Bush to be assasinated October 2007 arriving in Chicago during an anti-war rally.

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
LONDON (Reuters) - Channel 4 is courting controversy with what it calls a "shockingly real" drama about the fictional assassination of President George W. Bush.

"Death of a President," shot in the form of a documentary examining the assassination, will use a blend of archival footage and computer-generated special effects to portray Bush in October 2007 arriving in Chicago during an anti-war rally.

In the film, Bush is killed by a sniper, and the investigation quickly focuses on a Syrian-born man. It will air in October on Channel 4's More4 digital channel, as well as at the Toronto Film Festival in September.

"It's a pointed political examination of what the war on terror is doing to the American body politic," said More4 boss Peter Dale at a press conference on Thursday.

Promotional materials described the programme as "a thought-provoking critique of the contemporary U.S. political landscape."

Dale acknowledged that the programme will be controversial, but maintained that it was a sophisticated work meant to spur debate.

"I'm sure there will be people upset by it," he said. "I hope people will see the intention as a good one."

Channel 4, which is publicly owned but funded by advertising, was criticised last week by outgoing ITV Chief Executive Charles Allen for its reliance on reality TV shows and "shock docs". More4's autumn schedule also includes "The Trial of Tony Blair," a satirical programme about the future resignation of the Prime Minister.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/31082006/325/channel-4-air-bush-assassination-drama.html

one can dream....

MountainPro said:
LONDON (Reuters) - Channel 4 is courting controversy with what it calls a "shockingly real" drama about the fictional assassination of President George W. Bush.

"Death of a President," shot in the form of a documentary examining the assassination, will use a blend of archival footage and computer-generated special effects to portray Bush in October 2007 arriving in Chicago during an anti-war rally.

In the film, Bush is killed by a sniper, and the investigation quickly focuses on a Syrian-born man. It will air in October on Channel 4's More4 digital channel, as well as at the Toronto Film Festival in September.

"It's a pointed political examination of what the war on terror is doing to the American body politic," said More4 boss Peter Dale at a press conference on Thursday.

Promotional materials described the programme as "a thought-provoking critique of the contemporary U.S. political landscape."

Dale acknowledged that the programme will be controversial, but maintained that it was a sophisticated work meant to spur debate.

"I'm sure there will be people upset by it," he said. "I hope people will see the intention as a good one."

Channel 4, which is publicly owned but funded by advertising, was criticised last week by outgoing ITV Chief Executive Charles Allen for its reliance on reality TV shows and "shock docs". More4's autumn schedule also includes "The Trial of Tony Blair," a satirical programme about the future resignation of the Prime Minister.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/31082006/325/channel-4-air-bush-assassination-drama.html

one can dream....
This is absurd. Pro, I feel sorry for you.

stevebaby said:
...to watch it over and over again.
and share those special moments with the grandkids..

'and there is that bad mr bush.....ooops and there goes his head...splat'

MountainPro said:

...and there's that nasty mr cheney with the Mannlicher-Carcano,just behind the Grassy Knoll...
:D

MountainPro said:
i shall take that as a compliment...

dude....

open mouth, take foot out, close mouth, stop talking.

This thread hasn't exactly shown your best side....

MountainPro said:

I am still in a state of shock. It is as though you lent your account to booger or wurmy...Where is the real Level Headed Mountain Pro?

Signed,

Concerned poster

I'll bring the single malt!

This will be best seen on widescreen HD & Dolby 7.1, methinks.

Eldron said:
dude....

I think that I have cracked the case....Wurm is none other than...John Hinkley...It all makes sense....his hatred of Republicans, the amount of time he has to pull insane propoganda off the web....He said he was divorced but he could have been talking about Jodie Foster...C'mon Wurmy fess up...you JH aren't you?

2FAST4U said:
I think that I have cracked the case....Wurm is none other than...John Hinkley...It all makes sense....his hatred of Republicans, the amount of time he has to pull insane propoganda off the web....He said he was divorced but he could have been talking about Jodie Foster...C'mon Wurmy fess up...you JH aren't you?

No I am JH ,but have too much class to take part in a thread such as this.

Eldron said:
dude....

i think it shows my true feelings perfectly....

incase you and 2Fast are still alarmed let me point out that the story is a fictional one...

MountainPro said:
i think it shows my true feelings perfectly....

incase you and 2Fast are still alarmed let me point out that the story is a fictional one...

It's one thing to oppose a government/president etc. It's quite another to make it personal by banging on about how you think he'll be gunned down and that you can only dream he'll be killed.

Not cool.

I don't like Bush very much and I hope he'll be out voted at the next election - dreaming he'll be killed is borderline psychotic stuff...

I'd expect that kind of talk from wurmy not you.

Just my view - use it don't use it...

Was anyone ever bothered by images of US soldiers shooting
down Yemenis in "Rules of Engagement",or by US soldiers shooting down Somalis in "Blackhawk Down"?
Public figures are fair game to have details of their lives fictionalised.Hollywood has been doing just that for a long time.
So has "South Park".

Eldron said:
It's one thing to oppose a government/president etc. It's quite another to make it personal by banging on about how you think he'll be gunned down and that you can only dream he'll be killed.

Not cool.

I don't like Bush very much and I hope he'll be out voted at the next election - dreaming he'll be killed is borderline psychotic stuff...

I'd expect that kind of talk from wurmy not you.

Just my view - use it don't use it...
i do not wish the man dead per se. I do believe that the world, inc USA, would be a safer and happier place if the man didnt exist. I for one would not mourn his passing, regardless of the circumstances.

MountainPro said:
i do not wish the man dead per se. I do believe that the world, inc USA, would be a safer and happier place if the man didnt exist. I for one would not mourn his passing, regardless of the circumstances.

Welcome back MountainPro :D

I agree completely - the world would be a better place without Pres. Bush. I can add a whole bunch of names to that list - all politicians!!

Hmm I wonder if we can mak the Governator the Presinator???

Margaret Thatcher.
Why hasn't someone made a film with MT in it? I'm sure the Brandon Lee gun is still around.
There will be one major drawback.The eulogies will be truly sickening.She'll be described as "visionary","determined","courageous" and everyone will ignore the fact that the woman was barking mad and quite evil.
Please God...can someone comp this evil creature some free accommodation in Brighton and notify Al-Qaeda? Or possibly Al-Jazeera could make her an Honorary Reporter and the Americans would do the job.
Best of all...tie her to the railroad tracks and let Thomas the Tank Engine finish her off. Now that's a film I'd really like to see. As a title,I'll suggest "Poetry in Motion".