Can Lance win the Tour in 09?

Honestly I do not think so. How was it possible this year for Contador to stay with a doped to the gills Ricco at the Giro? I think there is still some good juice being used here and there.

And certainly LA has the connections to get the 'good stuff'.

ad9898 said:
The question is now, what if he does win, what if he does what he used to, 90rpm up the last climb

With the new doping rules would the doubts go away ?
With nothing to base it on but a hunch, I think that Lance was probably doping for the 7. But.......I also feel that just about all the riders in the Peloton are juiced.

Lance is a badass dude, dope or not.

I would love to see him win the 2009 Tour, with every test (nothing new) and his training prior made entirely public, not to convince me of his "cleanliness" but to showcase a cycling great.

Lance is almost the last man standing from his cycling era, everyone around him (that he beat handily) are proven dopers, or so close to the flame that only a moron would assume their innocence.

Lance must cement the legacy by riding clean. Lance is still competitive, and can break another Tour record while he is at it. The whole Phelps thing (don't ask....) being "Super Tested" and such, drives home the public's desire to be assured that an athlete is clean. Lance can see this.

After this year's Tour, you know Lance is thinking he can come back and clean house. Clean.

Getting a solid team............now that might be a different story.

Erzulis Boat said:
With nothing to base it on but a hunch, I think that Lance was probably doping for the 7. But.......I also feel that just about all the riders in the Peloton are juiced.

Lance is a badass dude, dope or not.

I would love to see him win the 2009 Tour, with every test (nothing new) and his training prior made entirely public, not to convince me of his "cleanliness" but to showcase a cycling great.

Lance is almost the last man standing from his cycling era, everyone around him (that he beat handily) are proven dopers, or so close to the flame that only a moron would assume their innocence.

Lance must cement the legacy by riding clean. Lance is still competitive, and can break another Tour record while he is at it. The whole Phelps thing (don't ask....) being "Super Tested" and such, drives home the public's desire to be assured that an athlete is clean. Lance can see this.

After this year's Tour, you know Lance is thinking he can come back and clean house. Clean.

Getting a solid team............now that might be a different story.

Good post, with Astana he has it, he will ride for them and if he shows good form Contador will do his bit, Levi and Kloden couldn't win the tour anyway.

Erzulis Boat said:
Not all... Basson was one of them!

Could it also be that if Lance rides for Astana - that Astana will be allowed to participate because how could you not invite a team that has Lance in it? It could be apart of a bigger picture to help Contador get another win. If Lance is not in Astana and Contador is there, then Astana may not get an invite thus Contador will miss out again.

So my question is could it also be a move to help Contador out and Astana ensuring they are invited?

Grater said:
Could it also be that if Lance rides for Astana - that Astana will be allowed to participate because how could you not invite a team that has Lance in it? It could be apart of a bigger picture to help Contador get another win. If Lance is not in Astana and Contador is there, then Astana may not get an invite thus Contador will miss out again.

So my question is could it also be a move to help Contador out and Astana ensuring they are invited?
I doubt you be right.
Astana with no other positive case will be on next TDF, it was already announced.

There is more concern about Lance and his bio-profil which has not be done and will lack of a sufficient duration to have good datas. On a short period it's easier to manipulate it.

If Contador is riding for another team, Contador beats Lance.

If Contador is racing with Astana, Contador wins.

In other words, Contador wins the Tour regardless.

Contador is questioning his continued membership in the team 'without guarantees' that he is the leader in the race...

Grater said:

I think you're leaving Lance's ego out of this equation.

whiteboytrash said:
When Lance makes his comeback will he shave his legs against the grain of the hair or with ?
He can shave his **** and walk backwards for all I care.