Do you need to remember summer?



Chris Brown

New Member
Mar 10, 2004
58
0
0
Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn.

Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories. Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to be an industrial strength winter.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf

Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.

But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really can't be beat, either.

I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.

Happy trails, everybody.


paladin
 
S

Slacker

Guest
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:35:24 +1100, Chris Brown
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
> U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a
> run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn..
>
>
> Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories..
> Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to
> be an industrial strength winter.
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
> http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
> http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
> http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf
>
> Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives
> you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.
>
> But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really
> can't be beat, either.
>
> I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
> get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.
>
> Happy trails, everybody.
>
>
> paladin
>
>

Looks like Socal is actually having a real winter this year. I think the
entire West coast is getting hammered. I guess in some ways it's a good
thing, but come-on, my belly is getting huge... I need to get out and ride
already!!! :-(

--
Slacker - time for another bowl of ice cream
 
C

Corvus Corvax

Guest
Chris Brown wrote:
> Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
> U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take

a
> run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the

Blackburn.

The riding in Tucson is great. We rode Fantasy Island yesterday in
shorts. Brown's Canyon is on the agenda today. Hoping to hook up with
Fagerlin and The Freak in Phoenix in a couple of days. (Now, that'll be
a ride...)

Stay warm.

CC
 
G

gabrielle

Guest
On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:35:24 +1100, Chris Brown wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh


Cool! I don't remember seeing this RR when it was originally posted. :)

> I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
> get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.


Headed up to get some freshies in a few here myself.

gabrielle
 
N

Ne>

Guest
"Chris Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
>
> Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
> U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take a
> run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the Blackburn.
>
>
> Here's a couple quick links to pics to bring back some "warm" memories.
> Please post your own so we can take a break from what is shaping up to
> be an industrial strength winter.
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=602501#poststop
> http://tinyurl.com/6gbvh
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48268
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40566
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40243
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=40237 Jim n Carla here
> http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/BikeonFisherWilliams(1).jpg
> http://tinyurl.com/7x7kf
>
> Well, you get the idea. Winter riding is fine. Makes you tough, gives
> you a quiet, intense experience that is shared by very few.
>
> But riding hard in the heat and jumping in the river to cool off really
> can't be beat, either.
>
> I'll stop whining now and pull the skis down off the wall. Can probably
> get a few miles in xc-ing around the neighborhoon tomorrow morning.
>
> Happy trails, everybody.
>
>
> paladin
>
>
> --
> Chris Brown
>

We've got it pretty bad over here in Ireland, we've had some pretty bad
flooding too. I would get out on the bike but i'd have to take my waders.
We didn't even have a good summer last year, (we probably had a bout a weeks
worth of good weather.)

Pagey
 

Chris Brown

New Member
Mar 10, 2004
58
0
0
Corvus Corvax said:
Chris Brown wrote:
> Or,how's the weather out there? With three uber-storms hammering the
> U.S. right now, and howling snow and wind outside, I just had to take

a
> run down memory lane. Sure got bored with 90 minutes on the

Blackburn.

The riding in Tucson is great. We rode Fantasy Island yesterday in
shorts. Brown's Canyon is on the agenda today. Hoping to hook up with
Fagerlin and The Freak in Phoenix in a couple of days. (Now, that'll be
a ride...)

Stay warm.

CC

Take lots of pictures, if you can. Glad to hear you made it to AZ and are riding. Tell the big galoot hi.
 
D

Dave W

Guest

>
>Or,how's the weather out there?


Midly overcast and un-seasonably warm temps around the mid seventies.
I did your reflections, but I'm too busy creating my own. This is the
best time of the year to ride....

Dave
 
E

Ezookiel

Guest
I might be old, but my short-term memory loss isn't so bad that I can't
remember 30 seconds ago when I came inside to use the computer. Hmmph... Do
you need to remember summer?..... Friggin HELL NO, it's bloody 40C outside
right now!!!!!!

I've got the air-con cranked up (or should that be DOWN, since it's set to a
LOW temperature not a high one?)
and I'm just ITCHING for 1st Feb when my replacement bike for the one that
was stolen months ago FINALLY ARRIVES so I can cool off with the breeze on
the face from a fast moving bike on a nice shady forest trail.

Just 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Ezookiel
 
S

small change

Guest
Ezookiel wrote:
> I might be old, but my short-term memory loss isn't so bad that I
> can't remember 30 seconds ago when I came inside to use the computer.
> Hmmph... Do you need to remember summer?..... Friggin HELL NO, it's
> bloody 40C outside right now!!!!!!
>
> I've got the air-con cranked up (or should that be DOWN, since it's
> set to a LOW temperature not a high one?)
> and I'm just ITCHING for 1st Feb when my replacement bike for the
> one that was stolen months ago FINALLY ARRIVES so I can cool off with
> the breeze on the face from a fast moving bike on a nice shady forest
> trail.
>
> Just 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
>
> Ezookiel


LOL, 0 Fahrenheit here.