Campy Ergo Levers - ID please

Dave Mayer

Guest
Please help me ID the following 8-speed Ergopower levers:

I' guessing that these are about 7 years old. The bodies are plastic. There is no lettering or
designations on the levers or the fronts of the bodies. The shifter paddles are covered with a
molded black plastic.

Thanks!

> > "Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:eek:[email protected]...
> > > Please help me ID the following 8-speed Ergopower levers: I' guessing that these are about 7
> > > years old. The bodies are plastic. There is no lettering or designations on the levers or the
> > > fronts of
the
> > > bodies. The shifter paddles are covered with a molded black plastic.

> > I ([email protected]) suggested: Pointy-hood Mirage or Avanti eight speed?

"Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yep, these have the older pointy hoods. The shift levers are black
painted
> steel covered with black plastic molded into the final paddle shape.
>
> Any chance that these could be Athena? If I had the 1995 Campy Spare parts catalog I could figure
> this out.
Anyone
> have the PDF file for Ergopower levers? (I have every year from 1996 on.)

OK, here is the 1995 tech manual for those: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/ERGO95.JPG

I could not locate the color catalog from that year. (I'm a lousy librarian )

In the 1994 book, Athena uses a nylon main shift lever.

In the 1995 book that lever is a Chorus (aluminum) part (#EC-CH028, EC-CH029.

The 1995 Veloce, Mirage and Avanti shifters all have their own part number for the Ergo main shift
lever, which ,IIRC, is nylon.

And here's the last time this year I will beat this dead horse: It sure would be nice if someone
besides Shimano (Hey, you listening there in Vicenza?) showed a little consideration and marked
their products with the model number on the part. A Shimano shifter is either an ST-6500 or an
ST-6501 and you don't have to guess which because the number is molded into the lever!