Chinese Carbon Frames

Curious read.
I poured over cycle articles, LBS (local bike shops) and called many manufacturers and spoke with them regarding their Bikes.
In the end, I purchased a no name from a Hong Kong company, a SRAM group with the Higher End Vuelta (albeit low to mid range wheels) I could not be happier with my purchase, I think my China made bike is just a nice as any China Made Bike that one would purchase at an LBS. BUT. I did do a bit of sanding an tweaking. Something many of the Bike Snobs would never do. It took a weekend to build my Bike. It has a gorgeous weave and zero paint, or STICKERS, other than the NOSE ART Decals that I made, which many have made positive comments about. I assumed that I would need to TWEAK things a bit. but then I have a really nice bike for about $1400 US, as opposed to $3000 for a different bike NOT MADE in my home country or by Italian Craftsmen. What's the big deal, if you have the BUCKS and want to Spend $5000 or MUCH more to get a high end Madone or HIGH END Pinarello. DO IT. Me I guess I am in the minority, I will never ride in the TDF or compete at a CAT 1 level or have a sponsor that will fork up $6000 for a real Italian Bike. Isn't this supposed to be fun? Enjoy the Ride.
JohnS

I have heard from a couple of sources that, all things being equal, a 3K weave rides a bit stiffer than a 12K weave.

I spent 5-1/2 years on a 12K weave Douglas and it was plenty stiff for most of the training and racing I do.

Let us know how your Chinarello builds up and rides. I'm tempted to buy one and throw the Athena electric group on it.

rparedes said:
Those are just cosmetic; no impact on ride characteristics
3k is sometimes used on top as it's said to have better impact resistance than 12k or UD, but the cosmetic thing is often the reason.

Most of the quality is as good as it is made in taiwan because the weather is quite the same in xiamen. The big factory in xiamen is also come from taiwan.
Originally Posted by JAPANic .

My club here in Japan are getting our own brand carbon frame made in China.
I was reluctant at first about them. After 2 years now of seeing more and more club members buying them and having good results with them, I'm starting to believe they are as good as if not better than a lot of European, U,S or Taiwanese brands.
I'm told the factory that makes them makes some other famous brands but not told yet what those other brands are.

Our best rider is using one and he is in the top level amateur SS class here in Japan and (He's over 40, been riding for 3 or 4 years, has lost 25kgs in weight since he started).
He's been in 4 races so far this year that count towards the annual tally for the championship. He's come 3rd, 1st, 1st and crashed out in the 4th while in a 4 man break away near the finish.

I'm thinking of getting one too when my Trek5500 frame gives up.

Even the Carbon Frames made in china online are not cheap, so they must be decent quality if they are charging that much.

I would be more worried about how it arrives in teh post, scratches, dropped, damaged, etc

ChrisRider said:
Even the Carbon Frames made in china online are not cheap, so they must be decent quality if they are charging that much.
What? You do realize that not all frames made in China are not made to the same quality level and same spec, right?

Originally Posted by ChrisRider .

That's what I call irrefutable logic.

Dear All,
I offer Carbon frames and wheelsets.
There is one best seller: FM066 SL. It is about 850grams. The following picture is UD matte finish. The frame is stiff, light, responsive, cheap. If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]

mark6920 said:
Our FM066 SL has sizes of 48,50,52,54,56,58,60cm. BB has both BSA and BB30 options. We offer free UD matte finish and gloss finish. Mark ([email protected])
Golly, Mark, those look a lot like fake Zipp wheels. In fact, those are fake Zipp wheels. What kind of turd sells fake Zipp wheels, and why the hell should anyone buy anything from such a guy?