Tifosi CK7

Malcolm

Guest
Hello,

Has anyone tried or own etc. a Tifosi CK7 Audax/Training
bike ? If so, what are your views ?

Thanks,

Malc

Malcolm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried or own etc. a Tifosi CK7 Audax/Training
> bike ? If so, what are your views ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Malc

Malcolm,

I bought one of these at the end of April, with Veloce 10sp
groupset. I'm very pleased with it - had no problems at
all. I've got it set up for fairly relaxed riding (28c
wheels, relatively high handlebar position etc) and I don't
have the legs and/or inclination to go fast, so I can't
tell you much about that aspect, but I'm still very pleased
with the bike itself.

David

"Malcolm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried or own etc. a Tifosi CK7 Audax/Training
> bike ? If so,
what
> are your views ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Malc

Hello Malcolm,

I am sitting not five feet from a CK7, so I thought I might
just be qualified to answer your query. I commute 22 miles
round trip per day and have done so for over 3 years now.
Previously I had a steel Dawes Audax frame fitted with
mostly Campag Veloce bits. When that bike was written off, I
asked the man at the LBS for something similar to replace
it. He recommended the Tifosi CK7 as being the nearest
equivalent to what I had. The major difference being the
aluminium alloy frame.

We have now done 1117 miles together with no problems. It is
lighter and more manoeuverable than the Dawes though this
may be due in part to the 25cm Vredestein tyres which I am
now using as compared with the 28cm armour plated Conti 2000
tyres which I used to have on the Dawes.

The Veloce 9 speed kit is as silky smooth as ever (I
specified 9 speed deliberately because I still have some
spare parts left over from the Dawes) and braking with the
Shimano long drop calipers is reassuringly positive.

Most of what you need will come with the bike, including
dead cool carbon fibre forks, but you will need to add
pedals and luggage carrier (if required). The frame has braze-
ons for a standard rack.

The wheels are still true in spite of being asked to
negotiate the set of interlinked shell holes the pass for
roads in Surrey.

As a commuting bike I like it. I haven't tried anything
longer than 11 miles yet, but I see no reason why it would
not give a comfortable ride.

I have not yet put a description of the Tifosi on my
website, but I intend to do so soon. Keep your eye on
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton.

Terry Duckmanton

Thanks for the replies - the CK7 sounds a good buy. I am
tempted by the carbon forks as well and the choice of bits !

I expect the frame quality is pretty good - neat
welding etc.

news:[email protected]...

Malcolm wrote:
> Thanks for the replies - the CK7 sounds a good buy. I
> am tempted by the carbon forks as well and the choice
> of bits !
>
> I expect the frame quality is pretty good - neat
> welding etc.
>
> Malc

Being a lazy bugger at heart (ask my wife about garage
windows) I have never got the hang of doing things inna
instant stylee like wot some people do. So, having
owned a Tifosi CK7 since Easter I have finally got
round to a) Sorting out the insurance and b) Putting
somthing on the Interweb.

The Tifosi page is nowhere near finished yet, but I have
thrown together a set of photos which shows what a Tifosi
looks like 1,000 miles down the road and needing a wash. I
will get a better set of pictures done real soon (I believe
Guy has a tuit which I will try and borrow) but for now you
are stuck with hand held, bad light, cheap camera pics.

You can get there directly with the following link;
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton/tifosi.htm or
from a link on the index page. (See my sig.)

--
Terry Duckmanton.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton A website
mostly dedicated to cycling

Fraggle wrote:
> Terry D <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<XGjIc.1283$U25.702@newsfe6-
> win.ntli.net>... <snipped>
>
>>You can get there directly with the following link;
>>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton/tifosi.htm
>>or from a link on the index page. (See my sig.)
>

> Would there be any problem trailing a BoB(or similar)
> trailer behind a bike of this style?
>
> Fragg

Never having used a trailer of any kind (yet), I don't
really know that much about them. From the BOB website, it
appears that the trailer is attached to a special QR skewer
in some way. it is not clear from the photos how this
attachment is made.

I have just been down to the garage to have a look at the
relevant area on my bike. I have a pannier rack fitted which
could just interfere with a trailer, it depends on how much
room is needed between the arm of the trailer and the seat
stays. Of course, if you are _only_ using a trailer then it
is a normal bike with an alloy frame.

I have put some photos on the interweb showing the relevant
area. I'm sorry about the quality, but I can only really get
close focus if I take a laptop and a tripod out to the bike.
I could arrange that if it will help.

The pictures can be found at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton/bob.htm If you
need more detailed measurements or anything, please feel
free to contact me via email. Remember to make the
neccessary adjustments to the published address.

--
Terry Duckmanton.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton A website
mostly dedicated to cycling

In news:[email protected],
Fraggle <[email protected]> typed:
> Terry D <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<XGjIc.1283$U25.702@newsfe6-
> win.ntli.net>... <snipped>
>

>> You can get there directly with the following link;
>> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton/tifosi.htm
>> or from a link on the index page. (See my sig.)
>
> Would there be any problem trailing a BoB(or similar)
> trailer behind a bike of this style?

Not with a BoB, which attaches to a special QR. Other
trailers don't and may well cause problems. Not sure if ones
which attach to the seatstay would be problematic or not.