Did anyone notice...

Bob Schwartz

Guest
I will confess to not paying the closest attention,
but I believe this is the first time an American
has cracked the top ten in a World Cup 'cross race.
Am I right on that?

This is a sign of progress. Lafferty needs to get
this on his radar screen so that he can chime in
with an accusation of drug use at the appropriate
time.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I will confess to not paying the closest attention,
> but I believe this is the first time an American
> has cracked the top ten in a World Cup 'cross race.
> Am I right on that?
>
> This is a sign of progress. Lafferty needs to get
> this on his radar screen so that he can chime in
> with an accusation of drug use at the appropriate
> time.
>
> Bob Schwartz
> [email protected]

Idiot, they don't use drugs in 'cross.

It's about time that Page beat most of those second-tier cross riders
(except van Gils) he normally races around and got a respectable world
cup finish! Now if he could only make the jump to the 1st group.

I thought either Gullickson or Johnson cracked the top-10 at Wetzikon
back when they held it right before worlds, but maybe they were only
close?

[email protected] wrote:
> It's about time that Page beat most of those second-tier cross riders
> (except van Gils) he normally races around and got a respectable

world
> cup finish! Now if he could only make the jump to the 1st group.
>
> I thought either Gullickson or Johnson cracked the top-10 at Wetzikon
> back when they held it right before worlds, but maybe they were only
> close?

Remember though, there are folks within this group who will not think
that this is a good result. Nothing short of winning is good enough
for some critics. For me, I say good ride J. Page.

Tom