cycle manuals

Donald Yacovone

Jan 6, 2004
Can anyone out there suggest the best manuals for bike maintenance? I have a high-end road bike with Campy Chorus and Record equipment. My bike is better than my knowledge of the mechanics. I am partial to texts written in clear English with lots of illustrations. I need to unlock the mysteries of derailleur adjustment. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Donald Yacovone
Can anyone out there suggest the best manuals for bike maintenance? I have a high-end road bike with Campy Chorus and Record equipment. My bike is better than my knowledge of the mechanics. I am partial to texts written in clear English with lots of illustrations. I need to unlock the mysteries of derailleur adjustment. Thanks in advance.

I like this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579540090/103-6304339-2090252?v=glance

It's fairly comprehensive (although it didn't help with the problem I've posted in the tech section)

Originally posted by Donald Yacovone

Barnetts is available at Bikeforums.net At least I saw it there a month or two ago in the bike maintenance forum...I believe you can download it for free...

good luck