Did Greg get greedy again?

Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lemond's not my favorite guy, but he's a downright gentleman compared to
> Lance.

No, he is not. Armstrong does not make the kinds of public
statements that LeMond makes. As for what either has done
there is no basis for refusing either the respect due to a
gentleman except for what LeMond has said. LeMond's long,
unbroken history of gratuitous attacks proves that he is
no gentleman.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Lemond's not my favorite guy, but he's a downright gentleman
>> compared to Lance.

> No, he is not. Armstrong does not make the kinds of public
> statements that LeMond makes. As for what either has done
> there is no basis for refusing either the respect due to a
> gentleman except for what LeMond has said. LeMond's long,
> unbroken history of gratuitous attacks proves that he is
> no gentleman.

Agree completely. I heard a long interview with him on radio about two
years ago, and I thought he was a petty, obviously jealous whiner. He also
made statements/accusations that he couldn't possibly prove.

Armstrong's a class act compared to Lemond.

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 23:51:52 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>He also
>made statements/accusations that he couldn't possibly prove.

Haha.

As opposed to you, who make statements that others can easily
disprove.

Hahahaha.

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Lemond's not my favorite guy, but he's a downright gentleman compared to
>> Lance.

> No, he is not. Armstrong does not make the kinds of public
> statements that LeMond makes. As for what either has done
> there is no basis for refusing either the respect due to a
> gentleman except for what LeMond has said. LeMond's long,
> unbroken history of gratuitous attacks proves that he is
> no gentleman.

Mind you, we only know Greg by the statements he is quoted on. In my
experience, you cannot judge someone by the way they're being presented in
the media.

On Jun 20, 11:16 pm, "Ted Mittelstaedt" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Crecentius Vespasianus wrote:
> > > I think everyone saw the Trek/Lemond split coming ?

> > > Trek Company Update, ?Trek to Immediately Sever Relationship with
> > > Greg LeMond?

> > > There?s a Press Release and a whole media primer. If this is public, you
> > > can bet it got real nasty ? you can even smoking gun it yourself in this
> > > initial summons and read a ways into the complaint to find that it?s an
> > > alleged Bro deal gone wrong (page 4, para 16)!

> > > ? since 1999 Greg LeMond has made numerous purchases of LeMond
> > > bicycles at employee pricing from Trek with a suggested retail value of
> > > over $2,500,000. Upon information and belief, Greg LeMond has resold,
> > > bartered for value or otherwise distributed many or most of these bikes,
> > > harming Trek and its dealers

> > > copied fromhttp://bikehugger.com/2008/04/trek_drops_lemond.htm
> > > --------
> > > Is there no end to this guy's greed?

> > $2.5m at say $2.5k full retail value each, that's 1000 bikes. over 9
> > years, that's 111 per year, or roughly 10 per month.

> > put another way, the dow dropped from ~12300 to ~11800 this week, wiping
> > out about 4% of your retirement portfolio,

> Not me, I like it when the Dow drops since I moved all my 401K money
> to a money market last year as soon as the news broke about the mortgage
> ****. I knew the fan was coming and now I'm laughing my ass off. As soon
> as the market stops dropping and starts going up I'll move it all back into
> stocks and clean up!
>
> Ted

Ah a market timer! A sure losing strategy in the long run.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Lemond's not my favorite guy, but he's a downright gentleman compared to
> >> Lance.

> > No, he is not. Armstrong does not make the kinds of public
> > statements that LeMond makes. As for what either has done
> > there is no basis for refusing either the respect due to a
> > gentleman except for what LeMond has said. LeMond's long,
> > unbroken history of gratuitous attacks proves that he is
> > no gentleman.

> Mind you, we only know Greg by the statements he is quoted on. In my
> experience, you cannot judge someone by the way they're being presented in
> the media.

Greg LeMond has had long enough and enough experience
to be held responsible for his public statements. He
has been consistently disparaging. If he thinks he is
misrepresented in the media he has the choice to speak
well of others for public consumption.

--
Michael Press

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 20, 11:16 pm, "Ted Mittelstaedt" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "jim beam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> $2.5m at say $2.5k full retail value each, that's 1000 bikes. over 9
>>> years, that's 111 per year, or roughly 10 per month.
>>> put another way, the dow dropped from ~12300 to ~11800 this week, wiping
>>> out about 4% of your retirement portfolio,

>> Not me, I like it when the Dow drops since I moved all my 401K money
>> to a money market last year as soon as the news broke about the mortgage
>> ****. I knew the fan was coming and now I'm laughing my ass off. As soon
>> as the market stops dropping and starts going up I'll move it all back into
>> stocks and clean up!
>>
>> Ted

> Ah a market timer! A sure losing strategy in the long run.

really? you'd better let this guy know then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons

timing the market is a losing strategy? that's one of the dumbest
things i ever read.