Cannabis...

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hi! :)

Have you ever heard of a plant called "Cannabis"? :D

Apparently some people smoke it, in a few ways and experience some things like:

Increased appetite, relaxation, mild halucinations and increased perception of taste sound etc.

I don't see any negative effects. Nobody sees negative effects, except the f@ckin drug companies who since they cant patent it made a push in the governmet (I think it was Nixon that b@stard that started the weed hate) and made it illegal.

It is also quite useful in making paper, rope, animal feed etc.

In my country weed is illegal. I mean Midnight - Express illegal. Up to 3 grams in one bag is probably a thousands of euro bail and likely some time in prison.

More then 3 grams results in a lengthy prison stay because it is categorized as trafficing and not just personal use.

The same applies if you have the 3 grams in more then one container.

For example if you have a gram of "Kush" in one bag and a gram of "Haze" in another, you are equal to a Colombian Cartel mafia boss and end up with a couple of years hanging out with child murderers and serial killers.

If you get caught cultivating such a plant, instead of getting it from the mafia, the sentence is way worst...

You even go to prison if you appear "helpful" in weed traffic, like knowing a guy who knows a guy and telling another guy about it.

Apparently after Mr. Nixon f@cked up thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people getting them into prison, (Is there a problem officer? Just doing my job sir... ) the states no longer consider cannabis "dangerous" and provide it in form of "medication" for people with "mild insomnia" and some other "terrible conditions" like that, in coffee-shop styled pharmacies.

Holland (and some other countries I think) still have cannabis illegal, but the law is not enforced. Actually they are so "loose" about it, where people can actually sell quality ganja in shops without the law interfering with this at all.

What is your opinion about this? Do you think that weed should be illegal? Yes - No? and why?

I mean personally, I probably wouldn't mind vaping some weed-infused e-liquid on a personal vaporizer and have a jolly good time instead of drinking 6 pints of beer every night whilst sitting in front of the tv... :angry:

Thanks. :)

Here's an irony - I could probably easily get legal medical marijuana to treat my problems with nausea if I asked for it - but I don't want to go there, I don't like any kind of possibly addictive drug.

It's legal here with a prescription - otherwise illegal but for personal use small quantities it's not enforced like it used to be.

I don't believe in prohibitions on drugs in general - don't work and just add the criminal element.

Legalize, regulate, and tax like alcohol is my opinion.

MotownBikeBoy said:
Here's an irony - I could probably easily get legal medical marijuana to treat my problems with nausea if I asked for it - but I don't want to go there, I don't like any kind of possibly addictive drug.

Oh I forgot... If you have your "stash" in a metal container, like a candy box or something, they weigh it -with- the container. So 1 gram of weed in a 15 gram "altoids" box, is about 5 years in prison...

If you have 1 gram of weed with 4 grams of tobacco and a 0.5 grams roach on a blunt, that is 5.5 grams in the eye of the law...

Wtf? Why?

Cannabis is not addictive... Not more then benzos or alchohol anyway. Actually they say that it's only "psychologically" addictive and that probably applies for a very small percentage of the population. Like wacko kids that go and burn their schools after having a shot of vodka or something.

In the same sense, the worst substance at the moment is bread!

For example:

95% of violent crimes have occured within 24 hours after the consumption of bread.
95% of traffic accidents have occured within 24 hours after the consumption of bread.
99% of the people that tried bread, tried it again.

etc...

+1 here about legalization... But the social stigma that this whole 60's propaganda has caused have lots of people hating people that like weed...

Oh and btw, if you can easily get weed, send it over to me! :D I'll send you some organic olive oil or something in return. :D

I think in the US, big Agribiz and/or Big Tobacco is chomping at the bit for legalization because there would be enormous profits in it.

MotownBikeBoy said:
For you, if I would I could - let's meet up in Amsterdam some day, lol

Ah no... Not Amsterdam. Amsterdam is attracting all these weed-deprived "gangstas" and it's a really sh^tty place to be...

Some parts of the city (especially around the train station) are right down scary (if not dangerous) to walk almost all day. With weirdo junkies following you to sell you drugs and eventually stealing your phone and wallet...

Rotterdam is much nicer... Although very ugly-modern in the centre.

Nicest places I've been in Holland were Dortrecht and Haarlem. ;)

Jokes aside, it's just 40 euro return for me to go to any of these places, if you are planning a trip let us know yeah? :)

I used to travel alot when I was a student... But lately not too much either.

