Cordless cateye ?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tumbleweed, May 19, 2004.

  1. Tumbleweed

    Tumbleweed Guest

    How easy is it to add and then remove the sensor/transmitter without damage?
    Thinking about using one as a one-off on a borrowed bike and would then want
    to fit it to another.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    Remove my socks for email address

    Tags:

  2. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Tumbleweed wrote:
    > How easy is it to add and then remove the sensor/transmitter without
    > damage? Thinking about using one as a one-off on a borrowed bike and
    > would then want to fit it to another.

    It attaches with cable ties and double-sided sticky pads (at least, mine
    did). So you'd need replacements for these items.

  3. Tumbleweed

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tumbleweed wrote:
    > > How easy is it to add and then remove the sensor/transmitter without
    > > damage? Thinking about using one as a one-off on a borrowed bike and
    > > would then want to fit it to another.

    > It attaches with cable ties and double-sided sticky pads (at least, mine
    > did). So you'd need replacements for these items.

    Ta.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    Remove my socks for email address

  4. David Waters

    David Waters Guest

    Simonb wrote:

    > Tumbleweed wrote:
    >
    >>How easy is it to add and then remove the sensor/transmitter without
    >>damage? Thinking about using one as a one-off on a borrowed bike and
    >>would then want to fit it to another.

    > It attaches with cable ties and double-sided sticky pads (at least, mine
    > did). So you'd need replacements for these items.

    My Cateye cordless (cordless 2) attaches with one of those cable ties
    but also has a screw so would be a piece of piss to put on a different
    bike.

  5. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    David Waters wrote:
    > Simonb wrote:
    >
    >> Tumbleweed wrote:
    >>
    >>> How easy is it to add and then remove the sensor/transmitter without
    >>> damage? Thinking about using one as a one-off on a borrowed bike and
    >>> would then want to fit it to another.

    >> It attaches with cable ties and double-sided sticky pads (at least,
    >> mine did). So you'd need replacements for these items.
    >>

    > My Cateye cordless (cordless 2) attaches with one of those cable ties
    > but also has a screw so would be a piece of piss to put on a different
    > bike.

    Mine's a cordless 7.