questions now asked must relate to these. Of course, t is a few years
since the new electronic system was set up.

Terry, it's the boxtard again, nicking content from a previous post I made a longtime ago.

On 2008-04-20, Terryc (aka Bruce)
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Driver license test questions
>> those of you with licenses, do
>> you recall *anything* either
>> in handbooks or the computer
>> tests that directly related to
>> pedestrians or cyclists?

> Yes and I understnad that, in NSW, at least on ofthe 36(?) random(?)
> questions now asked must relate to these. Of course, t is a few years
> since the new electronic system was set up.

Terry, if thunderbird has a half decent implementation of killfiles,
kill on the regexp:

That gets most of Bratton's ****, such that I haven't had to read an
utterance of his in years.

--
TimC
ALU n. Arthritic Logic Unit, or (rare) Arithmetic Logic Unit. A random

cfsmtb wrote:

> Terry, it's the boxtard again, nicking content from a previous post I
> made a longtime ago.

I knew it was the idiot, but the intelligent content fooled me. I
thought I should reward the sane posts in a vain hope.

TimC wrote:

> Terry, if thunderbird has a half decent implementation of killfiles,

Sadly not. Only address filters.
I use thunderbird because of its ability for deep sub-directory
presorting on mail. I need to seriously research a new newsreader
though, but it is kind of still way down the to-doo list.

<Todays problem is 'how do your stick your fingers down the throat of a
DLT drive to make it spit out the tape' I'm almost ready to try the cat
brush on it>

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:10:24 +1000, Terryc wrote:

> I use thunderbird because of its ability for deep sub-directory
> presorting on mail. I need to seriously research a new newsreader
> though, but it is kind of still way down the to-doo list.

At the risk of suggesting it doesn't have all sorts of wonderful ways
to annoy you, it might be worth your looking into Pan.

> <Todays problem is 'how do your stick your fingers down the throat
> of a DLT drive to make it spit out the tape' I'm almost ready to try
> the cat brush on it>

BFO screwdriver, remove the case, pull tape out IIRC. I do remember
pulling a few dead tapes out of drives over the years, but can't remember
the details.

--
Dave Hughes - [email protected]
The family that chooses words with care together is the family that

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:00:42 +1000, Dave Hughes wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:10:24 +1000, Terryc wrote:
>
>> I use thunderbird because of its ability for deep sub-directory
>> presorting on mail. I need to seriously research a new newsreader
>> though, but it is kind of still way down the to-doo list.

> At the risk of suggesting it doesn't have all sorts of wonderful ways
> to annoy you, it might be worth your looking into Pan.

Okay, playing with it now for news.

>> <Todays problem is 'how do your stick your fingers down the throat
>> of a DLT drive to make it spit out the tape' I'm almost ready to try
>> the cat brush on it>

> BFO screwdriver, remove the case, pull tape out IIRC. I do remember
> pulling a few dead tapes out of drives over the years, but can't remember
> the details.

Basically did that. Had to toggle a latch for the front handle, rattle
tape, then re-insert and power on. Loh, it repsonded to the eject tape
button this time with no christmas lights. Now to give it a hammering to
work out if it is going to be an annoying intermittant, or it safe to
order another 20 new tapes.

On 2008-04-21, terryc (aka Bruce)
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:00:42 +1000, Dave Hughes wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:10:24 +1000, Terryc wrote:
>>> <Todays problem is 'how do your stick your fingers down the throat
>>> of a DLT drive to make it spit out the tape' I'm almost ready to try
>>> the cat brush on it>

>> BFO screwdriver, remove the case, pull tape out IIRC. I do remember
>> pulling a few dead tapes out of drives over the years, but can't remember
>> the details.

> Basically did that. Had to toggle a latch for the front handle, rattle
> tape, then re-insert and power on. Loh, it repsonded to the eject tape
> button this time with no christmas lights. Now to give it a hammering to
> work out if it is going to be an annoying intermittant, or it safe to
> order another 20 new tapes.

Oh, that's easy. It will work during the hammering, but will fail on
the first of the 20 new tapes.

I don't believe I didn't have to poke siggy with a BFO screwdriver to
get the text below...

--
TimC
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere. --unknown

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:45:18 +0000, TimC wrote:

> Oh, that's easy. It will work during the hammering, but will fail on
> the first of the 20 new tapes.

Bout right. exactly right actually, both worked whilst in pieces, but ...
I currently have two drives that are taking it in turns to swap symptoms.
eiter they are haunted orthe root cause is something else (aka scsi card
or the cable>

Tr as I might, I can not think of any bicycle(s) that have ever done
anything like this.