buying bike - Felt F55 vs Blue RC4 vs ?

wolfpack95

May 23, 2007
Looking at buying a new bike and can't afford the Pinarello Prince yet. Based on LBS availability, here are my choices: Felt, Cannondale, Scott, Trek, Specialized, Giant, Blue

I am 190 lbs so I need something sturdy, comfortable enough to go 50+ miles but fast too. I'm north of Atlanta, GA USA and do some climbing. I would like to spend $2k (maybe up to $2.5k). I would like a full Shimano Ultegra component group or better.

So far, I am looking at the Felt F55 and Blue RC4...with a slight lean to the Felt because I can get Dura-Ace and (I believe) slightly better wheels - Mavic Aksium on the Felt vs Easton Ckt on the Blue. Also, my riding partner has a Blue and it's a very nice bike but I don't know if I can deal with us looking like twins if I get the RC4.
biggrin.gif

Anybody have any feedback? I'm leaning toward these vs the others for various reasons (Trek - expensive and mixes components, Specialized & Giant - don't like the compact frame) but haven't completely ruled any manufacturer yet.

I haven't ridden any yet but plan to before purchasing. I ride a cheap 58" aluminum frame, entry level race bike with Shimano 105s and have been fairly happy until having some bottom bracket issues.