Copper Canyon in Mexico ~VIDEO~



M

MTBBill

Guest
At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.

Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm

I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
liked it better as one big yonking video.

The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.

www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv

-Bill
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
MTBBill wrote:
> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>
> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>
> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>
> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>
> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>
> -Bill



Thanks Bill. That's a beautiful video. It brought back some great
memories that I didn't capture on mine. I guess I have an excuse to go
back.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
G

GWood

Guest
Bill, most excellent! I note you didn't record any of the grueling climbs I
heard about ;-) But what a ride!!!!

(Maybe next year!)
Gary
 
M

MattB

Guest
MTBBill wrote:
> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>
> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>
> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>
> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>
> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>
> -Bill


Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
medical personnel if someone needed it?

I wanna' go there!

Matt
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
MattB wrote:
> MTBBill wrote:
>> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
>> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>>
>> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>>
>> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
>> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
>> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
>> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
>> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
>> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>>
>> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>>
>> -Bill

>
> Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
> medical personnel if someone needed it?
>
> I wanna' go there!
>
> Matt


You don't want to get hurt there. I looked inside the Clinic de
Batopilas. I think a hot rusty nail would seal things up in a cleaner
way. Then again, there's plenty of Tequila to ansethetize you.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
MTBBill wrote:
> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>
> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>
> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>
> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>
> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>
> -Bill


Awe Bill, that was better material than Ride-A-Lot, but he's got way
better music taste than you. That music is annoying man. Also, you too
are one who avoids domination of the technical, you went around stuff
you should have went over.

You & Ride-A-Lot outta hook up, let him do your music, and you try to
progress him forward.

Due to my bragging about Deer Creek Canyon, Specialized Bike
Corporation came to Colorado, and donated some bikes to Tread Bicycle
Stores, for them to take the bikes up to Deer Creek Canyon, and test
them, on "The Wall", but apparently "The Wall" was too iced and snowed
up.

My point is, why don't you guys come & ride Deer Creek Canyons Plymouth
Trail, Red Mesa Loop, and "The Wall" which is on Plymouth Trail. I want
to see if you guys can handle it. Specialized Bike Corporation had
their spys evaluate it (due to me), and they have rated it double black
diamond. I crashed 3 times on it, and I cleared it 3 times. I want you
to progress Ride-A-Lot to a point where he'll try "The Wall". Let
Ride-A-Lot do your music, although he too needs to improve his music
selection, it's better than yours.
 
P

Paladin

Guest
"MTBBill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>
> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>
> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>
> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>
> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>
> -Bill


My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
this lifetime list.

CDB



--
Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com<<<<<<------
Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Paladin wrote:
> "MTBBill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
>> tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
>>
>> Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
>>
>> I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
>> simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
>> traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
>> cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
>> the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
>> liked it better as one big yonking video.
>>
>> The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
>>
>> www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
>>
>> -Bill

>
> My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
> several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
> this lifetime list.
>


No hope-to's, just do it! No sense in waiting around until you're too
old to enjoy it.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
J

JD

Guest
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
> > My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
> > several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
> > this lifetime list.
> >

>
> No hope-to's, just do it! No sense in waiting around until you're too
> old to enjoy it.



I must concur with this notion.

JD
 
C

CB

Guest
JD and the rest of the gang:

I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
$2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
then relax to a Tecate in the evening.

So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
and show us how it's done!

Get ready to eat Mexican for a week!

Chip
 
G

gabrielle

Guest
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:23:57 -0700, Paladin wrote:

> My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
> several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to in
> this lifetime list.


I'm impressed about the "my wife and a girlfriend." ;)

This place is on my list as well.

gabrielle
 
G

gabrielle

Guest
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:53:43 -0800, CB wrote:

> JD and the rest of the gang:
>
> I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
> Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
> $2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
> Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
> then relax to a Tecate in the evening.
>
> So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
> group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
> and show us how it's done!


I am hereby volunteering to ride sweep on this trip.

gabrielle
 
P

Paladin

Guest
"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:23:57 -0700, Paladin wrote:
>
>> My wife and a girlfriend travelled that area by train, burro and foot
>> several years ago. They were similarly impressed. That's on my hope-to
>> in
>> this lifetime list.

>
> I'm impressed about the "my wife and a girlfriend." ;)
> gabrielle


You turkey. But they get along great, you know...;~)

CDB



--
Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com<<<<<<------
Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
 
G

GARTINsux

Guest
MattB wrote:
> MTBBill wrote:
> > At the end of October I went on a truly awesome nine-day adventure
> > tour to Copper Canyon in Mexico.
> >
> > Here is the writeup on the trip (previously posted here)
> > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CopperCanyonTrip.htm
> >
> > I finally got done with the video for the trip. Words and video just
> > simply can not adequetely convey what an incredible life experience
> > traveling through Copper Canyon can be, so keep in mind that it is
> > cooler, steeper, funner, and a whole bunch more "er"s than it looks on
> > the video. I could have easily made this two videos but decided I
> > liked it better as one big yonking video.
> >
> > The video 16 minutes long and will set your harddrive back 115MB.
> >
> > www.mtbbill.com/videos/CopperCanyon-Web.wmv
> >
> > -Bill

>
> Very nice! Looks a little technical in spots. How far would you be from
> medical personnel if someone needed it?
>
> I wanna' go there!
>
> Matt


Looks a little technical in spots? So does that mean you get off your
bike cut the filming and do hike-a-bike?
 
G

GARTINsux

Guest
CB wrote:
> JD and the rest of the gang:
>
> I'm going back in Oct '08.........yeah, three years from the last trip.
> Save your pennies now. We'll do a custom trip that will cost approx
> $2k. So, save .50¢ a day from now on and you'll be riding the wicked
> Sierra Madre. If you want it nasty, they can bring it on, ALL LEVELS,
> then relax to a Tecate in the evening.


Eh?

> So, save your pocket change everyday, we'll put together an incredible
> group. No holds barred, even the geek with "The Wall" can come along
> and show us how it's done!


BUt you're a friend of Virginia Newbon, too, unless you can prove you
aren't, and have a URL with you on it, and you MTBing.

> Get ready to eat Mexican for a week!


Mexican mafia is waiting for you.

> Chip