coast to coast

PK

Guest
Does anyone know the total climb on the road route coast to coast:
Whitehaven to Sunderland. And before some joker says zero, I mean the up
bits only!

pk

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "PK" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
> news:[email protected]...
>> Does anyone know the total climb on the road route coast to coast:
>> Whitehaven to Sunderland. And before some joker says zero, I mean the up
>> bits only!
>>
>> pk
>>

> Whitehaven-Sunderland: 180 km - 1531 heightmeters
>
> http://bikelog.dk/loadrute.php?id=403 (You will need to learn danish.....)
>
> ;-)
> tomov

if you plot your route here

http://www.bikely.com

It is easy and you don't have to follow every kink in the road.

When you have done, there is a facility under "show" which gives you an
elevation profile!

it also tells you how much "uppage" you do and "downage too"

I have plotted my last two tours on there and am doing my planning for this
years camping tour on there! Also working through my older tours there as well

It is btw hugely superior to the CTC crappy plotter which regularly loses
hours of work!

It also gives you a "satellite" view but it is not very good/ I use google
earth to look at hills in the "real world"

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

"Trevor A Panther" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> if you plot your route here
>
> http://www.bikely.com

thanks - great site!

C2C already plotted - several times!

I was interested to give a comparison to a proposed trip:

and the answer:

7500-9000 ft total climb depending on route.

Which tells me I was wise not to agree to join a crowd doing a Devon tour in
a few weeks, the first day of which is 2400m (7,800ft) total climb in 60
miles on day 1.
I prefer it just a little less hilly!

pk

Been touring in Devon. VERY hilly, especially along Southern Coast. So
is Corwall.