Chafing (Men Only)

Miller

Aug 4, 2003
I have been riding for about 15 years. In the last year or so, I have been having for the first time chafing problems. Specifically, Mr. P rubs up against the shorts and the center seam, with very painful results after a long ride. This happens with both regular riding shorts as well as triathlon shorts.

I have tried Vaseline, which works with the tri shorts, but makes me look like I've had a little accident with regular riding shorts, and doesn't work so well.

I thought I had the solution with coolmax underwear, but recently on a long, wet ride, I had the same problem with the same (painful) results.

Any experience out there with this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.

i had the same problem, i used to chaff everywere even under the arms, as i do a lot of running, to help there is a cream you can buy from the chemist called 3B, its been on tv. it works like a dream. other than that i dont know wat else there is
good luck with it

You can buy special stuff for this. Chamois cream... try it, it really works...

Ssushi

Originally posted by Miller
I have been riding for about 15 years. In the last year or so, I have been having for the first time chafing problems. Specifically, Mr. P rubs up against the shorts and the center seam, with very painful results after a long ride. This happens with both regular riding shorts as well as triathlon shorts.

I have tried Vaseline, which works with the tri shorts, but makes me look like I've had a little accident with regular riding shorts, and doesn't work so well.

I thought I had the solution with coolmax underwear, but recently on a long, wet ride, I had the same problem with the same (painful) results.

Any experience out there with this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.
I have had the same problem. For me the solution was Assos shorts, with chamois cream...worked wonders. The shorts are expensive, but, worth every nickel. The become a part of you, perfect fit, no gaps, no chafing...good luck !! :cool:

I use a product called Chamois Butt'r available from Schwab Cycles. It can be purchased in a large tube and also in small one application tubes which are handy to re-apply on long rides.

www.schwabcycles.com/