Dirty Road Bikes

alienator said:
That reminds me of the good ol' times. I knew this lass, years ago, in a biblical way, and man, water sports with her were golden!

That will get you stripped of your woggle.

alienator said:
The things she did with my woggle and a cup of pork fat......man, it was hot......

But did Lord Baden-Powell approve?

The only truly nasty thing about riding bikes in filthy conditions is grit in one's chamois. Otherwise, there is zero downside, plus you do get some good war stories.

taniwha said:
But did Lord Baden-Powell approve?

The only truly nasty thing about riding bikes in filthy conditions is grit in one's chamois. Otherwise, there is zero downside, plus you do get some good war stories.

I had a friend who had the best war stories. Every single one started out like this:
No sh1t, there I was. The situation was grim as usual.
Beautiful that is.

By all rights, any epic tale worth telling should have in its accounting either grit in someone's chamois, copious bleeding, and/or gruesomely deforming fractures.

"Ohhhhh, the humanity"...:D

Not my baby, but the Kestrel is durty nonetheless...now I'll need to pay the kid next door to wash it for me...hate it when this happens, but I needed to experience the sensations of what it felt like to use my bike the way it was meant to be used:D.

For the uninitiated, riding in the rain is way overrated...I'll stick to racing my bikes - that's how they were meant to be used:cool:...

Originally Posted by alienator .

I like what a friend in New Zealand had to say 'bout riding in inclement conditions and getting bikes dirty, and the aversion to getting bikes dirty that some have "...the whining nancies were mortified. It's a bike FFS."

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.
Absolutely agree, a lot of members of cycling forums seem to be more interested in cleaning their bikes rather than riding them(unless it's in the garage on a trainer when it's raining).
Â