Don't Buy From "Bicyclegifts.com"

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Wolverbob, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Wolverbob

    Wolverbob Guest

    Maybe a number of you received a message through your bike club from Richard
    Kuhlman of www.BicycleGifts.com recently, offering bike club members a discount
    on what he is selling.

    As the coordinator of the Wolver-Bents Michigan Cyclists, I received the spam
    message from Kuhlman too, asking me in turn to send out his spam offer to
    everyone on the Wolver-Bents list. Myself, I am getting really tired of people
    who are selling cycling items to troll for names off web sites like the League
    of Michigan Bicyclists. Over the past few years I have had t-shirt makers,
    water-bottle distributers and numerous touring companies all wanting me "to
    inform your membership of this great deal!!!!" as they like to say.

    What really bothers me is when you ask these people to take me off their list,
    some are really offended, because they are "cyclists" and in their mind that
    makes them different.

    WIth the Kuhlman Bicyclegifts.com "offer", I sent him a message telling him I
    did not want to recieve any spam from him. He shot back that in his opinion it
    was not spam and instead a "special offer". I then blocked any further e-mail
    from him.

    I then received a second message from him, sent by a second e-mail address he
    has, telling me that he was offended that I called him a spammer. I sent back a
    message telling him to face reality in that I never asked him to send me
    messages and indeed he is sending out spam. In this message, Kuhlman also
    admits he uses the LMB list for customer trolling. I then blocked the second
    e-mail address he used.

    Lo and behold, I received a third e-mail from Kuhlman, using a third e-mail
    address he has. This one was accusing me of hating the world around Christmas.
    I told him, no, I don't hate the world, I am only upset with spammers. I then
    blocked that e-mail address of his. So far there a no new messages from him.

    Anyway, if I were you, I would think twice about ordering anything from
    "Bicyclegifts'com". The person who runs that business cannot seem to comprehend
    that he sends spam. Besides that, would you ever buy anything from someone who
    goes around telling people they "hate the world" just because they don't like
    spam?

    Bob Krzewinski
    Wolver-Bents Recumbent Cyclists
    www.wolverbents.org

    Tags:

  2. Edze

    Edze Guest

    Try reporting them to www.spamcop.net, an anonymous spam reporting agency.
    They'll forward their info to their ISP and hopefully they'll do something
    about it. When we get reports from them about intentional spam coming from
    our subscribers, we usually shut their internet services down.

    "Wolverbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
> [...]

    second
    > e-mail address he used.
    >
    > Lo and behold, I received a third e-mail from Kuhlman, using a third

    e-mail
    > address he has. This one was accusing me of hating the world around

    Christmas.
    > I told him, no, I don't hate the world, I am only upset with spammers. I

    then
    > blocked that e-mail address of his. So far there a no new messages from

    him.

    > Anyway, if I were you, I would think twice about ordering anything from
    > "Bicyclegifts'com". The person who runs that business cannot seem to

    comprehend
    > that he sends spam. Besides that, would you ever buy anything from someone

    who
    > goes around telling people they "hate the world" just because they don't

  3. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    I get that from toolmakers and people who think they want to sell my tools but
    not really. the worst is the phone calls. you think someone wants to buy
    something and they want to sell you some web hosting service.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes