Cycling buddies

DancingLady

Mar 9, 2015
Do you have cycling buddies? If so, how did you meet them?

I currently do not have any, but am starting to use cycling specifically for exercise more often than I used to. There are many places I feel perfectly comfortable riding alone, when there are a fair amount of people around and I'm still in town, but I don't know that I would feel comfortable riding outside of town alone, unless I was heading to someone's house, who would know if I was late.

I had, and I loved them.

Two of my classmates lived closed to my apartment and was always riding to school, it was so nice to see them every day on their bikes that I also left slow and crowded public transport behind and started commuting to university on bike.

I used to have cycling budding in our village, old women like me. But lately I have not been riding anymore because the doctor had advised me to take a long vacation so the swelling in my leg will not be aggravated. But they cannot be considered real buddies because we only see each other in the village park. I have some buddies here of my age too but they don't ride. In fact, they were in our area this morning for their morning dance session.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cycling buddy. I do bike with my girl friends but I think it would be cool to actually meet someone because of biking. Sadly, that hasn't happened to me. You see, I'm a little too old for the "teenage" bikers around here.

I'm already in my late 20's and basically these girls that are biking here are just in their late teens. I don't think we have something in common besides biking and it would be weird sharing conversations with them. Lol.

I would love to find a mother of my age who loves biking as well. To be honest though, I haven't seen anyone like that here in our village. I mean, it seems like I'm the only mom who even gets out to play with her kid, lol. All of the other kids here have nannies and I feel out of place whenever these nannies start talking.

My wife and I used to ride together a lot, but now our work schedules are totally different and we never seem to have time to ride together. I wish I had a cycling buddy to help keep me motivated on those days where my get up and go got up and went. They are definitely good to have, and you can always keep an eye on each other to make sure things go smooth. Never can be too safe :)

Nope. I'm the lone wolf of the cycling's road. Nobody can stand my flow!. Now seriously, I don't have anybody to share my cycling habits with right now. Mostly because my local urban environment is not very cycling friendly. So I only see loner bikers just like me in the road.

I used to have cycling budding in our village, old women like me. But lately I have not been riding anymore because the doctor had advised me to take a long vacation so the swelling in my leg will not be aggravated. But they cannot be considered real buddies because we only see each other in the village park. I have some buddies here of my age too but they don't ride. In fact, they were in our area this morning for their morning dance session. I used to have cycling budding in our village, old women.

I'm the loner here too. I've never really met any people I can call buddies through cycling. There're few friends of mine who like riding and they make my company. And to be honest I'm not really eager to find any solo cycling company because I don't think that our love for bikes will be enough for a conversation. It's better to have people you know well around or ride on your own.