cycler007 - Nob off with yer free stuff!

wheelist

Jul 7, 2005
Oi! cycler007! Yes, you!

Why don't you take your free offers and your discounts and stick 'em where they'll provide the most padding.

Stop cluttering the forum you pedestrian muppet. And don't even try to convince me that you're 'a cheapo and love saving when you can'. You're a scally and love trying to offload yer ****.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

wheelist said:
Oi! cycler007! Yes, you!

Why don't you take your free offers and your discounts and stick 'em where they'll provide the most padding.

Stop cluttering the forum you pedestrian muppet. And don't even try to convince me that you're 'a cheapo and love saving when you can'. You're a scally and love trying to offload yer ****.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Well said. Seen enough of this **** to last a lifetime. That goes for johnmy too! Feck off!!

Finally a place to ask other than the threads which I ignore.

Are those messages about discounts scams?

I haven't looked at any of them, but I suspect there is a catch somewhere.

I placed an order with Nashbar a few weeks back using the code he'd included and it indeed worked. It wasn't a scam, just the discount code and it saved me some money. I'll gladly use his codes again.

Rocket^ said:
The 35% off at Nashbar was legit, I just placed an order.
I never said his discounts weren't legit. I just don't think he should be advertising for free on this forum, under the guise that he's an ordinary cyclist doing us a favour.

He's a salesman who should be paying to advertise like the other shops that use the forum. There are plenty of opportunities for sponsored links, and so no excuses for him to create numerous threads of little interest to the majority of users who just want to talk bikes.

wheelist said:
I never said his discounts weren't legit. I just don't think he should be advertising for free on this forum, under the guise that he's an ordinary cyclist doing us a favour.

He's a salesman who should be paying to advertise like the other shops that use the forum. There are plenty of opportunities for sponsored links, and so no excuses for him to create numerous threads of little interest to the majority of users who just want to talk bikes.

ya, it's pretty common that e-commerce sites have advertising type offers that people will post links using. These links tell the retailer that x person told Z person to visit the site. The advertiser then gets a kickback.

It happens a LOT on the computer bulletin boards, and on forums specific for finding deals. Amazon is a big site that does the reference thing.

anyway, hope that made sense. I too disagree with this sort of thing being posted on forums like this...