Custom bike horn

I ride a multi-use trail and was looking for a unique bike horn to
warn walkers, runners, other bikers, and the truly oblivious that I
wanted to pass. So I created a prototype horn with a digital recorder
chip to produce a unique sound.

This article, http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/bikehorn.html, describes the
prototype. I hope to build a smaller version in the future.

Regards,
Benjy

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:59:01 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I ride a multi-use trail and was looking for a unique bike horn to
>warn walkers, runners, other bikers, and the truly oblivious that I
>wanted to pass. So I created a prototype horn with a digital recorder
>chip to produce a unique sound.
>
>This article, http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/bikehorn.html, describes the
>prototype. I hope to build a smaller version in the future.

I was hoping for a larger version, something in the locomotive category.

Something that'll make 'em soil themselves and freeze in place so I can pick a
line around them rather than guess which way they'll jump.

Ron

On Aug 28, 6:50 pm, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:59:01 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> >I ride a multi-use trail and was looking for a unique bike horn to
> >warn walkers, runners, other bikers, and the truly oblivious that I
> >wanted to pass. So I created a prototype horn with a digital recorder
> >chip to produce a unique sound.

> >This article,http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/bikehorn.html, describes the
> >prototype. I hope to build a smaller version in the future.

> I was hoping for a larger version, something in the locomotive category.
>
> Something that'll make 'em soil themselves and freeze in place so I can pick a
> line around them rather than guess which way they'll jump.

Try a Delta AirZound, loud enough to make blond bimbos in big SUVs
drop their cell phones. ;-)

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Aug 28, 6:50 pm, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:59:01 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>> >I ride a multi-use trail and was looking for a unique bike horn to
>> >warn walkers, runners, other bikers, and the truly oblivious that I
>> >wanted to pass. So I created a prototype horn with a digital recorder
>> >chip to produce a unique sound.

>> >This article,http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/bikehorn.html, describes the
>> >prototype. I hope to build a smaller version in the future.

>> I was hoping for a larger version, something in the locomotive category.
>>
>> Something that'll make 'em soil themselves and freeze in place so I can
>> pick a
>> line around them rather than guess which way they'll jump.
>>

> Try a Delta AirZound, loud enough to make blond bimbos in big SUVs
> drop their cell phones. ;-)

Train horn.
Looks like it might be a little weighty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpU2naSEAS0&mode=related&search=

On Aug 28, 6:34 pm, Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > I was hoping for a larger version, something in the locomotive category.

> > Something that'll make 'em soil themselves and freeze in place so I can pick a
> > line around them rather than guess which way they'll jump.

> Try a Delta AirZound, loud enough to make blond bimbos in big SUVs
> drop their cell phones. ;-)

I wish they had named it "Yer Darn Tootin' ".

Jeff

On Aug 28, 7:50 pm, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:59:01 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

[snip]

> I hope to build a smaller version in the future.
>
> I was hoping for a larger version, something in the locomotive category.
>
> Something that'll make 'em soil themselves and freeze in place so I can pick a
> line around them rather than guess which way they'll jump.
>
> Ron

Oh, you want a horn where the biker needs to wear hearing
protection ;-)

Benjy