Continental Sport 1000 - 700c

fauxpas

May 20, 2006
My IBS (Internet Bike Shop) has a special on Continental Sport 1000 700x23 allrounder road tyres.

Any feedback on these? As I'm not a fan of retail prices for tyres and want to opportunist buy tyres to stock them up for a rainy day.

sport_1000_en;property=original.gif

Also found a few reviews...

fauxpas said:
My IBS (Internet Bike Shop) has a special on Continental Sport 1000 700x23 allrounder road tyres.

Any feedback on these? As I'm not a fan of retail prices for tyres and want to opportunist buy tyres to stock them up for a rainy day.

sport_1000_en;property=original.gif

Continental anything with duraskin will be great. I run conti GP4seasons and they last forever. 7000+ kms of life. Get tyres from probikekit, pay the $19aud postage and have them delivered to your door in about 5 working days. They are cheap too.

I second the GP 4 Seasons, they are a great tyre. Cheap from Probikekit too ($40 or so). Can also get the GP4000s from them at a similar price, I think.

If you're after a good tyre that's unbelievably cheap, check out their Vittoria Rubino Pros. All sorts of colours, 23 or 25mm, very light, decent wear and durability, all for about $20 or so each.