that none of your postings about
> your "illustrious" past contain ANY truth.

You are just an inferior coward who probably looks 5 times before using
a cross walk even with a green light. Some of my illustrious past is a
matter of police record (when I did get caught), the rest I know what
happened and don't care what a wart on a gnat's ass like you thinks
about it. It does seem to overload your limited Neural abilities though,
doesn't it?

>> I would lead the class RUNNING BACKWARDS.

> And the gym coach arbitraily flunked you?

Yep.
He was an ex-Oakland raider quarterback by the name of Dave Jones and
was a pretty good overall Gym teacher but he could not get me to call
"Uncle" so instead he hated me to the point of flunking me, knowing that
I needed his lousy 5 credit class to graduate. That is partly my fault
since I never took any extra credit classes to put my credits over the top.

******** on both accounts.

Grow a brain, grow up, then drop dead.
Please.
Bill (still fit) Baka

Bill (still full of ****) Baka

di wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> n5hsr wrote:
>> On the high school front we never had any bike events, but I could outrun
>> any kid in the school for long distance. The taller kids had an obvious
>> long legged sprint advantage but I was the long distance king.
>> One of the reasons my gym coach hated me was that he would make the class
>> run laps as punishment for some imaginary infraction and I would lead the
>> class RUNNING BACKWARDS.

>> Bill Baka

> Next it will be running backwards with one leg tied behind your back.

No.
I did once 'skip' the whole lap just to be different and got some of the
other guys to do it too, just for the look on the coaches face. My whole
reason for going to Gym class was to ruin his day. I didn't need the
class since I rode my bike to school and did mountain climb rides when I
didn't drive my car to look for girls.
I managed to keep 'some' balance between car and bike back then.
You are never going to hear about my high school car exploits unless I
can find some of my old buddies who were involved in the insanity, and
there was a lot of 'unconventional' driving involved.
Bill (going shopping for computer goodies now, in car with A/C) Baka

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:41:41 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>> And the gym coach arbitraily flunked you?

>> Yep.
>> He was an ex-Oakland raider quarterback by the name of Dave Jones and
>> was a pretty good overall Gym teacher but he could not get me to call
>> "Uncle" so instead he hated me to the point of flunking me, knowing that
>> I needed his lousy 5 credit class to graduate. That is partly my fault
>> since I never took any extra credit classes to put my credits over the top.
>>
>> ******** on both accounts.
>>
>> Grow a brain, grow up, then drop dead.
>> Please.
>> Bill (still fit) Baka

> Bill (still full of ****) Baka

I never thought I would say this but I am un-kill filing Ed Dolan and
you can take his place as the only occupant.
You are not worth my time or the bandwidth you waste on this group.
Bye now, errr, forever.
Bill

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:41:41 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
wrote:

<snip>

>Yep.
>He was an ex-Oakland raider quarterback by the name of Dave Jones and
>was a pretty good overall Gym teacher but he could not get me to call
>"Uncle" so instead he hated me to the point of flunking me, knowing that
>I needed his lousy 5 credit class to graduate. That is partly my fault
>since I never took any extra credit classes to put my credits over the top.
>
>******** on both accounts.
>
>Grow a brain, grow up, then drop dead.
>Please.
>Bill (still full of ****) Baka

What an idiot!

The only Oakland Raider named Dave Jones played TE in 1992. Further,
there has never been an Oakland Raider named Jones that played QB.

http://raiders.com/history/alltime_roster_j.jsp

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:41:41 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Yep.
>> He was an ex-Oakland raider quarterback by the name of Dave Jones and
>> was a pretty good overall Gym teacher but he could not get me to call
>> "Uncle" so instead he hated me to the point of flunking me, knowing
>> that
>> I needed his lousy 5 credit class to graduate. That is partly my
>> fault since I never took any extra credit classes to put my credits
>> over the top.
>>
>> ******** on both accounts.
>>
>> Grow a brain, grow up, then drop dead.
>> Please.
>> Bill (still full of ****) Baka

> What an idiot!
>
> The only Oakland Raider named Dave Jones played TE in 1992. Further,
> there has never been an Oakland Raider named Jones that played QB.
>
> http://raiders.com/history/alltime_roster_j.jsp

Did Bill say Oakland Raider? He meant Monkee: http://www.davyjones.net/

>>> Bill (still full of ****) Baka

>> What an idiot!
>>
>> The only Oakland Raider named Dave Jones played TE in 1992. Further,
>> there has never been an Oakland Raider named Jones that played QB.
>>
>> http://raiders.com/history/alltime_roster_j.jsp

>Did Bill say Oakland Raider? He meant Monkee: http://www.davyjones.net/

I bet that the truth is that Davy Jones, the Monkee, could kick Bill's
ass.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:41:41 GMT, Bill <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Yep.
>> He was an ex-Oakland raider quarterback by the name of Dave Jones and
>> was a pretty good overall Gym teacher but he could not get me to call
>> "Uncle" so instead he hated me to the point of flunking me, knowing that
>> I needed his lousy 5 credit class to graduate. That is partly my fault
>> since I never took any extra credit classes to put my credits over the top.
>>
>> ******** on both accounts.
>>
>> Grow a brain, grow up, then drop dead.
>> Please.
>> Bill (still full of ****) Baka

> What an idiot!
>
> The only Oakland Raider named Dave Jones played TE in 1992. Further,
> there has never been an Oakland Raider named Jones that played QB.
>
> http://raiders.com/history/alltime_roster_j.jsp

He claimed, so maybe he was a bench warmer. I never saw his credentials
so maybe he was blowing smoke up our collective asses. The damned raider
site does not have a search engine for quarterbacks that I can find
easily. I may have to find who (name or alias) was the coach for
1965-1966. Then again, since I have been setting up a wireless network
for my laptop toting daughter most of the afternoon, this can wait.
This newsgroup already has a few assholes, then you come along.

As to my bicycle activities today, there were none since it hit 108 here
today and I am not suicidally bicycle addicted. I will however be going
out tomorrow in full Fred regalia, including baskets on the rear
containing an ice chest on the left and a gallon sized thermos on the
right, good for hot stew on the go.
Add 3 water bottles of Orange Juice and I should be good to go for a
toasty sunburn tomorrow. I have to try out my new polarized,
UV-everything proof sunglasses so I can give am eye protection report.
These are called "Solar shield" and fit over regular glasses even with
the clip on shades I already use. Double dark should be about right for
my night time oriented eyes.
I won't lose sleep over an idiot, Brickston, and you know which idiot.
Bill Baka