Bung for 1" Tifosi CKF8 forks?

Pete Biggs

Guest
These forks have a thick-walled alloy steerer - internal diameter is 19.8mm.

I can just about force a TA expander in there but it doesn't seem to work
well anyway. I'd like a better one, and don't want to use a star nut. Any
recommendations for a good one that definitely fits this size tube?

Already tried a Woodman, FSA and Reynolds - none fits.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:
> These forks have a thick-walled alloy steerer - internal diameter is
> 19.8mm.
> I can just about force a TA expander in there but it doesn't seem to
> work well anyway. I'd like a better one, and don't want to use a
> star nut. Any recommendations for a good one that definitely fits
> this size tube?
> Already tried a Woodman, FSA and Reynolds - none fits.

Find one which is a tad oversize. Ideally made from aluminium or delrin or
other material which is easy to machine.
Find friend with lathe.
Pay friend a few beers (or equivalent).
Job done.

Unfortunately life is rather hectic at the moment, otherwise I'd offer.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

> Find one which is a tad oversize. Ideally made from aluminium or
> delrin or other material which is easy to machine.
> Find friend with lathe.
> Pay friend a few beers (or equivalent).
> Job done.
>
> Unfortunately life is rather hectic at the moment, otherwise I'd
> offer.

Cheers for the idea anyway!

~PB

Problem now solved. The TA bung is working fine now I've worked out how to
use it! It's a two-stage type where the base should be inserted and
tightened first.

~PB