Do you need to remember summer?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chris Brown, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2004
    Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn.

    Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories. Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to be an industrial strength winter.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
    http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
    http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf

    Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.

    But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really can't be beat, either.

    I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.

    Happy trails, everybody.

    paladin

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:35:24 +1100, Chris Brown
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
    > U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a
    > run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn..
    >

    > Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories..
    > Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to
    > be an industrial strength winter.
    >
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
    > http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
    > http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf
    >
    > Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives
    > you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.
    >
    > But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really
    > can't be beat, either.
    >
    > I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
    > get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.
    >
    > Happy trails, everybody.
    >

    > paladin

    Looks like Socal is actually having a real winter this year. I think the
    entire West coast is getting hammered. I guess in some ways it's a good
    thing, but come-on, my belly is getting huge... I need to get out and ride
    already!!! :-(

    --
    Slacker - time for another bowl of ice cream

  3. Chris Brown wrote:
    > Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
    > U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take

    > run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the

    Blackburn.

    The riding in Tucson is great. We rode Fantasy Island yesterday in
    shorts. Brown's Canyon is on the agenda today. Hoping to hook up with
    Fagerlin and The Freak in Phoenix in a couple of days. (Now, that'll be
    a ride...)

    Stay warm.

    CC

  4. gabrielle

    gabrielle Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:35:24 +1100, Chris Brown wrote:

    > http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh

    Cool! I don't remember seeing this RR when it was originally posted. :)

    > I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
    > get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.

    Headed up to get some freshies in a few here myself.

    gabrielle

  5. Ne>

    Ne> Guest

    "Chris Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
    > U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a
    > run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn.
    >

    > Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories.
    > Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to
    > be an industrial strength winter.
    >
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
    > http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
    > http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf
    >
    > Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives
    > you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.
    >
    > But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really
    > can't be beat, either.
    >
    > I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
    > get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.
    >
    > Happy trails, everybody.
    >

    > paladin
    >

    > --
    > Chris Brown

    We've got it pretty bad over here in Ireland, we've had some pretty bad
    flooding too. I would get out on the bike but i'd have to take my waders.
    We didn't even have a good summer last year, (we probably had a bout a weeks
    worth of good weather.)

    Pagey

  6. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2004
    Take lots of pictures, if you can. Glad to hear you made it to AZ and are riding. Tell the big galoot hi.

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    >Or,how's the weather out there?

    Midly overcast and un-seasonably warm temps around the mid seventies.
    I did your reflections, but I'm too busy creating my own. This is the
    best time of the year to ride....

    Dave

  8. Ezookiel

    Ezookiel Guest

    I might be old, but my short-term memory loss isn't so bad that I can't
    remember 30 seconds ago when I came inside to use the computer. Hmmph... Do
    you need to remember summer?..... Friggin HELL NO, it's bloody 40C outside
    right now!!!!!!

    I've got the air-con cranked up (or should that be DOWN, since it's set to a
    LOW temperature not a high one?)
    and I'm just ITCHING for 1st Feb when my replacement bike for the one that
    was stolen months ago FINALLY ARRIVES so I can cool off with the breeze on
    the face from a fast moving bike on a nice shady forest trail.

    Just 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

    Ezookiel

  9. small change

    small change Guest

    Ezookiel wrote:
    > I might be old, but my short-term memory loss isn't so bad that I
    > can't remember 30 seconds ago when I came inside to use the computer.
    > Hmmph... Do you need to remember summer?..... Friggin HELL NO, it's
    > bloody 40C outside right now!!!!!!
    >
    > I've got the air-con cranked up (or should that be DOWN, since it's
    > set to a LOW temperature not a high one?)
    > and I'm just ITCHING for 1st Feb when my replacement bike for the
    > one that was stolen months ago FINALLY ARRIVES so I can cool off with
    > the breeze on the face from a fast moving bike on a nice shady forest
    > trail.
    >
    > Just 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    >
    > Ezookiel

    LOL, 0 Fahrenheit here.