Cedar Plank Grilling question

"Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Steve B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >I love Gewurztaminer. I will give it a try with salmon.

> =====
>
> It's really good with turkey, too!

Really? I like it best served cold, with glass, and more of the same!

BTW, McGuigan's makes an *excellent* IMO, GWR! (Gewurztraminer Riesling). In
fact I love all their wines, and at £5 a bottle, they're a damned *steal*.
Here's a link (ignore their prices - they're over charging):

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1314&PHPSESSID=cd6
bcbe1b5fec9c81771e3d784087b83

They're merlot is delicious, and the shiraz, beautiful IM(NS!)HO.

Shaun aRe - It goes great with fresh langoustine LOL!

"Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steve B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >I love Gewurztaminer. I will give it a try with salmon.

>> =====
>>
>> It's really good with turkey, too!

> Really? I like it best served cold, with glass, and more of the same!
>
> BTW, McGuigan's makes an *excellent* IMO, GWR! (Gewurztraminer Riesling).
> In
> fact I love all their wines, and at £5 a bottle, they're a damned *steal*.
> Here's a link (ignore their prices - they're over charging):
>
> http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1314&PHPSESSID=cd6
> bcbe1b5fec9c81771e3d784087b83
>
> They're merlot is delicious, and the shiraz, beautiful IM(NS!)HO.
>
> Shaun aRe - It goes great with fresh langoustine LOL!
>
>=======

We recently had a Shiraz-Cabernet blend that was really good... heavy... but
good. A nice deep red feel on the tongue.... Yummmmmmmmmm. I'll have to
look around for who it was by; I'm thinking it was Australian.

Cyndi

> "Shaun aRe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > BTW, McGuigan's makes an *excellent* IMO, GWR! (Gewurztraminer

Riesling).
> > In
> > fact I love all their wines, and at £5 a bottle, they're a damned

*steal*.
> > Here's a link (ignore their prices - they're over charging):

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1314&PHPSESSID=cd6
> > bcbe1b5fec9c81771e3d784087b83
> >
> > They're merlot is delicious, and the shiraz, beautiful IM(NS!)HO.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - It goes great with fresh langoustine LOL!
> >
> >=======

> We recently had a Shiraz-Cabernet blend that was really good... heavy...

but
> good. A nice deep red feel on the tongue.... Yummmmmmmmmm. I'll have to
> look around for who it was by; I'm thinking it was Australian.
>
> Cyndi

Hmmmm! I love what a lot of the (esp. S.E.) Australian wineries do with the
grapes - they turn out very flavour and sugar rich grapes, and make them
into some of the fattest, roundest tasting wines you can find ANYWHERE, IMO.

One thing I dislike about some (most of the 'everyday' priced ones) European
reds, is I find a lot of them are thin and overly acidic, while lacking the
depth of tannins to back it up, or indeed see them mellow and mature well
with aging. Of course, looking well and paying more will turn up far better.
I've still not had a better wine under £10 than anything from McG's at
~£5...

Shaun aRe