Campy Left Shifter Rebuild Question

Kenny

Guest
Yesterday I replaced my left side thumb shifter return spring. Today
after my first ride I noticed the clicks weren't crisp and snappy when
shifting between chainrings. The FD trim wouldn't stay trimmed while in
the big ring and the FD would ever so slowly creep inward eventuatlly
causing chain rub and a down shift to the middle ring all on its own.
My question is, should I have replaced the G-springs while I had it
apart yesterday or did I miss something else in the rebuild process?

Kenny

Kenny wrote:
> Yesterday I replaced my left side thumb shifter return spring. Today
> after my first ride I noticed the clicks weren't crisp and snappy when
> shifting between chainrings. The FD trim wouldn't stay trimmed while in
> the big ring and the FD would ever so slowly creep inward eventuatlly
> causing chain rub and a down shift to the middle ring all on its own.
> My question is, should I have replaced the G-springs while I had it
> apart yesterday or did I miss something else in the rebuild process?
>
> Kenny

G springs and maybe a cracked spring carrier..also if the lever is 1998
or later, that flat watch type spring needs to be installed correctly.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> G springs and maybe a cracked spring carrier..also if the lever is 1998
> or later, that flat watch type spring needs to be installed correctly.

Thanks Peter. I thought something was funny the first time I put it all
back together when the big flat spring didn't want to stay hooked in
place. Took it apart again and replaced the G-springs and figured out
how to properly install the big flat spring. Should work.

Kenny