But I am thinking of doing some more bike touring to the beaches this summer. :)

A long time ago I came to a distinct realization of the things that I enjoyed. Good food- expensive, females -expensive, fine wine- expensive and I enjoyed them all. I reasoned I would not doubt enjoy drugs but needed no further strain on my expenses. We all make sacrifices.

Reactions: limerickman
I've never felt the need to take mind altering drugs, apart from Guinness :)

But seriously a former team mate of mine, he was good enough to get on to the national Olympic cycling team panel back in the day, he took to cannabis in a big way. For the past 20 years the man was up to his eyeballs in the stuff and other stuff.

Last year something happened and he suddenly stopped taking all that shite and starting pedalling his bike again. He's swapped his drug addiction for a bike addiction.

What really pisses me off is that for all my clean living, he's kicking my **** on the bike now :wacko:

Lim, of all of life's truths I have experienced the most consistent in truth is "life ain't fair.

jhuskey said:
Lim, of all of life's truths I have experienced the most consistent in truth is "life ain't fair.
That's true.

It pisses me off no end that a doper (recreational doper) can just get up on a bike and start pedalling like he's never been away.
What a waste.

limerickman said:
What really pisses me off is that for all my clean living, he's kicking my **** on the bike now :wacko:

Bingo... ;) "Clean living". (Btw I think you have worst drug problems then weed in Ireland. I went for a **** in Burger King in Dublin once and there was a guy washing up a syringe in the sink there... I was out of the restaurant faster then a SWAT team... :D )

So Weed is diiiirrrty? :D Why? I mean the people that made weed illegal were probably given this stuff by their parents when they were teething:

What's so dirty about smoking pot? I mean, it wont kill you, it's less harmful then alot of legal "clean" substances. But then again is illegal and considered dirrrrrrty.

Is weed the alcohol of the Christian community? Something like alcohol is for Muslims?

For me it appears quite clear that the reason that it's illegal is that it's so damn profitable and quite hard to patent... It's a plant that can provide with alot of benefits without companies being able to control it.

So all these boozed up drink and driving assholes, made weed illegal and then somehow tried to tag a "moral" issue to it.

Oh and yes, since weed apparently expands lungs it could be considered as "dope" in cycling... But I kinda suspect that these guys are taking way more dangerous and efficient stuff to dope.

So maybe add these questions too:

-Do you think that smoking pot is "Immoral"? and why?

-Would you care about the opinion of people that consider smoking pot immoral? Or are they just hate filled mass psychosis nut-jobs?

cocaine-tooth-drop_2328302k.jpg

limerickman said:
Last year something happened and he suddenly stopped taking all that shite and starting pedalling his bike again. He's swapped his drug addiction for a bike addiction.
There are people here ending in monasteries after taking drugs...

Volnix said:
Bingo... ;) "Clean living". (Btw I think you have worst drug problems then weed in Ireland. I went for a **** in Burger King in Dublin once and there was a guy washing up a syringe in the sink there... I was out of the restaurant faster then a SWAT team... :D )

So Weed is diiiirrrty? :D Why? I mean the people that made weed illegal were probably given this stuff by their parents when they were teething:

What's so dirty about smoking pot? I mean, it wont kill you, it's less harmful then alot of legal "clean" substances. But then again is illegal and considered dirrrrrrty.

Is weed the alcohol of the Christian community? Something like alcohol is for Muslims?

For me it appears quite clear that the reason that it's illegal is that it's so damn profitable and quite hard to patent... It's a plant that can provide with alot of benefits without companies being able to control it.

So all these boozed up drink and driving assholes, made weed illegal and then somehow tried to tag a "moral" issue to it.

Oh and yes, since weed apparently expands lungs it could be considered as "dope" in cycling... But I kinda suspect that these guys are taking way more dangerous and efficient stuff to dope.

So maybe add these questions too:

-Do you think that smoking pot is "Immoral"? and why?

-Would you care about the opinion of people that consider smoking pot immoral? Or are they just hate filled mass psychosis nut-jobs?

cocaine-tooth-drop_2328302k.jpg

There are people here ending in monasteries after taking drugs...
Interesting.

I'm not particularly interested in debating the pros and cons of recreational drugs. Over the years I find that the supporters of cannabis use tend to cite the alcohol industry to try to prove their point. Even if cannabis was legal here I wouldn't feel the need to consume it, and my drinking alcohol days are very very limited now as well. Alcohol in this society inflicts a terrible toll.

