Close Encounter

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Gags, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Gags

    Gags Guest

    This was posted on our work cycling newsgroup from one of the guys in
    Canberra...........

    A friend of mine was on his regular morning ride to work this morning and
    has penned this ride report.

    Wednesday morning started darkly as our hero, The Black Adder, left the
    Brighton Apartments (the spiritual and ancestral home of The Capital Train)
    in the pre dawn light for the first 25 of his 50 daily commuting kms. Ten
    Tonne Tessie moved spiritedly beneath him as he rolled out of the driveway,
    songs in the key of black pumping on the i-pod (ACDC's Shoot to Thrill).

    The Adder's legs felt strong as he headed down Wentworth Avenue towards the
    lake with a view to a quick lap on the way to the office. After allowing a
    small peloton of lesser cyclists to pass him at a set of lights The Adder
    turned onto the bike path and immediately upped the speed. Legs pumping,
    Tessie performing silently under him (except for the frog croaking pedals)
    The Adder was soon flying along passing other cyclists and pedestrians
    alike.

    He noticed a distant well, spaced group of four people, in single file,
    walking at a moderate pace. The adder, wary of previous altercations
    activated his pedestrian warning device; no response, again... no response.
    He shot past the tail ender turning around to deliver a withering stare at
    the interloper's disregard for The Adders cycling powers.

    Just in time he turned back to be confronted by the sight of the second
    walker (in a green and gold track suit) veering jerkily across a very narrow
    bike lane directly into his path. "ON YOUR RIGHT" was the angry scream
    delivered by The Adder, at point blank range.... to John Howard (out for his
    morning stroll)...... who jumped back with alarming speed. "Oops", thought
    The Adder momentarily forgetting that there were two more walkers yet to
    pass who were probably at this moment reaching for their shooters. A quick
    turn of speed delivered from the mighty pistons saw the adder escape
    unscathed and free to continue his rapid journey to Bruce.

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Blackadder: The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

  3. On 2006-03-31, Gags <gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au> wrote:
    > Just in time he turned back to be confronted by the sight of the second
    > walker (in a green and gold track suit) veering jerkily across a very narrow
    > bike lane directly into his path. "ON YOUR RIGHT" was the angry scream
    > delivered by The Adder, at point blank range.... to John Howard (out for his
    > morning stroll)...... who jumped back with alarming speed. "Oops", thought
    > The Adder momentarily forgetting that there were two more walkers yet to
    > pass who were probably at this moment reaching for their shooters. A quick
    > turn of speed delivered from the mighty pistons saw the adder escape
    > unscathed and free to continue his rapid journey to Bruce.

    What?! He had the *perfect* opportunity to rid Australia of one of its
    biggest weasles[1], and he *didn't do the job*?! I am most bitterly
    disappointed.

    [1] I hereby tender my deepest apologies to all those weasles out there
    whom I have just offended.

  4. HughMann

    HughMann New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2004
    BUGGER - will never get another chance like that.
    The weasel was probably deep in thought as to how he can implicate Costello in this Wheat for War fiasco.

    Blackadder could have been a national hero.

    (OT: heard interview on ABC QLD radio with a Royce Levi who has just released his book " A survival Guide for Dishonest Political Bastards". Will take pride of place beside Don Watson's "Weasel Words")

    Cheers
    Hugh

  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-03-31, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

    > Blackadder: The path of my life is strewn with cowpats....

    Covered up deep.

    Much cow dung.

    --
    TimC
    All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical