Broken Bottom Bracket

mexer

Jun 15, 2010
Hello. This is my first post here, I'm a U-23 Spanish rider, and as this is probably the biggest cycling forum on internet, I hope someone can help me.
I bought a mixed groupset Sram Red + Rossetti (all from Sram but cranckset, calippers and bottom bracket) and I've been happy about system, no problems at all.
But around a week ago, after 7000km more or less, I started to hear a sound from Bottom Bracket. I went to the mechanic and he told me it was broken, so I must replace the BB.
Problem is he can't find a compatible one with my crankset (I use Rossetti crankset ALU version and Rossetti Ceramic BB)
I've an important race in 12 days, so I've no time to buy a Rossetti BB from USA as I live in Spain.
As it's not possible to buy Rossetti here, I would like to know if you can tell me other BB compatible with Rossetti crankset in the common market, or what specifications I should consider to know if it's compatible or not (as I'm not really expert on mechanic).
Thank you, and sorry for my English.
I show you the cranckset and bottom bracket im currently using:
BB: ROSSETTI BIKE - Ceramic BB RED (Powered by CubeCart)
CS: ROSSETTI BIKE - Carbon Road Crank (Powered by CubeCart) (mine is ALU instead of carbon)

Bye;)

Either of these should work:

Bottom Brackets

If you can afford it, the SABB is the better of the two. You are able to replace the ceramic bearings, if needed and it's self adjusting for slight BB shell facing problems.

mexer said:
Hello. This is my first post here, I'm a U-23 Spanish rider, and as this is probably the biggest cycling forum on internet, I hope someone can help me.
I bought a mixed groupset Sram Red + Rossetti (all from Sram but cranckset, calippers and bottom bracket) and I've been happy about system, no problems at all.
But around a week ago, after 7000km more or less, I started to hear a sound from Bottom Bracket. I went to the mechanic and he told me it was broken, so I must replace the BB.
Problem is he can't find a compatible one with my crankset (I use Rossetti crankset ALU version and Rossetti Ceramic BB)
I've an important race in 12 days, so I've no time to buy a Rossetti BB from USA as I live in Spain.
As it's not possible to buy Rossetti here, I would like to know if you can tell me other BB compatible with Rossetti crankset in the common market, or what specifications I should consider to know if it's compatible or not (as I'm not really expert on mechanic).
Thank you, and sorry for my English.
I show you the cranckset and bottom bracket im currently using:
BB: ROSSETTI BIKE - Ceramic BB RED (Powered by CubeCart)
CS: ROSSETTI BIKE - Carbon Road Crank (Powered by CubeCart) (mine is ALU instead of carbon)

Bye;)

It says under the BB link it is 'shimano 10s' compatible so just get a 7900 or 6700 BB. Don't waste your money on ceramic. Expensive, less reliable(as you found out), offer no performance advantage, marketing.

What Peter said. Just about any LBS should have the Dura Ace or Ultegra bottom bracket.

don't forget to find out if your BB is italian thread or british thread

mexer said:
Did one-or-more of the ceramic balls actually fracture? Did your "mechanic" actually check the cartridges OR is s/he just telling you that it's "broken"?

If a visual check was not actually made AND/OR if there are no fractured bearings then you can flush the cartridge out & relube it to eliminate what I presume is a gritting feeling that you are experiencing ...

BTW. You can buy replacement cartrige bearings (steel or ceramic) which should fit in the cups.