Dirty Road Bikes

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
It's about time we some piccies of bikes wherein the bikes look like they've been doin' what they were built to do....er......ride. Pictures of pristine, nearly sterile bikes that look like they've been stored in a cleanroom (for those that don't know, here's what it's all aboutare boring, so none of that here.

I like what this guy did with his Colnago EPS, which is equipped with Campy Super Record (the new flavor):

expower%20002.jpg

expower%20001.jpg

expower%20003.jpg

alienator said:
It's about time we some piccies of bikes wherein the bikes look like they've been doin' what they were built to do....er......ride. Pictures of pristine, nearly sterile bikes that look like they've been stored in a cleanroom (for those that don't know, here's what it's all aboutare boring, so none of that here.

I like what this guy did with his Colnago EPS, which is equipped with Campy Super Record (the new flavor):

expower%20002.jpg

expower%20001.jpg

expower%20003.jpg

The person who did this to this bike should be flogged!

I think Ernesto C. would be very proud to see his bike used enthusiastically like this guy did.

I've got your back, Tony. I regard mud on my chain about like I would sandpaper on my toilet paper.

I like what a friend in New Zealand had to say 'bout riding in inclement conditions and getting bikes dirty, and the aversion to getting bikes dirty that some have "...the whining nancies were mortified. It's a bike FFS."

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

I must say...If I was the owner of either of those bikes, with my OCD..I would be cleaning as soon as my butt left the saddle!!!:D

alienator said:
I like what a friend in New Zealand had to say 'bout riding in inclement conditions and getting bikes dirty, and the aversion to getting bikes dirty that some have "...the whining nancies were mortified. It's a bike FFS."

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

LOL! I want to be like you when I grow up - a $5000+ bike filthy as a pig sty is "small stuff"...I have to imagine the owner of that bike probably paid someone to clean it, or more than likely had one of his servants tend to the trivial matter...

I'll leave the getting dirty stuff to my $350 mountain bike, not a mega-buck road bike...common sense to me...

I suppose I could add some pictures later since it seems to rain on me on each training event. However, the bike does get a thorough cleaning when I get home so there is just a short period when dirt is on the bike.

I have some cycling friends that just will not train with us in the rain because they put their bikes above training itself.

Im all about getting the bike filthy. I find the cleaning process very therapeutic haha. The only thing i really hate about riding in the north east in the winter after a rain or something is getting all the salt kicked up onto the bike. Sometimes its a few days before i can get to cleaning it and the possibility of corrosion scares me

Feltski said:
Im all about getting the bike filthy. I find the cleaning process very therapeutic haha. The only thing i really hate about riding in the north east in the winter after a rain or something is getting all the salt kicked up onto the bike. Sometimes its a few days before i can get to cleaning it and the possibility of corrosion scares me

please stop. ;)

tonyzackery said:
LOL! I want to be like you when I grow up - a $5000+ bike filthy as a pig sty is "small stuff"...I have to imagine the owner of that bike probably paid someone to clean it, or more than likely had one of his servants tend to the trivial matter...

That just goes to show what you think you know about people is far from accurate.

That first Colnago looked icy. So he's using his bike the way it was meant to be used....in subfreezing weather to boot!

garage sale GT said:
That first Colnago looked icy. So he's using his bike the way it was meant to be used....in subfreezing weather to boot!

+1. There was snow about, and it were cold, he said.

Felt_Rider said:
I suppose I could add some pictures later since it seems to rain on me on each training event. However, the bike does get a thorough cleaning when I get home so there is just a short period when dirt is on the bike.

It continues to rain on me, but my bike is not very photogenic :)
It typically looks nastier than the pictures portray.
I may have to look for a mud hole the next time I am out. :)

Cleans up nicely though

alienator said:

I think I saw this bike on eBay..."never ridden in rain/crashed/abused"

I think I'll need a week of therapy just looking at these photos...should be labeled NWS!

whats the best for washing ?i just use suddsy warm water the bike ussualy gets washed before me hate seeing it dirty,,,:rolleyes:

teamgomez said:
I think I'll need a week of therapy just looking at these photos...should be labeled NWS!

I know. The pics are awesome aren't they? The guy rode it like a bike supposed to be ridden. Kudos to him.

I see a picture of a bike thats had mud thrown at the back of it...
... there's no way the bottom of the downtube, forks and front wheel can stay that clean and the back look like it's been buried in the swamp. Pristine clean bottle too.

It's not mud on the bike. It's the leftovers from a ride, in the Colorado mountains, in snow.