Bode Miller: Lance doped

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was probably drunk. I hate Bode Miller. He has a myspace for goodness sake.

He was probably drunk. I hate Bode Miller. He has a myspace for goodness sake.

friedmikey said:
What makes you think those comments would get him kicked off the team?
Unfounded, mere speculation.

I think there are clauses in the USOC stuff having to do with representing the country, image, personal conduct and demeanor...I think although I am not sure.
I dont think he will get booted, but I would guess SOMETHING is going on with Mr Miller. Most skiers are fine tuning their performances, not taking time off and golfing with their brothers. He appears to be spiralling out of control.
He can say what he will, and Lance is not a gold medalist, but he is a former fellow Olympic athlete from your own country Bode, and you dont go around accusing fellow athletes without proof ar reason.
It was a completely gratuitous comment, right?

friedmikey said:
What makes you think those comments would get him kicked off the team?
Unfounded, mere speculation.

I think there are clauses in the USOC stuff having to do with representing the country, image, personal conduct and demeanor...I think although I am not sure.
I dont think he will get booted, but I would guess SOMETHING is going on with Mr Miller. Most skiers are fine tuning their performances, not taking time off and golfing with their brothers. He appears to be spiralling out of control.
He can say what he will, and Lance is not a gold medalist, but he is a former fellow Olympic athlete from your own country Bode, and you dont go around accusing fellow athletes without proof ar reason.
It was a completely gratuitous comment, right?

I agree that it's a comment he should not have made, unless he has personally witnessed the doping he speaks of, or has other conclusive proof. Otherwise, he's just going off the same speculation, hearsay, and rumors that the rest of us have access to. The average Joe or an editorial can say what they want based on this speculation, but you're right, he's agreed to represent the US, and as such, a higher level of decorum should be expected.

That said, I think his place on the team is secure. The worst he'll face is a little finger-wagging.

I agree that it's a comment he should not have made, unless he has personally witnessed the doping he speaks of, or has other conclusive proof. Otherwise, he's just going off the same speculation, hearsay, and rumors that the rest of us have access to. The average Joe or an editorial can say what they want based on this speculation, but you're right, he's agreed to represent the US, and as such, a higher level of decorum should be expected.

That said, I think his place on the team is secure. The worst he'll face is a little finger-wagging.

i hope he gets kicked off the team, and if he doesn't i hope he breaks every bone in his body on national tv and everyone laughs at his stupid drunk self. That would be funny if he tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. god i had this drunk mediocre piece of ****

i hope he gets kicked off the team, and if he doesn't i hope he breaks every bone in his body on national tv and everyone laughs at his stupid drunk self. That would be funny if he tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. god i had this drunk mediocre piece of ****

lancer_dancer01 said:

Wow.
I sense a lot of anger.
Have you considered therapy?

lancer_dancer01 said:

Wow.
I sense a lot of anger.
Have you considered therapy?

lancer_dancer01 said:
Umm, right. In what way is Bode Miller mediocre? He has a problem with alcohol but he is one of the best alpine skiers around at the moment. I mean he did win the overall world cup last year. Hence he won't be kicked of the team, he's too good. Might be a good ploy to get him back to get him of the booze though.

I'm just waiting for Lances lawyers to announce he is suing.

The funny thing about what he had to say is that Lance's just accepted pills from his doctors without knowing what they are...... Could you ever imagine Lance taking pills and not know what they are for ? Lance knew every drug he took and the levels he took....

Eldrack said:
Umm, right. In what way is Bode Miller mediocre? He has a problem with alcohol but he is one of the best alpine skiers around at the moment. I mean he did win the overall world cup last year. Hence he won't be kicked of the team, he's too good. Might be a good ploy to get him back to get him of the booze though.

I'm just waiting for Lances lawyers to announce he is suing.

Status
Not open for further replies.