Colnago frame ID help please...

Dave Reckoning

Guest
I just got a rather nice Colnago Mexico Record Oro with a D33 stamped into
the right rear drop out. It has the Colnago name stamped into the chainstays
and a 27.2 seat post fits. The Columbus tubing sticker had worn so badly I
was not able to tell what kind of tubing it is made of.

Anyone know which line of Columbus tubing it migh be made from or where I
might look to find out?

Thanks!

Dave Reckoning

Noblesville, IN

"Dave Reckoning" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I just got a rather nice Colnago Mexico Record Oro with a D33 stamped into
> the right rear drop out. It has the Colnago name stamped into the

chainstays
> and a 27.2 seat post fits. The Columbus tubing sticker had worn so badly I
> was not able to tell what kind of tubing it is made of.
>
> Anyone know which line of Columbus tubing it migh be made from or where I
> might look to find out?

Does it look like this one:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Colnago/Colnago_70sMex.htm

or this:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Colnago/colnago_mexico_bike.htm

"bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave Reckoning" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I just got a rather nice Colnago Mexico Record Oro with a D33 stamped
>> into...

Snip
>> Anyone know which line of Columbus tubing it migh be made from or where I
>> might look to find out?
>>

> Does it look like this one:
>
> http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Colnago/Colnago_70sMex.htm
>
> or this:
>
> http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Colnago/colnago_mexico_bike.htm

Thanks BFD, I saw those and that Blue one in the first link is what it
lookes like with the exception of the following:

* "Colnago" stamped into the seat stays near the seat clamp
* No cloverleaf in the "C"
* No large "Colnago Mexico" sticker just the "Mexico Record Oro 1972" in the
stripes above the "Colnago" on the seat tube

About all that I am going by the is the D33 and the Colnago stamped into the
chainstays without knowing what else to look for.

Thanks again!

Dave Reckoning
Noblesville, IN