Corn for stamina

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
There is a region in the Philippines where they eat corn instead of rice as a staple. In fact, many of the successful boxers come from that region and they attribute their strength to corn. I don't know if there are riders shifting to corn for the touted strength and stamina but I have read of some upcoming boxers eating corn during the training period. If corn is really effective for stamina, I think that would be a great plus cyclists particularly those joining national competition.

Aside from cooking corn like how they cook rice, corn is also good to be eaten when boiled. But broiled corn is not that effective. So that means popcorn is not that effective either.

I agree with you. I have tried this tactic. I think that it gives me a good amount of energy for my cycling session. It's not a rumor and it's a true fact. It's also true that boiled corn is not that effective.

Corn has plenty of Carbohydrates, which are stored as glycogen in the liver or immediately burnt in your body while doing easy and long exercises, like riding a bike at moderate speed.

While the workout intensity gradually increases, the body switches to burning glycogen (which is a fast-paced energy-reserve, stored in the liver and muscles). Glycogen makes it easier for your body to maintain the effort. That is why it is important for runners to maintain a high level of glycogen.

Corn is very filling, people that are used to eating things made from corn flower very often complain how the filling feeling goes away if they eat rice. Whole corn isn't as nutritious as foods that uses corn flower.

For stamina and energy, I use the energy bars and energy drinks. I don't think corn can provide as much energy as the drinks will provide. Personally, I have experienced it. My stomach becomes heavy after eating anything for energy and that is why I prefer drinks over food for energy.

I too agree with you Corzhens, corn is filled with Carbohydrates. Corn also provides healthy calories for metabolism and significantly prevents various ailments and builds up stamina. It provides readily available glycogen to the body that instantly generates energy. Pumpkins, Pomegranates, Eggs, Coffee and Spinach are some other foods that helps building stamina.

I have always laughed at the prospect of eating corn for energy and stamina until I decided to try it out one day and I was blown away and surprised by the amount of energy and stamina in my body system even after a great workout and sprinting 100 meter race.

Ever since my experience with eating corn and the outcome I had with energy and stamina input from the corn consumption, I have always recommended eating it to my fellow friends who engage in one sports or another because of the benefits it comes with after eating.

There is a region in the Philippines where they eat corn instead of rice as a staple. In fact, many of the successful boxers come from that region and they attribute their strength to corn. I don't know if there are riders shifting to corn for the touted strength and stamina but I have read of some upcoming boxers eating corn during the training period. If corn is really effective for stamina, I think that would be a great plus cyclists particularly those joining national competition.

Aside from cooking corn like how they cook rice, corn is also good to be eaten when boiled. But broiled corn is not that effective. So that means popcorn is not that effective either.

Corn is a good stamina booster, it helps build mass and muscles and eating a lot of it doesn't makes you fat. It's also an affordable source of good nutrition.

The two food that I don't joke with when it comes to eating something that can give me lots of energy are corn and groundnuts. Whenever and wherever that I see corn whether cooked or fried, I always buy it for I have come to realize that it is a good source of energy.

Groundnuts, especially the fried one, is like a daily meal to me in the sense that I don't joke with taking it every morning before taking my bike for a ride and the kind of energy that I always notice in me has been immense.

Corn is a good alternative source of calories which is also healthy at the same time. It is a really good snack and is enough to fill me up when I go hungry and without having to worry too much about getting fat or having more calories. You can even eat it on its own.

What's good in eating corn when cycling or when doing endurance sports is that it provides the body with energy boosting carbohydrates which helps prolong the bodies energy levels.