Personally I don't advocate that anyone should take alcohol or cannabis for that matter.

One other point, unfortunately Dublin's main thoroughfare where you were at Burger King is a haven for the addicts who's lives are blighted by drug abuse sadly.

Rule of thumb for me: things are illegal because their bad for you. Stay away from them

limerickman said:
One other point, unfortunately Dublin's main thoroughfare where you were at Burger King is a haven for the addicts who's lives are blighted by drug abuse sadly.

That was really scary... We did have some of those people around as well but they are much less lately.
They tend to be constantly high on something, pills, heroin, whatever they find, and they usually were so out of their mind that had very limited perception about things in general, resulting in them robbing people at sight, asking for money and congregating in large groups in certain "spots" of the city, making them inhospitable for everybody else.

For example, there was this park which was right out of the swimming pool that I was going swimming. The one time that my D-Lock was attacked was outside in that very park.

But eventually a local company went and built a skateboard track for kids there and they were kinda "driven away".

It was even worst in another park, which was quite large and it was right next to a methadone centre. The whole park was some kind of Zombie-Apocalypse-Woodstock-Festival 24/7. Everybody knew that once you were into that park, you would get out robbed, or attacked or both... Fortunately that also was corrected and now there are some nice cafes and kids playing in there.

I'm not sure I was in a bad area of Dublin. I was mainly walking in the line of the river, visited that big park in the end, (the one with the ducks dont remember the name), past the Jameson distillery and also went up to the Guiness brewery.

Also walked a bit on the other end of the river were all these pubs and bars are.

I didn't feel unsafe anywhere, but that incident in Burger King was really scary, especially because I know that these people don't communicate anymore and see people as "pray" plain and simple.

Dublin is really nice actually. :)

wahmed said:
Rule of thumb for me: things are illegal because their bad for you. Stay away from them

They are bad for something... But not necessarily for you. :D

IMGP2616.JPG

IMGP2603.JPG

Let's see things that are illegal, but bad???, you be the judge. Prostitution, killing politicians, having more than one wife... ok that one probably is bad and stupid, did I mention prostitution , kicking the living s**t out of some a-hole that tries to run you down, public nudity, not necessarily bad for you but harmful to the rest of us, urinating in public and cheating the IRS and or government of your choice.

Volnix said:
That was really scary... We did have some of those people around as well but they are much less lately.

I'm not sure I was in a bad area of Dublin. I was mainly walking in the line of the river, visited that big park in the end, (the one with the ducks dont remember the name), past the Jameson distillery and also went up to the Guiness brewery.

Also walked a bit on the other end of the river were all these pubs and bars are.

I didn't feel unsafe anywhere, but that incident in Burger King was really scary, especially because I know that these people don't communicate anymore and see people as "pray" plain and simple.

Dublin is really nice actually. :)

They are bad for something... But not necessarily for you. :D

attachicon.gif
IMGP2616.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMGP2603.JPG
Dublin is where I was born and bred.

There's been a lot of controversy about how O'Connell St (where that outlet of BurgerKing is) has been allowed to go the way that it has. City centre Dublin has a drug problem in terms of buying and selling of narcotics. It is a pity because as your nice photos show Dublin is a lovely city and we get a lot of tourists and visitors from abroad and we want them to have a nice experience visiting our country and cities.

limerickman said:
Dublin is where I was born and bred.

There's been a lot of controversy about how O'Connell St (where that outlet of BurgerKing is) has been allowed to go the way that it has. City centre Dublin has a drug problem in terms of buying and selling of narcotics. It is a pity because as your nice photos show Dublin is a lovely city and we get a lot of tourists and visitors from abroad and we want them to have a nice experience visiting our country and cities.

Well... I wasn't exactly an "esteemed guest". :D More like "Backpack Hostel Scum", :p but it was nice. :)

Might as well post some more pictures. :)

What do you think? :) (Last one is my favorite! :D)

The natural history museum was a trip btw... :) I think they made some changes to it lately? I heard something about it on the news...

IMGP2593.JPG

IMGP2606.JPG

IMGP2600.JPG

IMGP2598.JPG

IMGP2615.JPG

IMGP2609.JPG

IMGP2632.JPG

IMGP2631.JPG

IMGP2614.JPG

Of years, and been around it all the time. I've never seen a negative affect on anyone. I have seen plenty of good though