Copper Canyon in Mexico ~VIDEO~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by MTBBill, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. MTBBill

    MTBBill Guest

    At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.

    Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

    I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    liked it better as one big yonking video.

    The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.

    www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv

    -Bill

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    MTBBill wrote:
    > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >
    > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >
    > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    > liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >
    > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >
    > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >
    > -Bill

    Thanks Bill. That's a beautiful video. It brought back some great
    memories that I didn't capture on mine. I guess I have an excuse to go
    back.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. GWood

    GWood Guest

    Bill, most excellent! I note you didn't record any of the grueling climbs I
    heard about ;-) But what a ride!!!!

    (Maybe next year!)
    Gary

  4. MattB

    MattB Guest

    MTBBill wrote:
    > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >
    > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >
    > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    > liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >
    > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >
    > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >
    > -Bill

    Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
    medical personnel if someone needed it?

    I wanna' go there!

    Matt

  5. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > MTBBill wrote:
    >> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    >> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >>
    >> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    >> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >>
    >> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    >> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    >> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    >> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    >> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    >> liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >>
    >> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >>
    >> -Bill

    > Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
    > medical personnel if someone needed it?
    >
    > I wanna' go there!
    >
    > Matt

    You don't want to get hurt there. I looked inside the Clinic de
    Batopilas. I think a hot rusty nail would seal things up in a cleaner
    way. Then again, there's plenty of Tequila to ansethetize you.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  6. MTBBill wrote:
    > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >
    > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >
    > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    > liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >
    > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >
    > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >
    > -Bill

    Awe Bill, that was better material than Ride-A-Lot, but he's got way
    better music taste than you. That music is annoying man. Also, you too
    are one who avoids domination of the technical, you went around stuff
    you should have went over.

    You & Ride-A-Lot outta hook up, let him do your music, and you try to
    progress him forward.

    Due to my bragging about Deer Creek Canyon, Specialized Bike
    Corporation came to Colorado, and donated some bikes to Tread Bicycle
    Stores, for them to take the bikes up to Deer Creek Canyon, and test
    them, on "The Wall", but apparently "The Wall" was too iced and snowed
    up.

    My point is, why don't you guys come & ride Deer Creek Canyons Plymouth
    Trail, Red Mesa Loop, and "The Wall" which is on Plymouth Trail. I want
    to see if you guys can handle it. Specialized Bike Corporation had
    their spys evaluate it (due to me), and they have rated it double black
    diamond. I crashed 3 times on it, and I cleared it 3 times. I want you
    to progress Ride-A-Lot to a point where he'll try "The Wall". Let
    Ride-A-Lot do your music, although he too needs to improve his music
    selection, it's better than yours.

  7. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "MTBBill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >
    > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >
    > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    > liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >
    > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >
    > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >
    > -Bill

    My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
    several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
    this lifetime list.

    CDB

  8. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Paladin wrote:
    > "MTBBill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    >> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    >>
    >> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    >> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    >>
    >> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    >> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    >> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    >> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    >> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    >> liked it better as one big yonking video.
    >>
    >> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    >>
    >> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    >>
    >> -Bill

    > My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
    > several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
    > this lifetime list.

    No hope-to's, just do it! No sense in waiting around until you're too
    old to enjoy it.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Paladin wrote:
    > > My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
    > > several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
    > > this lifetime list.
    > >

    > No hope-to's, just do it! No sense in waiting around until you're too
    > old to enjoy it.

    I must concur with this notion.

    JD

  10. CB

    CB Guest

    JD and the rest of the gang:

    I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
    Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
    $2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
    Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
    then relax to a Tecate in the evening.

    So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
    group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
    and show us how it's done!

    Get ready to eat Mexican for a week!

    Chip

  11. gabrielle

    gabrielle Guest

    On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:23:57 -0700, Paladin wrote:

    > My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
    > several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
    > this lifetime list.

    I'm impressed about the "my wife and a girlfriend." ;)

    This place is on my list as well.

    gabrielle

  12. gabrielle

    gabrielle Guest

    On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:53:43 -0800, CB wrote:

    > JD and the rest of the gang:
    >
    > I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
    > Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
    > $2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
    > Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
    > then relax to a Tecate in the evening.
    >
    > So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
    > group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
    > and show us how it's done!

    I am hereby volunteering to ride sweep on this trip.

    gabrielle

  13. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:23:57 -0700, Paladin wrote:
    >
    >> My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
    >> several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to
    >> in
    >> this lifetime list.

    > I'm impressed about the "my wife and a girlfriend." ;)
    > gabrielle

    You turkey. But they get along great, you know...;~)

    CDB

  14. GARTINsux

    GARTINsux Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > MTBBill wrote:
    > > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
    > > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
    > >
    > > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
    > > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
    > >
    > > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
    > > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
    > > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
    > > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
    > > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
    > > liked it better as one big yonking video.
    > >
    > > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
    > >
    > > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
    > >
    > > -Bill

    > Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
    > medical personnel if someone needed it?
    >
    > I wanna' go there!
    >
    > Matt

    Looks a little technical in spots? So does that mean you get off your
    bike cut the filming and do hike-a-bike?

  15. GARTINsux

    GARTINsux Guest

    CB wrote:
    > JD and the rest of the gang:
    >
    > I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
    > Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
    > $2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
    > Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
    > then relax to a Tecate in the evening.

    Eh?

    > So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
    > group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
    > and show us how it's done!

    BUt you're a friend of Virginia Newbon, too, unless you can prove you
    aren't, and have a URL with you on it, and you MTBing.

    > Get ready to eat Mexican for a week!

    Mexican mafia is waiting for you.